Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2007, 07:23   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomjoe View Post
mileage - city is 9.5-10 kmpl. Is this the same with others?
It depends on how crowded a route you are taking.

My Xeta (Actually my brother in law's, which i have been taking out for long distance drives) gives an average of 12kmpl in city. On the highway mileage is 15 with 100% AC and 16 without AC.

I have not faced any other problems (touch wood) with the Car, but for the present one.
Old 26th May 2007, 23:43   #17
BHPian

i have driven my dad' Xeta on long trips (~ 300 Kms) and then back home the next day (another 300 kms). Have not had any major problem. Did notice some additional noises at speeds above 100 kmph. But had no problem. Mileage i have not checked..but dad says its 10 kmpl within city. He always has the AC on, is a careful driver and would drive in 2nd and 3rd gears mainly within the city. I rev it hard however...
Old 7th June 2007, 23:13   #18
BHPian

Xeta is back at VST Motors - Same problem replicated last weekend. No use changing the Spark Plugs. Adviced the representative at VST to check the ECM. Car will be hooked to computer and analysed.

Will report details on delivery
Old 7th June 2007, 23:16   #19
BHPian

Also have the ECU checked out, Series 27-28 Were to be upgraded to 29 or 30 series.
Old 12th April 2010, 13:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Another problem in my Xeta! - need your help

Got my Xeta's temperature sensor problems fixed and it was running fine, but it has developed a new problem as of yesterday.

When I turn in the key, the display lights up, I wait for like 5 seconds and then crank. Always the engine starts at first crank.

But yesterday and today, I turn the key and nothing happens! It's scary. I hear the cluck sound and there is no crank. If I try like 8 to 10 times, I get lucky and there is a crank, and te engine immediately starts!

Is the battery weak? Or is it some loose contact in ignition?

I'm very worried because I'm driving to Oort day after tonmorrow with my wife. Please help me by giving your opinion. Right now waiting at tAsS center. There is a big queue of people waiting :(

I know what will happen. When the service advisor tries, it will start and he will tell me there is no problem in the car!!!
Old 23rd February 2012, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Re: Indica Xeta woes !!!

Gutted!

I have a Xeta - GLS, bought in 2006, run about 63000 kms over the 5.5 years

Brief history:
From 2011 August - till date
Basic servicing, changed seat covers, headlights changed, new battery installed, new wheels and tyres, fixed steering wheel leakage, changed ECU -Check Engine Light kept coming, car stopped in the middle after 5-20 kms of driving (changed it from Shetty motors, Opera House). total expense incurred so far is in the range of 78k.

Just been to Pune last week - drove pretty well - managed about 300kms at 100-140 kms/ hr.

From the past few days - have been getting a thud - thud sound from the left side (front tyre) immediately after the car moved, the sound never stops.

There has been a lag when I move it in the 4th gear and there is huge (grrrrrr...) sound that comes after the car starts moving as well. I also feel that the car seems to be ducking from the left front side; in other words I feel it sits low on co-passenger side even when i am driving.

Called my local mechanic to sort this out... just cant stand the noises and the fear something will go wrong anytime..asked him to drive, he said it appears to be a small thing - the bearings near the axle have gone that it should be done by evening

Just got a call from the mechanic - shocked me - says that the entire under body panel and metal sheet has rotten and cannot be repaired. Says its not the axle and that the entire underbody work will have to be done. engine will have to be removed, dashboard, steering wheel moved up a ramp and only then I can understand the issue. The same will cost me Rs.20000/-

That is about 1 lacs spent in the last 4 months

Gutted. Is there a solution to this - or is there an option where by the same can be done at a lower price

Hope that someone will be able to help and guide me in this course correction
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Gutted!

From the past few days - have been getting a thud - thud sound from the left side (front tyre) immediately after the car moved, the sound never stops.
Hello Saildrive,

I have an Oct 2006 Indica Xeta GLG 1.4, done 36000+ kms. (Car was not driven for almost 18 months as I was abroad).

I really doubt if the cars underbody can rust in 5.5 years. Please get a second opinion from a different mechanic / service centre before you spend that kind of money.

My dad watered my Indica almost daily for 1.5 years when I was away, and all that rusted was the wheel bearings and brake discs.

My ownership experience with the Xeta:

1) Whenever there has been a problem, I see that the friendly service advisor at TASS will propose an outrageously expensive solution.

2) I will tell them that I need the car for now and will drop in for a service later, and head to the next TASS.

3) I will get a completely different story from the SA in the second TASS.

4) I will check with a few cabbies who drive Indicabs, and they provide a more reasonable explanation and sometimes the solution they propose works

Luckily for me, the check engine lamp has not troubled me.

I must admit I am a little rough on my car, and the car takes the beating well. Due to constant stop and go Bangalore traffic, Clutch has started to shudder.

Severe noise from brakes - gone after changing discs and switching to Bosch brake pads - brakes are awesome now

I have started using 1ml of System G for every litre of petrol - the engine has become really smooth now, but the mileage dropped by 0.5 km - not a bother for me.

AC efficiency has come down, but i haven't recharged the gas from the time I bought the car, so I can't complain.

I had an issue with misfiring and the service advisors were hell bent on changing the spark plugs, and the distributor and coil. I just bought the HT wire from concorde and replaced them myself - and the issue was resolved.

Suspension noise now more audible in the cabin

Apart from the terrible A.S.S, I like the car.

Its like the car is running in spite of the service, not because of it.

Mileage:
10.5 kmpl with AC in city
13.5 to 17 kmpl with AC on highway depending on speed.
Old 10th August 2012, 02:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Gutted!
Just got a call from the mechanic - shocked me - says that the entire under body panel and metal sheet has rotten and cannot be repaired. Says its not the axle and that the entire underbody work will have to be done. engine will have to be removed, dashboard, steering wheel moved up a ramp and only then I can understand the issue. The same will cost me Rs.20000/-
Gutted. Is there a solution to this - or is there an option where by the same can be done at a lower price
Saw this post only now, and I'm curious to know what's happened in the 6 months since that time. Updates might be useful.
Old 23rd August 2023, 01:21   #24
BHPian

My Xeta's engine had conked because of insufficient cooling. After the repairs, I am facing the jerking between 1600 to 2000 rpm in almost all gears. Another issue is that sometimes the idling rpm drops below 600rpm.

My mechanic tried replacing the point-set and Q2 sensor got from another working car and still the problem persists.

I got an OBD2 reader from my friend. Initially it did show up quite a few errors. After erasing the errors, now I get the P0603 (KAM) error.

The car had been getting the CEL almost from when it was new and the TASS could not resolve the same. That disappeared for few days whenever the plugs were replaced. Since, we did not have any issues using the car we did not bother about this.

Repairs had included replacing the plugs, cables, water pump.

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks