Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2007, 07:59   #1
BHPian

Problem with Zen AC - help

Hi,
I've a 2nd hand 2000 carb Zen. Recently after the last servicing i've started having problems with the AC. The AC works fine when the car is moving and is at higher RPM than the idling RPM (say at 20KM/hr and about 1200 RPM) but when i shift to neutral at traffic lights or even when i've to tackle the bumper to bumper kind of traffic and has to apply brake to bring the car to stop the engine stalls. The car has no problem without the AC. My idling RPM is about 750. So please suggest what to check for so that i'm not taken into ride by the service garage.
Thanks,
Arup
Old 5th May 2007, 10:53   #2
Team-BHP Support

check the vacum advance for ac is working or not.
Old 5th May 2007, 11:09   #3

Arup,

I had a similar problem. To add to the problem of stalling at lower speeds, also the car vibrates badly at idling speed.

My recommendations:

1. I gave the car to Maruti authorised showroom for servicing & told them about this problem. It was rectified & now the pick-up is fine. It was to do with the Carburettor cleaning & engine tune-up.

2. Get the AC gas topped up. In case the gas is less, leads to inefficient cooling & one has to run the AC in higher setting.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:09   #4
BHPian

I had a similar problem. This was pin pointed to the AC vacuum pipe getting disconnected from the carburettor. The service center guys resolved by using a piece of binding wire to tie that pipe securely. They told me that it is called the AC diaphragm.

Last edited by mtnrajdeep : 5th May 2007 at 12:11.
Old 5th May 2007, 12:37   #5
BANNED

even i have the same problem while running the ac is ok but when i stop the car or keep the car idle then gets off donno wot to do........mine is diesel zen
Old 5th May 2007, 13:10   #6
BHPian

This happened to me as well. This is because the pipe gets loose over the period of time and slips. You can cut the loose end of the pipe and fit it back on the AC Diaphragm.
Old 5th May 2007, 14:30   #7
BHPian

can I check the vacuum pipe myself? if possible can anybody guide me where it is located?

Arup
Old 5th May 2007, 14:35   #8
BHPian

can i do it myself? if possible can anybody guide me how to and where the vacuum pipe is located?

Arup
Old 5th May 2007, 17:44   #9
Team-BHP Support

its behind the carb (firewall side), there will be tubes curled up down and sideways, inspect if all are attached proper.

again if this is working fine check if the idle adjuster for ac is set correct, similar to regular idle you can turn the fat head screw for ac idle, though its tricky to access with air filter ON

if you are complete novice to carbs then i suggest you learn all this from your mech this time around and then attempt
Old 5th May 2007, 21:14   #10
BHPian

Well! thanks Jaggu. I've found the vacuum tube and indeed it was lying disconnected. I just connected the tube and its working all well again.
Thanks to all of you for the help.

Arup
Old 5th May 2007, 23:13   #11
BANNED

jaggu can u plzz post the pics of that.... mine is diesel zen even i have the same problem while running ac works fine but when the car is idle the ac stops workin...
Old 2nd November 2007, 16:49   #12
BHPian

A good ac mechanic near ashok nagar, chennai?

Im experiencing a similar problem in my 6 months old santro. AC is good in high RPM but it stops blowing cold air when in idle. This has happend just after fitting a BRC LPG kit in my car. I dont no what could have gone wrong. Can anybody suggest a good AC mechanic in Chennai? Better if near Ashok Nagar.
Old 2nd November 2007, 18:12   #13
BHPian

Im having a similar problem >> car getting switched off(gives a jerk when i pedal the clutch and goes off) when lowering gears but was able to switch on again , gave it to the mechanic he said ignition wires loose contact but now also i feel a jerk when i lower the gear.
Zen MPFI 2003 with iridium spark plugs,k & n
this problem existed since a month , i thought it was due to the dirty k & n and so i cleaned it that time itself, but in vain . fuel filter also replaced last week..
is this due to misfire ??
please help guys
Old 2nd November 2007, 22:29   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Hi,
I've a 2nd hand 2000 carb Zen. Recently after the last servicing i've started having problems with the AC. The AC works fine when the car is moving and is at higher RPM than the idling RPM (say at 20KM/hr and about 1200 RPM) but when i shift to neutral at traffic lights or even when i've to tackle the bumper to bumper kind of traffic and has to apply brake to bring the car to stop the engine stalls. The car has no problem without the AC. My idling RPM is about 750. So please suggest what to check for so that i'm not taken into ride by the service garage.
Thanks,
Arup
what you have set idle rpm @750?..coorect Idle setting for a zen is 850RPM without a/c & 900 with a/c on.

get your Idle mixture screw adjusted for correct RPM, make sure that engine is warm, before setting is done & without a/c on. After setting turn a/c on & make sure that, there should ne an increase in idle rpm automatically with a/c on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks