Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2024, 15:32   #91

Re: Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
And the final update (happened a month back, but was too busy) . The dealer had informed me that company will bear 1.4 lacs and I need to pay only 70k initially. But when the works were over they said that I will have to pay 1.4 lacs. I called up VW again immediately, but they were behaving as if they don't care at all, and it was like take away my car from workshop. One thing which we all have to understand is that it's not the dealers of VW who has a really bad careless attitude, its because of the company policies. VW was in no mood to even see the mails sent by dealer earlier.

Anyways I was fed up with VW and felt that I should not waste my important time with VW anymore. So paid the amount and took the car out. And that was the final nail in coffin for my relationship with VW/ Skoda.

And regarding cars for enthusiasts, I hope there will be more attempts like xuv 700 as I will never touch VW / skoda in india anymore, just to avoid the interaction with their dealers.

My car still has lot of other issues, for which I have been showing them for almost 2 years, but dealer neither company is ready to rectify it.
All they know is to do oil top up and cleaning while giving for servicing.
Hi petrol_power, Can you please help me with how you finally were able to convince VW to bear a hefty amount of 1.4L?

I am an owner of Polo GT TSI 2018 model, having a similar situation like yours currently. My vehicle was given to the workshop 3 weeks back after noticing some abnormal noise coming from the engine bay area, on arriving and diagnosing at the workshop, the SA informed me that the multi-clutch + flywheel has to be replaced along with the steering rack as well giving a total estimate of 2.15L but my car has add-on warranty valid from Oct 2023 to Oct 2024. The SA agreed to move through warranty but later after 2 days informed me saying the car had rust on the under-chassis and they suspected water entry into the gearbox if proved the warranty would be void. On stripping down the gearbox, they sent me pictures of the flywheel and clutch with some rust on it and said the warranty cannot be processed. Similar to your case, I have also observed the P -> D -> R lag issue, gear shift jerks, etc, and informed the workshop about it in previous service schedules. But now after writing a mail to VW also, the dealer CRM is saying the replacement will not be covered under warranty as rust is there on the clutch and flywheel. Please guide me in this situation on how to proceed and my car was not flood affected vehicle for sure. (Chennai faced floods this december).

The pictures of the clucth and flywheel are below :
Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI-media-3.jpeg

Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI-media-2.jpeg

Yet another DQ200 gearbox failure - VW Polo GT TSI-media-1.jpeg

Any support from fellow teambhpians would be really helpful to me at this point. Thanks in advance!
Old 10th February 2024, 09:47   #92
BHPian

My addition to the thread. I’ve a Vento TDI DSG from 2014(candidate of first Vento TDI DSG ownership review on Team-BHP). It has covered 105K KMs. Had a couple of injector failures in 2023 and replaced from EVM Kochi. The bill was above 25K for each replacements.

3 weeks back, the car suddenly stopped and started making jarring noise. No gears would engage. Had towed to the Service center and the issue diagnosed is mechatronics failure.

Had to pay 25K advance of the estimated 1L cost of replacement so that they would place an order for the part. Had given an ETA of 10th Feb (today) for delivery of the part. As of Thursday, the dealership isn’t sure whether the part would come.

I think VW should be transparent about everything in terms of cost, advance, turn around time(via messages or on website) so that the customer shouldn’t have to constantly follow up on status.

Was planning(and initiated discussions) for an exchange of my car with Virtus but now in two minds due to various factors.

Last edited by rejeen : 10th February 2024 at 09:51.
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2024, 16:07   #93
BHPian

Another week has gone. It has been 4 weeks since the car is parked at the open yard of EVM VW Kochi awaiting the mechanics replacement part to arrive.

The dealership is clueless about the estimated date of part availability and VW customer care forwarded my email to the dealership even after I specifically mentioned that the dealership is also clueless.

Now at the mercy of incompetent VW customer care who doesn’t seem to understand simple English emails or they don’t read.

Is this delay normal for the mechatronics replacement unit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks