Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite accident | Dealership sends 21-lakh rupee repair estimate

Happy to learn that the occupant is doing fine. The crashed car pictures are terrible and it is nothing short of a miracle that the gentleman got out okay.

This was already mentioned in some earlier posts. The cost is to build back the car at the dealership and not the factory where it is automated and economies of scale play a large role in bringing the cost down. There could be no way to tell even if a part that looks good may work later or not.

Best declared as a total loss and thank the heavens for keeping the occupant safe. The dealership will agree to a lower cost to be compensated for their time and effort. I would advise speaking to them and I am sure they will oblige. But it is reasonable for them to ask for money for the assessment.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

It feels good to read that the owner is safe and equally sad to see a new car in this state. Feeling sorry for the owner regarding the car but frankly what should matter to him (his health) has been protected well by the car.

Enough has been said about the way this repair estimate has been generated.

I have nothing to add here to that except that now Magnite owners can bookmark this thread. Every part along with its part number and price has been detailed here in the estimate.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 21:43   #33
BHPian

Just curious. In such a situation where it is actually not possible to repair/not worth repairing the car, does the insurance company just give you the monetary value of the car back? And with that money, purchase a new car maybe? I'm not really sure how this works since I myself have never been in an accident like this nor have I had to sort out insurance.
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:02   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

This is taking "inflate the bill" to a whole new dimension! Wonder who signed this off without a thought? Or was he keeping a margin of safety

GST - 4.3 lakhs worth of taxes in there.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 22:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
This just seems like some junior SA hit Select all on the parts list and generated the quote.

Hope the owner gets his claim processed quickly and he is back on the road in a new car.

Edit: is that the CVT transmission that costs over 4.5L (item no 138). That is a bit overboard. Is the damn thing imported?
Even more ridiculous sounding perhaps, is the SAC (services accounting code) which appears to be the same for the auto transmission and something called as “hose water”
I mean, am I reading this wrong or is there something really wrong with this situation?

Among all this, glad to know that the owner is doing well and recovered.
Old 22nd April 2021, 23:35   #36
BHPian

I don't see anything wrong with the estimate. Not sure why the OP, and others who concurred, feel this as "stupidity" and "lack of common sense" in "some organizations". Is there a rule to not demand more for repairs than what the car is worth new? It's the customer or the insurance company who takes financial decisions based on the repair estimates. Obviously, in this case, they would agree on totaling the car.

This is an exaggeration, but still: Imagine you buy a newspaper for ₹5, and tear it into pieces (or shred it). Do you really expect someone to charge less than ₹5 to "repair/reconstruct" it?
vikred is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 01:59   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikred View Post
This is an exaggeration, but still: Imagine you buy a newspaper for ₹5, and tear it into pieces (or shred it). Do you really expect someone to charge less than ₹5 to "repair/reconstruct" it?
The reason this analogy does not apply is: a car consists of several separate parts. A piece of paper does not.
An example comparable to the situation at hand would be ordering a Happy Meal from McDonalds wherein you get a burger, fries, etc. But when you go to buy the burger, fries and stuff separately, you get charged more than double the amount you paid for the Happy Meal.

Now it may not be wrong or illegal for that matter. But is it ridiculous? Absolutely. And thus the (potential) consumers ought to know about the conduct of this company. Free market presupposes perfect knowledge, doesn't it?
N.A.GTC is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 08:40   #38
BHPian

It's a testament to the level of education and awareness of the fine folks on Team BHP that most were able to realize immediately that this was done to make the car a clearly obvious Total Loss, and not an attempted rip-off.

And looking at the car, it's clear that the owner is understating the severity and the impact speeds of the accident. The car saved their lives. Period. I had reservations on recommending the car to folks as I thought they might have found ways to circumvent the tests and get a high rating for the test cars, but looking at the passenger compartment it is clear that the car distributed the impact the way it is supposed to.

Kudos to Nissan and Renault for letting out the cat among the overpriced mice in the market!!
vivekgk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 09:54   #39
BHPian

Looks like he just went to the ERP system and took an output of every single component that makes the Magnite and hit print! I heard of old Merc being overengineered to the point where the production cost exceed the sale but this guy is taking it too far with the humble Magnite!
The takeaway from this as everyone pointed, is the 4 star rating is truly tested and we got a spare part list and price:-) Always look for the silver lining really came through here.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:12   #40

In this case, if the Andhra Pradesh State RTC bus was at fault, will Indraharsha technically be able to claim the 3rd party liability insurance from the bus? This is so that he does not loose the no claim bonus on the policy.

No one usually prefers to go the 3rd party liability insurance route as we do not want our cars/bikes stuck in a police station. But in this case the car is not drivable at all.
Tinuvilla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvilla View Post
No one usually prefers to go the 3rd party liability insurance route as we do not want our cars/bikes stuck in a police station. But in this case the car is not drivable at all.
It isn't that easy the way the we understand a TP claim. First and foremost we must register a FIR then attach these documents along with the claim documents and then after a long battle of court proceedings the judge will deliver his/her judgement based on the facts and evidences and a final settlement amount will be mentioned by the court which will be liable to be paid to the insured, this amount cannot be greater than or equal to, as per IRDA and insurer's policy T&C's. A T.L settlement shall be more faster and less of a headache instead.

Another point I would like to mention is to refer the policy carefully about hospitalization due to accident, many policies provide this facility too and can be claimed accordingly subject to financial limitation of liability of insurer. If not, the same can be claimed through a mediclaim policy too.
sameerpatel90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:47   #42
Senior - BHPian

Is this with or without the courier charges?
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:49   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Is this with or without the courier charges?
Good one. It is the final landing cost to a customer including removal and refitting.
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

Please publish the name of the dealer. At least this helps other owners to be careful about the dealer while thinking to go to him and to an extent, reduces his business.

It is there in the top of the estimate.
Old 23rd April 2021, 11:10   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
On a positive note, we now have a full list of spare parts and their prices for Nissan Magnite. Will be helpful for people looking to buy it!
Hell yeah! I'm going to come back to those priceless pics with the spare part prices when my sister hunts for a new car later this year. She had the Magnite CVT in mind.

And what's with the Rs.4.5 lakh CVT? Hyundai had similarly quoted such a price for the Creta's 6 speed TC automatic gearbox.

The timeless (sic.) Jattco 405e 4 speed TC automatic gearbox used by Maruti costs only ~Rs.70,000 to buy off of Boodmo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks