Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 02:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

What are these buttons meant for ?

I happened to notice this panel of buttons (click on the above link) on the driver side door on a number of cars. I presume it to be a security system which works on a four digit number code, which if keyed in correctly unlocks the door. This is only my assumption and I am not sure if am right on this one. This has been a question that I have asked myself many times in the recent past. So, I decided to click a snap and seek the opinion of the experts here. Thanks guys !

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1643/img0396sm7.jpg

Mods: Please move this to the appropriate section if deemed necessary.
Old 14th May 2007, 03:24   #2
BHPian

Yea this is a Keyless Entry Pad.
Keyless entry pad transmits a radio signal the same as your factory remote to unlock your vehicle's doors. You can even program your own secret code to unlock your vehicle. Keyless pad adheres to vehicle and is removable without damaging vehicle. The pad can be attached anywhere on your vehicle. For this product to work, your vehicle must be equipped with factory installed remotes.

Source
Old 14th May 2007, 03:45   #3
BHPian

its an entry security pad.rather common abroad.
Old 14th May 2007, 06:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitbagai View Post
Yea this is a Keyless Entry Pad.
Keyless entry pad transmits a radio signal the same as your factory remote to unlock your vehicle's doors. You can even program your own secret code to unlock your vehicle. Keyless pad adheres to vehicle and is removable without damaging vehicle. The pad can be attached anywhere on your vehicle. For this product to work, your vehicle must be equipped with factory installed remotes.

Source
Thanks a bunch for the insight. Are these popular in India and where can one find any dealers/distributors that sell/install the same ?
Old 14th May 2007, 15:22   #5
BHPian

I dont think we can find this in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks