Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Wipers : Traditional or Frameless (from all perspectives)?
Traditional 94 40.69%
Frameless 137 59.31%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2021, 11:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Should I pay more for frameless wipers?

I personally don't see what the brouhaha is over frameless wipers. My Figo has traditional wipers, and my Nexon has frameless wipers. The difference between the two at least to my eyes is imperceptible.
Old 27th April 2021, 01:32   #47
BHPian

Project Farm has done comprehensive reviews of wipers - both frame based and frameless models. Do check out.

He is one of the best YouTubers who does very objective reviews of several DIY products and tools. The effort he puts in to just setup the tests is amazing. Do checkout his other videos too.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 27th April 2021 at 01:34.
Old 1st May 2021, 23:31   #48
BHPian

Hi folks, just joined the Team-BHP family and this is my very first post.
I do a few long drives every year and the most annoying thing I find with framed wipers is that they pick up dragonflies. When that happens one has to constantly stop and clear them off or keep driving and watch them being slowly dismembered. Both diminish the long drive experience. Once I found about the frameless ones, I immediately switched them on my Figo and my problem was solved.
Performance and longetivity wise I found them both to be the same at all speeds.
Old 27th May 2021, 13:07   #49

I don’t know where you guys are buying these fancy expensive frameless wipers.

I got myself a cheap TVS pair and it performs similarly to the OEM one but lasts much longer. Doing the same on my Verna 2017. Paid ₹650 for a pair as opposed to ₹400 that I used to pay for frame types.

Looks are unimportant for me. As long as it performs fine and doesn’t cost more, I’m quite happy with frameless.

Mod Note : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 28th May 2021 at 11:23. Reason: Mod note attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks