Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2021, 23:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
All

I have a MJD Linea - MY 2009, BSIII
Can anyone guide me to the specific OBD device that is compatible with this car, to read / identify fault codes.
You can get an ELM327 OBD scanner and download ABRITES Diagnostics for Fiat/Lancia/Alfa/FCA on your laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I have a VGate OBD adapter and have scanned my XUV for any error codes. I got a U1001 error but there is no warning light and the vehicle performs just like it did on day 1. Is this something I should be worried about?
This error is due to Invalid or Missing Data for Primary Id. The U series ones are based on communication across various modules. Please get your XUV checked at MASS
jithin23 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 15:42   #17
BHPian

Ok so this is one tricky one which i havent been able to solve as yet.

CODE: P0217 in Suzuki SX4 DDIS.
Code this is for is engine coolant temp overheat.
Measures taken so far:
1)Replaced Thermostat assembly along with sensor-Issue Unresolved.
2)Entire cooling system drained and flushed and refilled with fresh coolant with distilled water-Issue Unresolved

Checked with Suzuki diagnostic tool, cooling fan comes on at set temperature and turns off at set temperature. No issue as per MASS in fans as they are working as per temperature.
No coolant boiling etc noticed.Coolant clean with no trace of oil etc.Even radiator and condensor cleaned with commercial degreaser.
MASS says ignore as long as its not causing any other issues.

Cleaned all sensors with electrical contact cleaner etc,including ECM terminals.

ANY Pointers??
Old 18th June 2021, 10:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Even I tried accessing the link today and it works fine on Google Chrome on desktop. Try clearing the browser cache and try again. Hope it helps

Here's a pic. Took this just now
Attachment 2167546
Thank you. Unfortunately that did not work either. I even tried with a completely unused browser, Opera, and cleared all cache and history and cookies, still no happiness.

Yes I realise it probably might work on Chrome. I am afraid that is one browser I am completely against using or downloading. Thanks all the same

Cheers
Old 18th June 2021, 11:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post

Cleaned all sensors with electrical contact cleaner etc,including ECM terminals.

ANY Pointers??
Please try clearing the error from the ECM using the Suzuki diagnostic tool or get it done through MASS and the error will go away. If not, as MASS suggested, you'll need to ignore the error if it's not causing any harm
jithin23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 00:47   #20
BANNED

Here's my contribution, I've always been slaty towards careless car owners so imagine the irony when I got this on my 3 month old Bolero.

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20210702181913.jpg

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-screenshot_2021070214084637.jpg

A week or two after purchase I'd hardwired a Dashcam and other than that haven't really made any worth while changes to make a note of.

The car did run without fail and it did fare fine when left idle for over a month, in fact the car started up just file when my father had warmed her up a couple of weeks ago.

So I'm not really sure if it was the hardwiring or my dad messing up something that caused the battery to run low and return the said error codes.

Anyhow this was a really bad time to know that the so called imported Jumper Cables I've been gifted were worthless for cold cranking a Diesel car.

It just keeps getting better doesn't it? But wait there's more.

I was shutting between TVM-PTA-KLM and in the mix I left my multimeter at TVM whereas the Bolero was parked at Kollam.

But anyways since I had to pick the lady I jump started the Bolero using a very crude method that involves the tyre iron and Jack lever and finally set out to PTA, after the 70kms drive the car effortlessly started up and things were back to normal.

But as seen in the earlier pic, the MIL was still there, so cleared the codes and restarted the car and the MIL went off.

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20210702195450.jpg

So I'm assuming I'm good for now.

As an enthusiast this was mostly fun for me but for a layman this warrants a visit to the ASC which is the least bit convenient considering that the car is fine throwing up MIL's for something as petty as a weak battery.

Cheers A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 12:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help with interpreting what needs to be done for these codes?Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20211004wa0020.jpg

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20211004wa0019.jpg

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20211004wa0018.jpg

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20211004wa0017.jpg

Understanding DTC / OBD2 Codes-img20211004wa0016.jpg

PS. These are for a Tata Indica tcic bs3
Old 4th October 2021, 13:36   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Can anyone help with interpreting what needs to be done for these codes?

PS. These are for a Tata Indica tcic bs3
Sporadic errors mean there is an issue with the voltage these components are receiving. Check the battery and charging system first and then attack these components.
Old 16th January 2022, 19:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

One or more of my rear parking sensor has gone bad and it should have set a code - B186x . My current OBD2 reader/scanner (ScanGuageII) can only read P codes. What should I get so that I am able to read B codes for my car?

PS: The car is a pre-FL scross 1.3 Zeta.
Old 4th April 2022, 16:10   #24
BHPian

The P-0443.

My previous post on this particular code on my Corolla was in June 2021. Come April 2022, and the code is still there.

Today, I disconnected the valve and cleaned it with the Bulldog, and fit it back again. Although a noticed a slight smoothness in idle revs, the code has not gone. Indicates that problem is with the wiring, although cannot see any cuts / chewed up wires too.

What should be checked?

What is the best place to get this sorted?

Toyota
FNG
Electrician?
Old 9th April 2024, 11:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
All

I have a MJD Linea - MY 2009, BSIII
Can anyone guide me to the specific OBD device that is compatible with this car, to read / identify fault codes.
I was able to find one for FCA. It is similar to forscan in functionality and the app site is www.alfaobd.com. Has a lot of potential to tweak with FCA cars including Maserati and Alfa Romeo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks