Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 11:39   #31
BHPian

Re: 2021 Hyundai Creta 1.4L DCT | Electronic issues, warnings & gear won't engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
How do you control the speed of creeping then? I do use the brake pedal to modulate how much faster/slower I want to creep.
This is fine if you have a torque converter because the slip is introduced by a fluid coupling and there is nothing to wear out at least from a clutch perspective. Please try not to do this on an AMT/DCT (dry clutch) vehicle. Here the slip is introduced by the friction plates rubbing against each other. Half an hour of this saga and you will see the clutch overheat warning on the panel in both AMT and DCT. So the more you do this, the lesser your clutch life is going to be. A wet clutch DCT is more resistant to this but they are available only in some models like the Porsche PDK. I am unaware if any budget cars come with wet type DCT.

The manufacturers have tried from their end to avoid unnecessary wear through the programming, including Hyundai. We are not allowed to launch with most DCT. If we try to launch, the electronics will override your inputs in 1 second and will bring everything back down. We are not allowed to hold the car on a slope using the clutch. If it detects no motion within 1 second after releasing the brake in D the clutch releases itself and the car will come rolling back whether you like it or not. Same applies for R in the opposite direction. But they can't do any such preventive programming for the creep situations. The variables are simply too many to handle. That's where we as users need to step in based on the situation.

My personal view would be to try as much as possible to avoid switching in and out of creep. Either keep moving at full creep speed or stay stopped. A little bit of predictive driving can help here. Let the gap build up in front and then start moving. It may be practically difficult in cities like Bangalore though, those bikers and ricks
Old 17th June 2021, 11:48   #32
BHPian

Re: 2021 Hyundai Creta 1.4L DCT | Electronic issues, warnings & gear won't engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
This is fine...perspective. Please try not to do this on an AMT/DCT (dry clutch) vehicle. Here the slip is introduced by the friction plates rubbing against each other. Half an hour of this saga and you will see the clutch overheat warning on the panel in both AMT and DCT. So ...those bikers and ricks
Thanks! So in an AMT car when I am driving down a slope without the Manual Mode, and braking to reduce the speed, Am I engaging the clutch too? Then I am screwed!

Also then this might be applicable every time when I reduce the speed. If the gears drop down and change then the clutch must be engaging there every time! Am I missing something or what?
Old 21st June 2021, 09:36   #33

Hello!. I know that your car is fixed now, but this is just an information. If you have an OBD device supplied by your insurance company, keep it plugged out, it can interfere with the vehicle. I had serious battery drain issue due to one, 2 batteries within 3 years.

May your car stay healthy and fast.
Old 26th February 2022, 20:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Sad to hear about your issue. I m going with Creta D AT just for the peace of mind Hyundai provides which now seems to be gone. With the success of Creta the dealers have stopped entertaining customers wanting to buy Creta. The response when I visited them for booking my car wasn't good but just because of a bad experience from dealer I didn't wanted to go with other car.
I have seen a lot of posts in facebook groups and have came across 100+ posts where people were having DCT problems. Hyundai should definitely consider a recall.
Hi Jatin, Just wanted to check with you how is your 1.5 Diesel AT doing? Any dpf issues that you have faced till now?

I really feel sad about the people reporting petrol dct issues. It's the same reason why I booked a Diesel AT Carens instead of petrol dct.

Your inputs on the experience with Diesel AT especially handling of the dpf related issues would help me make a purchase decision.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th February 2022, 15:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achintatri View Post
Hi Jatin, Just wanted to check with you how is your 1.5 Diesel AT doing? Any dpf issues that you have faced till now?
Hello, I have been using D AT Alcazar since July 2021 and my car has only been driven 3000kms till now. I haven’t faced any issues as of now due to these DPF issues only I tend to take out my car for a drive once or twice a week and as now things are opening it will see more road.
No DPF issues in D AT from my side, smooth and fun gearbox.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 23:55   #36
BHPian

Hi Senpran, has the issue resolved by now? What was the resolution?

Most Viewed