Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:36   #76
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well I just got my headlamps changed under warranty. They had some manufacturing defect and were cracking. And there was no charge even for labour.

Its nice to know that the showroom has agreed to repair it though the warranty has expired. But do enquire what else you might have to pay for. Like labour, head gasket etc.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

Samurai , please take ur cam and get pics .. looking at internal mechanicals every one likes it .
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:28   #78
Team-BHP Support

I was just checking some old threads and noticed this post from my Baleno Test drive thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...html#post70872

Quote:
I wonder how mine came to 6.5L, got to check the details tomorrow. It did include free insurance and 3rd year extended warranty. I am taking Euro III. Maruti was offering MP3 player until March end, not anymore. I'll ask anyway.
Here I am saying 3rd year extended warranty is included. How do I look up this information? What is included in 3rd year warranty?
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:34   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Here I am saying 3rd year extended warranty is included. How do I look up this information? What is included in 3rd year warranty?
There is a book that you get for extended warranty. Much like your owner's manual but much much thinner. With a coupon filled with all the necessary details like owners name, engine and chassi number etc.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:44   #80
Team-BHP Support

I don't recall any such book, that's not something one would throw away. Is there any other way to look up whether I have 3rd year warranty? The price I paid included the 3rd year warranty, at least that's what my two year old post says. I am not the kind who would say no to extra warranty. I have taken 4th year warranty on my Santro.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:50   #81
Team-BHP Support

Yup the booklet is actually sent to you by mail after a month or so. Either to your house or to your dealer.

Also the booking invoice or the bill should have 3rd year warranty mentioned on it.
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:52   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I don't recall any such book, that's not something one would throw away. Is there any other way to look up whether I have 3rd year warranty? The price I paid included the 3rd year warranty, at least that's what my two year old post says. I am not the kind who would say no to extra warranty. I have taken 4th year warranty on my Santro.

Hmmm..weird..when you pay for extended warranty you do get a small booklet like what MCL told.

Do you still have the invoice copy of the vehicle and all paperwork that they give during delivery??

In that there will be an Invoice copy which has all details of extra accessories taken or installed by manufacturer.. This also contains a mention of the extended warranty..( the dealer calls it a checklist of things provided before delivery of vehicle. and i am sure that you will have a copy)

If nothing else is found.. go back to the dealer.. They keep a copy of all records.. and tell them that you have misplaced your extended warranty booklet. They will check records and issue a new one after a few days.
I got mine back for the esteem..had lost it previously.

Godfather
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:53   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yup the booklet is actually sent to you by mail after a month or so. Either to your house or to your dealer.
maybe Mitsubishi sends it after a month.. maruti you get it with the delivery. .

Godfather
Old 22nd May 2007, 23:54   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
maybe Mitsubishi sends it after a month.. maruti you get it with the delivery. .

Godfather
lol!! I have an alto also yaar. plus took delivery of my friends Zen Estilo a month back and he just got it now.
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
lol!! I have an alto also yaar. plus took delivery of my friends Zen Estilo a month back and he just got it now.

thats weird.. I got my booklet with the car...

Godfather
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:06   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
thats weird.. I got my booklet with the car...

Godfather
As did I - at the time of delivery and handing over the keys itself
Old 23rd May 2007, 00:11   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
As did I - at the time of delivery and handing over the keys itself
Dittttooooo........ Samurai, like sumit said why dont you go back to the showroom and request them for a new booklet saying you lost your's. If not its time to hunt the house down.
Old 23rd May 2007, 06:25   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
There is a book that you get for extended warranty. Much like your owner's manual but much much thinner. With a coupon filled with all the necessary details like owners name, engine and chassi number etc.
Yes, I too have an extended warranty...The thin book came about a month later and was posted directly in my RC book address. Both the books are permanently placed in the car glove box.

I suggest u check out with your dealer.
Abhi
Old 23rd May 2007, 07:26   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Dittttooooo........ Samurai, like sumit said why dont you go back to the showroom and request them for a new booklet saying you lost your's. If not its time to hunt the house down.
The original dealer Bimal is in Bangalore and I am not. Also, I moved between houses since then, hunting won't help. I'll try calling Bimal.
Old 23rd May 2007, 10:34   #90
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Samurai

As long as you have the invoice indicating a charge for extended warranty, you are safe. Sometimes, the books are sent out after delivery......and someone in the supply chain forgets.

Most Viewed