Clutch pedal sinking-cylinder.jpg  

Clutch pedal sinking-plate1.jpg  

Clutch pedal sinking-plate2.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2021, 11:30   #32
BHPian

Re: Clutch pedal sinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Thank you all for your inputs! Clutch loss is almost as panic inducing as brake loss, so I wish these parts were built better. Hopefully the new plates/cylinder will last at least another 5 years.
Problem is slave cylinder is shared with 1.3 variant. That's y we see a number of slave cylinder failures in 1.6
Old 22nd July 2021, 22:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
the flywheel is okay it seems. So the flywheel stays. I've asked them to go ahead and replace the clutch plates also, don't have enough experience to judge the damage.
I would like to say, I told you so
On a serious note, parts like the flywheel are built to last and will almost never ever require replacement. I can only assume that these are part of the scaremongering tactics of the ASS to influence the gullible.
Old 29th July 2021, 20:59   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I would like to say, I told you so
On a serious note, parts like the flywheel are built to last and will almost never ever require replacement. I can only assume that these are part of the scaremongering tactics of the ASS to influence the gullible.
Flywheel is part of clutch, you need to change it if it's worn out even if it is a solid flywheel. Else you won't get the smooth engagement of a clutch like how it came from the factory.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2021, 23:07   #35
BHPian

I have a Manza (1.3MJD) I had same issue, changed both the master and slave cylinders, the issue was fixed. The slave cylinder sits on top of the gearbox and not inside. So a leaky slave cylinder won't affect my clutch plates.

However in DDIS variants (Maruti diesels) the slave cylinder sits inside the bell housing hence any leak in slave cylinder causes a big bill (clutch gets wet with oil and eventually can cause fire too).

It's easy to check if your car has slave cylinder on or inside the gearbox.
SS80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 00:47   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
I have a Manza (1.3MJD) I had same issue, changed both the master and slave cylinders, the issue was fixed. The slave cylinder sits on top of the gearbox and not inside. So a leaky slave cylinder won't affect my clutch plates.

However in DDIS variants (Maruti diesels) the slave cylinder sits inside the bell housing hence any leak in slave cylinder causes a big bill (clutch gets wet with oil and eventually can cause fire too).

It's easy to check if your car has slave cylinder on or inside the gearbox.
There is considerable difference in clutch pedal action and effort required between external & concentric slave cylinder, you are very unlikely to see external slave cylinder in newer cars, there is no going back.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 10:23   #37
BANNED

Quote:
These are the damaged parts
Do you have the picture of the flywheel? Please share the same if available.

I feel flywheel too would have scouring marks on it. Have you got the car back from MASS?
Old 31st July 2021, 21:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I feel flywheel too would have scouring marks on it. Have you got the car back from MASS?
Yes I've got back the car, but don't have a picture of the flywheel unfortunately. They mentioned it looks fine, so had to take their advise. Hope it stays good.
Old 1st August 2021, 11:57   #39
BHPian

Now I have another problem, there's a pronounced groaning noise (suspect from rear disc brakes) when I do a cold start. This doesn't happen after it has warmed up and running. This hasn't happened before. Could this be related? Or am i just unlucky?
Old 1st August 2021, 12:24   #40
BANNED

Quote:
Now I have another problem, there's a pronounced groaning noise (suspect from rear disc brakes) when I do a cold start. This doesn't happen after it has warmed up and running.
Is the sound originating from the rear of the car?

How have you narrowed it down to the rear discs?
Old 1st August 2021, 12:57   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now I have another problem, there's a pronounced groaning noise (suspect from rear disc brakes) when I do a cold start. This doesn't happen after it has warmed up and running. This hasn't happened before. Could this be related? Or am i just unlucky?
Caliper pins are sticky, may need some grease or replace those pins. Clean the discs with sand paper while you are at it.
Old 21st September 2022, 18:12   #42
BHPian

S-cross has stalled in Dharavi as the clutch has become super loose and I am waiting for the towing van. Wonder what my bill will be. Informative thread though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks