Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2007, 14:53   #1
BHPian

Indica V2 Turbo : Power difference in DLS and DLG

I have finalised onto V2 DLS Turbo, buying one this monday : Silver color

I was going thru the specs of the variants and saw this :

The DLS turbo pumps out 62PS, the DLG turbo and DLX turbo pump out 68PS

The DLS turbo pumps out 12.5Kgm of torque, whereas its 13 for DLG turbo and DLX turbo

Why is this so? I know the indigo sells with the intercooler turbo engines, is this the case with the DLG and DLX models of the Indica too? Coz as far as i remember, the Intercooler turbos pump out more power than the normal Turbos.
Old 20th April 2007, 15:12   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
I have finalised onto V2 DLS Turbo, buying one this monday : Silver color

I was going thru the specs of the variants and saw this :

The DLS turbo pumps out 62PS, the DLG turbo and DLX turbo pump out 68PS

The DLS turbo pumps out 12.5Kgm of torque, whereas its 13 for DLG turbo and DLX turbo

Why is this so? I know the indigo sells with the intercooler turbo engines, is this the case with the DLG and DLX models of the Indica too? Coz as far as i remember, the Intercooler turbos pump out more power than the normal Turbos.
I am not sure if DLG & DLX delievers more in specs.

If you are right then, it may have been done to take care of extra weight of DLX &DLG over DLS. Its easy to achieve just a little tweaking with FIP for metering & timing.

As an indica owner i would suggest you to go for DLX or atleast DLG. I own a DLS coz delaer told me there is not much diff in specs.

you will miss, heater & defogger in winters. I have dirven a DLX too there is no power difference to be felt, i dont know about current model, mine is oct 2003.
Old 20th April 2007, 15:30   #3
BHPian

yes the DLX and DLG versions come with intercooler turbos..and there is a difference in power as well..havent driven the DLS turbo though...So cant tell how much of difference it makes
Old 20th April 2007, 16:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Bunny, I have driven the 62PS Turbo indigo extensively(family owns one), and have taken test drives of the Intercooled ones.
There is a noticeable difference.
I would recommend the 68bhp DLG turbo rather than the DLS turbo.
Old 20th April 2007, 16:11   #5
BHPian

I bought a 2007 Indica Turbo DLG last month. Its a pleasure to drive.

Apart from getting the TCIC engine (in DLG/DLX) rather than the TC engine (in DLS) with the additional power, also the additional features like HVAC, Power Windows, Rear Defogger, Side Mirrors on both sides, better interiors (some fabric lining stuff) etc.

The overall package of the DLG version is more VFM and also simply a better buy. So spending that extra 20k on the DLG over DLS is a good decision. DLX doesn't add that much value for the premium charged over DLG. Hence, I didn't opt for it. My recommendation in the versions would be a DLG.

Note:
TCIC - Turbo Charged Inter Cooler
TC - Turbo Charged
Old 20th April 2007, 16:14   #6
BHPian

oops, in my opening post, i wrote DLS by mistake. We are indeed going in for the DLG version, in silver color. I m tryin hard to convince my dad and brother to put in a set of cool alloy wheels too
Old 20th April 2007, 16:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

So you are opting for the TCIC, thats good.
Which dealer? I think you get 15000 cash of the turbo DLG nowadays.
Old 20th April 2007, 18:49   #8
BHPian

I m getting 12,000 discount on the OTR, further 12,000 as we are going in for EMIs and around 15,000 further less as we are transferring our zen's insurance onto it.
The DLG is gonna cost us around 3.85 OTR this way and with our monthly running being around 2000 kms, the car is gonna turn out to be quite cheap

This is the quotation we got from the dealer on Rama Road (west delhi)..forgot the name! We are getting around 1.15L for our 1.46L used May 2000 Zen LX Mpi

Most Viewed