Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2021, 13:15   #31
BHPian

Re: VW Goofup : MID only shows speed warning & nothing else at 80 kmph

As many members have pointed out, this is a “feature” rather than a bug and VW will only fix it when India goes through a revolution and start treating customers seriously. We are far-far away from that day. Comes down to education, awareness etc, many factors.
In merc GLA, there is a loud chime at 80kmph which mutes the audio as well. It scared me the first time I drove on the highway. It’s mega annoying and every time you cross 80kmph from 79, it sounds again. At 120 kmph you can kiss your sanity goodbye as this car will drill the chimes inside your head!!
Best option is to get in touch with someone who can remove it through the OBD port tools etc. Don’t worry about warranty. They will never find out nor do they ever go looking. And I feel it will not void warranty even if they find out.
lambodara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 19:42   #32

BS6 Implementation is not done in a clean manner by VW. It appears that users perspective is not considered or thought of. Perhaps the implementation was done in a hurry. The logic of pre-BS6 speed warning indication is not overridden or tweaked when complying with BS6 norms.

Yes I agree to the point that at this speed its not safe to take your head off the road to see the data. Nevertheless I can still see the analog meter. Certain data which is not shown straight forward in the cluster should be allowed. Probably I am expecting the same behavior when I had pre-BS6 Vento.

Over the week I had a chance to be behind the wheel of Aura Turbo. There is one chime if I cross 80KMPH but it was able to provide the real data post that. However in AURA there is no analog meter for speed but only a digital display.
Old 7th August 2021, 10:45   #33

Hi!

I own a GT myself and I found this warning (BS6) Norm very annoying. There were absolutely no way around it. So I approached a friend of mine who is into auto modifications, and he suggested the warning be removed through long coding. He used the OBD Eleven Pro and simply changed the instrument cluster to "Rest of the world". This immediately solved the issue. Although, the mileage indicator now shows "Litres/100kms". But that was actually a small price to pay.

I suggest you visit any of the car modification centres. Call them before going to find out if they have an OBD device for long coding.
trupian88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 21:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

A fellow bhpian has resolved this on his Polo through DrCodeMyVW. I'm given to understand that they do this remotely too.

Alternately, you can search for similar VAG coding folks in your city.
Attached Thumbnails
VW Goofup : MID only shows speed warning & nothing else at 80 kmph-screenshot_20210826213733_instagram.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 26th August 2021 at 21:55.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 22:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
A fellow bhpian has resolved this on his Polo through DrCodeMyVW. I'm given to understand that they do this remotely too.

Alternately, you can search for similar VAG coding folks in your city.

Thanks, I believe that the remote coding is only available for BMW/Mini - any leads on someone who could VAG Coding in Bengaluru preferably in Whitefield/Sarjapur area ?
Old 26th August 2021, 22:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trupian88 View Post
Hi!

I own a GT myself and I found this warning (BS6) Norm very annoying. There were absolutely no way around it. So I approached a friend of mine who is into auto modifications, and he suggested the warning be removed through long coding. He used the OBD Eleven Pro and simply changed the instrument cluster to "Rest of the world". This immediately solved the issue. Although, the mileage indicator now shows "Litres/100kms". But that was actually a small price to pay.

I suggest you visit any of the car modification centres. Call them before going to find out if they have an OBD device for long coding.
You should have changed the location to Japan for the fuel display as well. It will be back to km/l. Or use the Adaptations in Instruments > value for Fuel Economy
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 23:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Thanks, I believe that the remote coding is only available for BMW/Mini - any leads on someone who could VAG Coding in Bengaluru preferably in Whitefield/Sarjapur area ?
Hey Rahul! A friend does remote coding for VAGs too. Have seen him do it on a number of cars.

Here is his profile link : https://instagram.com/drcodemyvw?utm_medium=copy_link Kindly DM and get in touch.
ToyotaFan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 23:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ View Post
Remote coding is available for VAG cars too. DM the same guy. They'll get it done in Bangalore.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 26th August 2021 at 23:59.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks