Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 02:46   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
lol dyno run for a product worth 850 bucks LOL! you know what lets all study on modern windmills for vehicles.(while listening to BLACK HOLE SUN) on the radio!
nitroxx dude..
even worse ..think of this - What will you answer when the people at the dyno ask while strapping you on - "What u got under the hood ? "
(while listening to ratamahatta on the radio)

Last edited by chetanhanda : 16th October 2007 at 02:48.
Old 16th October 2007, 08:16   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
An absolute figure of 15 BHP means nothing.
What you need to see is this 15BHP is a % of what ?
If you check their website they are not offering 15 bhp absolute. They say up to 15 bhp improvement, depending on engine and already implemented mods. And when you go to the product selector you realize that typical gains are much smaller and they are quoted as percentages of the concerned engine's rated power.
Other point to note is that prices start at USD 300/- and go up to very impressive values by the time you are at the super .e..RAM!
Old 16th October 2007, 09:41   #93
BWN
BHPian

Quote:

seems you didnt understand a single word about the intake runners and fuel injector location.
What turbulence ? the fuel gets injected downstream much later on in the system.

ok, lets assume power has gone up for the sake of this argument, but please answer some of my questions:
1] Is this your 1st mod ?
2] What other mods have you done till now ?
3] Did you previously own a car with MPFI engine or Carb ?
Mate....for record... i am able to understand whatever you have mentioned in your earlier posts.I am talking about the turbulence in air inlet and not about the fuel injected.It seems you are lost somewhere, and i am literate enough to work on fuel injection mechanisms of jet engines..........

1.My car is stock and this is the only mod(so called) I have on my car.
2.No other mods done untill now.
3.I have driven solex carb padmini's,800's,mpfi santro,mpfi gypsy and now a baleno.

Now since you have a pic of this device, i request you to apply your knowledge and let us know wheather the results reported by the owners are correct and if yes, then how ?
Old 16th October 2007, 09:52   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Mate....for record... i am able to understand whatever you have mentioned in your earlier posts.I am talking about the turbulence in air inlet and not about the fuel injected.It seems you are lost somewhere, and i am literate enough to work on fuel injection mechanisms of jet engines..........

1.My car is stock and this is the only mod(so called) I have on my car.
2.No other mods done untill now.
3.I have driven solex carb padmini's,800's,mpfi santro,mpfi gypsy and now a baleno.

Now since you have a pic of this device, i request you to apply your knowledge and let us know wheather the results reported by the owners are correct and if yes, then how ?
Ok, I'll come right to the point.
seems you still dont understand head or tail since u are still asking how the turbulence is going to help.
Have u looked at an intake plenum with a single throttlebody ever in your life ? It has individual runners leading to the cylinders, the injectors sit in these runners. Any freaking turbulence created by this device will not affect the air fuel mix.
The freakin problem with you is that you dont understand..

Im not wasting any more time on this thread.

Mods note: Post edited. Do not be a part of board discussion if you cannot control your language. If you know enough about this subject then take time to explain and educate others.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 16th October 2007 at 10:51.
chetanhanda is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th October 2007, 11:50   #95
BHPian

Quote:
The freakin problem with you is that you dont understand..
Can you please educate all of us, Chetanhanda? We would like to learn more and gain knowledge from you.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:47   #96
BWN
BHPian

Guys... let us carry on with the discussion about the product stated in the title of this thread and try to see how many fellow bhp'ians are using it and their experiences.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:49   #97
Team-BHP Support

BWN, you don't really need a dyno to test the product objectively.
find a wide empty road and see how much time your car needs to do 50-80kmph in fifth gear.
Try with and without fan.
Make sure you don't compete with friends car, just try same car with and without fan.
Old 16th October 2007, 12:54   #98
Senior - BHPian

And let's also clarify one more point:
Some modifications might simply be giving me a 'feel-good' factor. Are those illegal or outlawed?!!
Old 16th October 2007, 13:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWN View Post
Guys... let us carry on with the discussion about the product stated in the title of this thread and try to see how many fellow bhp'ians are using it and their experiences.
I have written my view on this thread much before. I still do not believe in the theories rolled out by the vendor. At the same time I have not seen a negative comment from anyone who is using this product either.

I do not think all those who are using this product are Dummies. And I also don't think anyone could claim BHP gain. Most comments I heard, first hand, are about "Smoother acceleration".

Now, could the gurus figure out an explanation using their brain- than their mouth?
Old 16th October 2007, 13:08   #100
BWN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I have written my view on this thread much before. I still do not believe in the theories rolled out by the vendor. At the same time I have not seen a negative comment from anyone who is using this product either.

I do not think all those who are using this product are Dummies. And I also don't think anyone could claim BHP gain. Most comments I heard, first hand, are about "Smoother acceleration".

Now, could the gurus figure out an explanation using their brain- than their mouth?
Well said mate...... spot on
Old 16th October 2007, 13:14   #101
Senior - BHPian

I'm still googling to find out what farIR rays in the said frequency range do enhance performance in a car. Maybe nothing? Has anyone hit any good sites?
Old 16th October 2007, 13:21   #102
BWN
BHPian

Fuel filter with fuel-activating function - Patent 20050199541
Fuel atomizing device - Patent 5964205
(WO/2001/038717) METHOD OF INCREASING ENGINE COMBUSTION EFFICIENCY AND ACTIVATING AGENT USED FOR IT

these are the links i got from googling.All these are some patent related things but the physics behind Far IR activation is not clear.
Old 16th October 2007, 17:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Chetan, its written on the site about 15bhp, i have no car in mind, they company wrote it they should know better.

And i willt test this product on my car and then only say, till then i wont brag whether its positive or negative.
Old 19th October 2007, 01:23   #104
BHPian

Check this out AutoSpeed - The Twin Turbo Zet
Old 20th October 2007, 03:54   #105
BHPian

Cant help it, just cant stop myself from posting again on this thread..

WhiteKnight : Great, that you dont believe in the infra red theory, I also dont believe it,
I have posted in detail again and again in a loop so many times in this thread about why I think (a)vortex generator is a scam for the MPFI systems we are discussing about (b)Infra red fan decreases air flow and should be removed. and (c)electric superchargers are a even more pathetic scam
None of the people who have opposing views replied to my post with a technical reason to prove it wrong,they should not dodge the facts - basically prove that vortex generators,suffocating infra red platic fans and electric superchargers are a genuine performance enhancing mod.

Busa : Of course the company knows better,they are the ones running the scam, but does that stop us from using our brains and a little bit of our knowledge and asking "15 BHP" is a % of what. Its just a question for us to think about, Im not literally asking you to give me the absolute numbers. The link posted by Rohan about superchargers explains exactly what Im saying - You need a supercharger/turbo to generate cfm to actually increase the VE, so I hope this puts to rest any doubts about electrical superchargers.
Dude do you really have to test this electric supercharger product in order to come to a decision? and what do you mean brag ?
looking at you signature "Those Who Say There is No Replacement for Displacement, Dont Know What a Turbocharger Means" - I was under the impression it would be easier for you to understand the problem with "electric sperchargers"

BWN : you are really convinced about the magic of Infra-red as you are the biggest fan of this product.
far-infra is something used in sauna's or something, check out this link
The Wolfe Clinic - Frequently Asked Questions
Im just putting an extract from that website over here
"Electromagnetic waves between visible light and the microwave are called infrared waves. The wavelength of infrared waves range from 0.76 micron to 1,000 microns; this range is further subdivided into the ranges of Near, Medium, and Far-Infrared Rays with following wavelength: 0.76 to 1.5microns; 1.5 to 4 microns; and 4 to 1,000 microns respectively.
Far Infrared Rays are thermal. In other words, we experience this type of infrared radiation every day in the form of heat"
So after reading that lets assume "Far infra" red heats up the air :

gopz : Dude its funny if you think u are pulling my leg.

Rohan : Excellent find, dude seems you are the only one on the same page as me.

anupmathur : a "feel good" mod is not illegal or unlawful, its what you categorize as "feel good" mod creates the confusion.

tsk1979 : You are a moderator, why dont you provide some actual input instead of asking them to go and test it out, they have already done that and apparently this has worked great for them.

Rudra Sen : ok ..

Last edited by chetanhanda : 20th October 2007 at 03:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks