Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 10:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

Depends on how & where you do the plumbing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
hey guys im planning to put a cold air intake in my accent but i have heard that it gives problems in the rains as in it sucks in water, is that true?
Old 9th February 2008, 13:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Depends on how & where you do the plumbing..
Yup, absolutely. If you fit it behind the bumper or wheel well, you're asking for trouble when you encounter wet or waterlogged roads. If it's in the engine bay itself you should be fine... just try and avoid driving through deep water at all times.
Old 31st October 2009, 12:23   #18
BHPian

Hi, This is from my personal experience from a few days ago.
I got a conical filter, which is enclosed within a shield, like a funnel and makes a nice suction roar.

There was some heavy rains in chennai past few days. I must have driven for 2-3 secs on pools of water which were hardly 3-4 inches over the road.

Today I noticed, splashes of muddy water on the filter shield (around the shield and to the rear ). Wonder what would have happened if I did not have the shield ?

Out went my conical this morning and the stock airbox with K&N replacement is back for some time now.

Ps. I drive a corsa and the conical is exactly where the stock box is.

Cheers
Old 11th November 2009, 12:05   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Out went my conical this morning and the stock airbox with K&N replacement is back for some time now.

Cheers
Last 4-5 days, during heavy rains my car became very sluggish, not revv friendly & jerking in lower gears even when I am in the rev-range..

I own a baleno, spoke to raghav (ignite) today & he hinted that it could be the dampness of the air filter (piper cross stock) causing the problem.

It was bright day today here in Chennai, believe me the car begged to rev & I absolutely had no problems..
Old 11th November 2009, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

3 years back, I had to wade through flooded streets in my Ikon with an exposed conical filter.
The filter was soaking wet by the time I reached home. But, no casualty whatsoever.
Old 11th November 2009, 15:54   #21
BHPian

^^ well i have the ram style cold air intake kit from K&N and it sucks from my front grill - Its been good so far, but I do drive slow when there is oncoming rain going in from the front :-)
Old 11th November 2009, 16:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
3 years back, I had to wade through flooded streets in my Ikon with an exposed conical filter.
The filter was soaking wet by the time I reached home. But, no casualty whatsoever.
Do you think a wet filter would be the main contribution to the low pickup during heavy rains?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks