Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2015, 16:52   #16
BHPian

Re: Indica AC problem....Please help!

Can someone point me to the location of the cabin air filter in indica V2? Is it under the passenger storage bin?
Old 16th September 2015, 17:28   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Can someone point me to the location of the cabin air filter in indica V2? Is it under the passenger storage bin?
Indica doesn't have a filter for a/c system..
ameaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 16:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
The AC in my Indica V2 DLS is behaving weird. A couple of months ago when i went on a long drive on a sunny day the AC just did not cool. There was no cooling at all. However, while returning from the drive in the night it cooled just fine.

Now, after i drive for 45 minutes or so the AC just stops cooling. The orange light on the AC button is on. I can feel the load on the engine as if the AC was on. When i turn the AC on after sometime it is fine again. This happened twice in the last two days. I think there might be some loose connection.

Experienced folks on the forum, could you please help?
Anyone have any idea why this happens?

I have the same problem, but thankfully, it kicks in only after 1-2 hours.

One diagnosis is that the coolant is low, which leads to the condenser freezing. Another one was that the condenser is packed with dirt which causes it to pack up after a while.
Any idea?
Old 7th March 2016, 19:56   #19
BHPian

Get it diagnosed quickly. I recommend not using the AC in the mean time. I did the same mistake. AC unit service would have sufficed had i got it done in time. I kept using it like that and the compressor went kaput. Had to replace them all costing me around 15000 Rs at Subros authorised service centre.
Old 7th March 2016, 20:52   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Anyone have any idea why this happens?

I have the same problem, but thankfully, it kicks in only after 1-2 hours.

One diagnosis is that the coolant is low, which leads to the condenser freezing. Another one was that the condenser is packed with dirt which causes it to pack up after a while.
Any idea?
Check if the radiator high speed fan is working or not. To check this, open the bonnet when the engine reaches normal operating temperature. Ask someone to race the engine till the fan starts to spin. Once the fan starts spinning, stop racing the engine and switch on the ac. There should be a perceptible increase in the rpm of radiator fan. If the rpm doesn't increase, its time to repair/replace the radiator fan. This could also be the culprit for ac not cooling effectively during high ambient temperatures or during rush hour traffic, as the condenser doesn't get sufficient cooling.
Old 8th March 2016, 13:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

I checked the radiator & condensor fans, both are working with the ac on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks