Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 05:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
I still have the OEM clutch and at 10000 kms it still feels like its got sufficient life to see my dog's grandpups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You've never been past 3000 rpm in your life.
Or used the car that often..its a surprise your car has reached 10000 kms;

Godfather
Old 23rd May 2007, 08:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Or used the car that often..its a surprise your car has reached 10000 kms;

Godfather
You should understand that his parking spot is very difficult to slot into. the odo reading increases while parking.

Has anyone written to MUL for the clutch issue in swift?
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:50   #33
BHPian

My 6 month old 6000 KM run Swift has gearbox noise which is currently being addressed. They will replace seam, shaft. Gearbox O/H in such a short time is serious concern for me. My 10 year old Esteem didn't had any issues and was so strong that I guess it could easily function for at least 5 more years
Old 23rd May 2007, 15:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

I have a very strong feeling that Maruti is going to have it sooner than later. Someone somewhere is going to come after them pretty soon on this issue. With the number of people complaining about Swift clutch and sundry others about serious issues like gearbox OH I think its is very fast turning out to be something on which in US they would have got sued on a Class Action Lawsuit.
Old 30th August 2007, 11:42   #35
BHPian

My swift P shudders in cold starts then it is fine on flat roads. When driving with full load and up-hill it shudders a lot. I have given it to Sai Service. Lets see what they comeup with. I have asked for a free replacement of clutch. My car has done 5000 km.

Can anyone explain why it shudders only during cold starts. Can it be because of hight RPM?
Old 30th August 2007, 18:43   #36
BHPian

Hey guys got the car back from 2nd service. Sai Service has replaced the clutch under warranty. Will update again after couple of days with the feedback on new clutch.
Old 30th August 2007, 19:35   #37

my best friend got swift vdi on 14th this month and already has clutch problem rather pressure plates of clutch , gear box and steering assembly r to be changed next monday .wonder wats happening.
Old 30th August 2007, 20:47   #38
BANNED

guys , mine is at about 35K and I have no issues with it !! Also not to forget that its done 35K of pretty hard driving ...

Cheers
Old 31st August 2007, 08:30   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
...the engineer there told me that with proper usage it lasts for 25k kms which is very low compared to other cars.
Way too early. .
Old 31st August 2007, 12:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

My friend's (forum member speedonline) Swift at 25k has severe clutch judder, which is frankly unacceptable. He's trying to get it replaced under warranty from MUL. As for clutch life, a well driven car's clutch shoudl last much more, for eg. My mother's Santro is still on it's original clutch at 93k kms.
Old 31st August 2007, 14:07   #41
BHPian

Slightly OT

What has been your experiences with the time taken for the clutch repair even if performed under warranty?

My experience with Maruti is bad. The dealer workshop staff will never accept such claims under warranty, and will only do so only if you put up a fight. Moreover, the dealer has to consult the maruti engineer and only when they receive the green signal do they accept the warranty claim. And the Maruti engineer takes their own sweet time. I have a truevalue Wagon R under warranty and car developed a alternator failure. After arguing, they accepted that its covered under warranty. On Monday morning 27 Aug 8;30 AM , leave car at their workshop. In the evening, they inform me that Maruti is closed on 27-28, hence they will get approval only on 29. I will post details separately in my thread on the Truevalue experience.

Last edited by risga : 31st August 2007 at 14:09.
Old 1st September 2007, 21:17   #42
BHPian

Well for me it was pretty fast. I gave my swift for service at 9 am and got the car back with 2nd service done and clutch replaced (under warranty) by 5.30 pm same day. This was at Sai Service, Andheri.
Old 2nd September 2007, 11:36   #43
Senior - BHPian

The problem is with the clutch. The quality of the clutch rather. The pressure plate springs are uneven. Because of pathetic QC. The thrust bearing then sits uneven. There is a lag for the thrust bearing to sit properly on all pressure plate springs. Will cause uneven wear of the clutch plate also. And leave scores on the flywheel. The earlier you notice the better. I just noticed, and at around 9000 kms they will sure as hell crib to replace under warranty.

Also I'm not sure how much fun it is to replace under warranty. MGP parts are at best the same quality, or even worse. My friend recently replaced the clutch assembly on his Baleno. Same issue. He had to replace the flywheel, the new MGP flywheel was of much inferior quality than the OEM flywheel.

I am told Daikin clutches are good. If you can find original and the ones made in Japan. Not Malaysia.
Old 2nd September 2007, 20:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

If we drive carefully and use proper gear in different speeds instead of using half clutch action clutch will last long, I do agree and can see my 2003 Omni's clutch plates started giving problem when car had clocked just 4000km. Reason: the person who drove that car was abusing clutch too much.

About Swift my car had clocked 11000km when I sold it. I never had issue with clutch but lot of other issues. Driver who driven Swift was very professional and patient so never abused it even in traffic jam.

I am sure clutch issue mainly depends on the way we drive and next it depends on defective clutch.

Maruti sources only told me in 2006 end they had to deal with lot of clutch related issues for their cars manufactured between 2005 and 2006.

The vendor who supplied the parts to MUL might be culprit :( and MUL didn't do proper QC.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 2nd September 2007, 22:49   #45
BHPian

HI i have a petrol swift........I bought a used one i bought it on 12000km now current is 22000 kilometers and i have to replace the clutch plate and even the pressure plate and i didnt get the warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks