Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 11:44   #16
BHPian

Hey I Installed it.

With all due regards to all those people who think it dose'nt make a difference. I have it in my filter pipe. Now for the fact, the fan as I observe has given me some amount knock reduction, and the car has become a bit perkey. definately worth 700 bucks. Now i dont know if the charger has far -infrared radiation that ionizes the O2 but i am sure it creates a bit of turbulance in airflow and packs more Air . considering that its on my Maruti 800 .. i definately feel the difference. i could scan and post the brouchure for referance. I am at Bangalore. PS. I dont sell this fan.. I am just a BHPian.

Srini.
1.6 Adventure Sport 2006 ferrari RED.
Maruti 800
Pulsar 150
Old 13th June 2007, 11:17   #17
BHPian

Well, here is part of the brochure.

I am not buying the far-infra red theory and the turbulence theory.

As the freewheeling fan, this could at the best create a lag in the airflow. That is, when you try to accelerate from idle, the fan would offer resistence to air-flow, leading to less air intake and the reverse effect while decelerating.

Two of my friends use this stuff on their Balenos and they seem to be happy with it. So I initiated a discussion with them

Now, their comment is that the acceleration is "smoother". "Smooth" is the key work they used repeatedly.

I think the smooth acceleration they are refering to is due to the lag created by the fan. Due to the delay in air flow, the car now offers a slower take off, which is refered as "Smooth" by my friends. Mind you, these guys are not boy-racers.

Mandovi folks are saying that it works better with Alto and Swift. is it due to short gearings, leading to jerky take off in the hands of novice drivers, which gets smoothened by the fan?

Overall, my take is that it is a product for novice drivers

Experts!!!!
Old 13th June 2007, 11:33   #18
Team-BHP Support

I think if this contraption really increases turbulence and is used in a vehicle with a MAF sensor, the MAF sensor reading will be inaccurate due to turbulance.
As for increasing performance, one way to do so is increase air flow. Unless this fan is powered(like in a turbo) you cannot put a fan in way of air flow and then claim air flow increases.
Old 13th June 2007, 11:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

My two cents:

If such third party devices work the way as claimed, why doesn't the vehicle manufacturer himself doesn't provide this as OEM or with the huge infrastructure available along with a well-equipped R&D system incorporate a similar setup right at the design stage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Well, here is part of the brochure.

I am not buying the far-infra red theory and the turbulence theory.

As the freewheeling fan, this could at the best create a lag in the airflow. That is, when you try to accelerate from idle, the fan would offer resistence to air-flow, leading to less air intake and the reverse effect while decelerating.

Two of my friends use this stuff on their Balenos and they seem to be happy with it. So I initiated a discussion with them

Now, their comment is that the acceleration is "smoother". "Smooth" is the key work they used repeatedly.

I think the smooth acceleration they are refering to is due to the lag created by the fan. Due to the delay in air flow, the car now offers a slower take off, which is refered as "Smooth" by my friends. Mind you, these guys are not boy-racers.

Mandovi folks are saying that it works better with Alto and Swift. is it due to short gearings, leading to jerky take off in the hands of novice drivers, which gets smoothened by the fan?

Overall, my take is that it is a product for novice drivers

Experts!!!!
Old 14th June 2007, 01:10   #20
BHPian

Dude turbonator has been proven hopeless by many people who have used it here. This sounds similar. Won't the fuel map have to be changed to act accordingly? or do they expect the ecm to take car of the air-fuel ratio? wat u guys think?
Old 14th June 2007, 22:49   #21
BHPian

I Still dont get it The Infra Red Part? What is the source of the infra red waves???....
The other concocted story about the turbo fan could seem a wee bit plausable
Old 26th June 2007, 10:23   #22
BHPian

Far-infrared Ray Energized Turbo Fan

Hi Guys,

Today I went to Mandovi motors service center at Wilson Garden for my regular 35k service of my Swift Vxi. The only complaint I had was the fog lamps going bust, which needs a replacement.

Now this guy suggests a new Japanese product named Far-infrared Ray Energized Turbo Fan costing Rs. 850/- with fittings and its supposed to be fitted at the exit end of the Air-Filter (I am not sure what this is called, so please pardon my ignorance). Benefits listed are
- Increased engine Horsepower & torque output
- Swift & smooth acceleration
- Hassle free city driving
- Climb powerfully
- Reduction in exhaust smoke
- Fuel Saving.

I have the brochure with me and will try to scan and put it up. The figures shown says with this turbo fan there will be a improvement in acceleration of atleast 3 car lengths when compared to a normal car without this so called turbo fan, which is exciting.

I am due to go to Coimbatore tomorrow and will get to test it to see if there is any difference as claimed. Do detailed report on this one due from me on Friday 29th June.

PS I am running with a stock replacement filter and have seen pretty good improvement in the low end torque.

Last edited by anarchist : 26th June 2007 at 10:24.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:32   #23
Team-BHP Support

Killer name... but sounds a lot like these things >

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...r-twister.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...hing-real.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...787-surbo.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...what-sudo.html

That should help you reach a better understanding of the situation!
cya
R
Old 26th June 2007, 10:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Mandovi's latest gimmick??

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...r-booster.html
Old 26th June 2007, 11:13   #25
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Threads merged, please use search function before posting
Old 26th June 2007, 11:26   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Now this guy suggests a new Japanese product named Far-infrared Ray Energized Turbo Fan costing Rs. 850/- with fittings and its supposed to be fitted at the exit end of the Air-Filter (I am not sure what this is called, so please pardon my ignorance). Benefits listed are
- Increased engine Horsepower & torque output
- Swift & smooth acceleration
- Hassle free city driving
- Climb powerfully
- Reduction in exhaust smoke
- Fuel Saving.

I am due to go to Coimbatore tomorrow and will get to test it to see if there is any difference as claimed. Do detailed report on this one due from me on Friday 29th June.
Well I can tell you this much for sure, this device is as much Japanese as Me & You! I bet it's made in either China or Taiwan no matter what it says on the box.

You know they're in trouble when one of the benefits listed is "Climb Powerfully!!" And one last thing, if your Petrol VXi is giving out smoke which this device will lessen, I suggest the problem is somewhere else I don't see how that feature is helpful on Petrol cars!

I hope you haven't bought it, have you?
Old 26th June 2007, 11:58   #27
BHPian

Well I have already asked the service technician to fit it on during the service today and test it out on tomorrow and the day after, will get it removed if its causes any probs, well I thought Rs. 850/- is not much to try this out and so gave a go ahead. I have no probs with my exhaust smoke though . I hope there will some marginal gain one way or the other thats about it....

I guess I can still call and ask that guy to do away with this contraption, do you think I shd do that? or try it out?
Old 26th June 2007, 14:02   #28
BHPian

A similar product is offered by a cochin firm, they claimed that it is manufactured in korea.
Old 2nd July 2007, 22:40   #29
Senior - BHPian

Any updates?
<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
- Climb powerfully
hope not like a helicopter

IMO if you fit a 12V computer case fan in the airfilter opening it will give you more air and turbulence than this thing ever can,but i dont think it will boost your performance.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 2nd July 2007 at 23:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks