Amaron 239 77.10%
SF Sonic 13 4.19%
Exide 58 18.71%
Voters: 310. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 20:13   #46
BHPian

Re: The 2021 Battery Thread | Amaron vs SF Sonic vs Exide

Original Exide lasted 3-4 years, but a local FNG guy recommended Amaron. The first Amaron lasted 7 plus years and next 6 plus years. By the way my Baleno (sedan) was left idle for 2-3 months many times, whilst I was away sailing. Still no problem with starting. Even when they finally died it was after enough warning. Have blind faith in Amaron batteries now.
sukhbirST is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 20:28   #47
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted Amaron and I'm not surprised about the overwhelming response in favour of the brand here in this poll. During the past few years, I've stuck with Amaron just because my experiences have been positive each time for both our cars and my scooter as well. Each of the Amaron car batteries has lasted 5+ years which itself is not very common these days.

My scooter came with an Exide OEM/stock battery that failed after 2-3 years and I replaced that with an Amaron that gave up after little more than a year, a few months after the first lockdown in 2020. This was replaced free of cost and I've not had any problems after that.

Last edited by NPV : 11th August 2021 at 20:29.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:08   #48
BHPian

I'd say go for anything but Exide.
Don't make the mistake of going for Exide please. It'll hardly last 2.5 years. I got. mine replaced with a new one under warranty and I had to pay around 2k (differential amount) and even that new battery couldnt last long.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 22:48   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

A former Exide fan. At least till 2017. So hear me out.

I voted Amaron based on my very first set of 2 batteries, a DIN55 and 55B24LS that were purchased in June & Jul 2017. They are now over 4 years old, have been resurrected from the "dead" more times than I can remember and they came back to life without grumbling. Most recently in June '21. A record for my Toyota was 7 month break. Opened the door, inserted the key into the ignition and started the vehicle. The engine turned over slowly twice, ignited, hesitated at idle and picked up (stale fuel in the pipes and injectors) and settled down to a rock steady idle. Yeah, the battery actually cranked the engine after all this tune. I was also pleased to bits with my trusted car. IMO my Exide(s) required replacement at the 3-4 year old mark.

Last edited by R2D2 : 11th August 2021 at 22:49.
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 23:12   #50
BHPian

Go with Amaron, first one lasted 7 years and even then didn’t die completely, was replaced as crank had become long and didn’t want to stress my alternator. Replaced in 2018 with the same Amaron Pro (60 months warranty) and it’s been flawless since then. Exide has also been doing well in my other car but it’s only 3 years old so cant comment about longevity yet. As with any flooded lead acid battery, keep an eye on water levels and top up with deionised water as and when needed.
Old 12th August 2021, 00:08   #51
rkw
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Please only vote if you have used the brand and have first hand info.
I have used both Amaron & Exide. But have found Amaron to be more durable.
rkw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 08:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Automotive - Amaron (has lasted me 6+ years).

Home inverter - Exide 9 years, Amaron ~5 years.

Voted Amaron as this poll is car specific.
The is good point.

For home inverter i would use Exide (tall tubular) i have no complains.

Exide for automotive, not too happy.
Old 12th August 2021, 10:08   #53
BHPian

Voted for Amaron (Green). Honestly wasn't even aware that Amaron comes in black also.

Have extensively used Amaron since 2012 - first in my Swift and now in my Verna. The stock Amaron in the Swift lasted for 4 years and was replaced with another one before I sold it off. The stock Amaron in my Verna lasted for 3 years and would have surely gone on to live for another year at least (it died because of the lockdown).

All the said Amarons were used everyday and never gave cause for any concern.
Old 12th August 2021, 11:58   #54
BHPian

I have used both Exide and Amaron and would go with Amaron. On my ANHC the battery had gone dead after 3 years and a replacement Amaron gave no reason to complain for 5+years. On my current ride, Compass the OEM battery went dead in exactly 2 years. I replaced it with Exide and it went dead during COVID 2nd wave lockdown - the car was regularly getting driven till then so it came as a surprise. It was only about 2 years since replacement. Due to the lockdown Exide took a month to send a new replacement but gave me a stand-by for the period. I hope this one lasts longer, if not then I'm surely going with Amaron for next change.
Old 12th August 2021, 12:30   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

So I realized just now that SF Sonic is just a brand name that is also manufactured by Exide Industries, after Exide acquired Standard Batteries in 1998 (SF in SF Sonic stands for Standard Furukawa). Therefore, this thread is a vote between Amaron & Exide only.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 13:26   #56
BHPian

Been an Amaron guy since the past 2 odd decades. Have had them on all my vehicles past and present. They really have been damn good. Always went for the max warranty variants. In fact on our City, the battery lasted 6 years before cooking off this year. My dealer experience also has been pleasant.

Lasts long, really long indeed. Go for it!
Old 12th August 2021, 15:57   #57
BHPian

I recently got the third Exide battery for my Jazz this July. The first battery lasted 4 years 8 months. And my second one (which replaced the OEM), bought in September 2014, was replaced in July 2021 only. Even then it wasn’t completely dead. So it lasted for 6 years 10 months! I feel that if it had not been for the lockdown, when I hardly drove the car, it would have perhaps lasted even more. All have been virtually maintenance free. The new one cost me Rs 3200/- and came with a 55 months cover (30 FOC+ 25 pro rata). So I am absolutely satisfied with Exide and did not even consider any other brand while looking for a replacement.
Old 13th August 2021, 08:10   #58
BHPian

I have always been a fan of Amaron. Their ads (especially the animated ones) used to be crazy super. Their batteries at least I have had experience with (based on my driving and handling quality) have truly "lasted longer" (better than Exide since I have not used SF much and I believe SF is the cheaper subsidiary of Exide, its fair to not put into comparison).

And yea, voted for Amaron. "Lasts long, really long"
Old 20th August 2021, 17:38   #59
BHPian

As incredible as it may sound, the OEM Amaron in my 2012 manufactured Dzire died in July 2021. That means it lasted without ANY issue whatsoever for 9 years! And till the day it died, my car always cranked on the first attempt. No points for guessing which brand I went for as the replacement.
Hats off to Amaron!
Old 30th August 2021, 17:11   #60
BHPian

I'll say both Exide and Amaron are good to go. Amaron and Exide(Present One) have both done duties for almost 5yrs each in my 2010 Swift Dzire and Exide is the battery on my Enfield. Don't know about SF Sonic since I have not used it, but can surely say that the other 2 brands are good too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks