Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 08:02   #1

Knocking in Baleno

Guys

I own a 2004 Baleno Vxi(amazing Car I must add) which i have run 32000 kms with no issues at all.Off late while driving in the city or the highway aftrer half an hour of drive the engine kinda seizes up and acts weird, the dangerous orange light in the instrumentation panel lights up

The first time it happened i rushed to the ABT garage in Coimbatore and before I could enter the orange indicator(engine warning) light just switched off by itself.The maruti guys had the car and came up with the idea that the speed fuel may be the problem and asked me to use regular fuel .

Its been 3 months nowe and the orange light in the dash comes on and goes off by itself during the times which the engine seems to be choking up

Any advices guys
Old 15th May 2007, 10:44   #2
Team-BHP Support

get the car to dealer get him in the car and show him the symptoms if this can be replicated, with a slightly longer drive or something, if dealer is not receptive get it over to the next best dealer that you trust.

check cooling system (what was temp guage reading when this happened), fuel lines and filter get them checked thoroughly, hows the engine oil and lubrication stat??
Old 15th May 2007, 10:50   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Does the temperature needle go up ?? Is the radiator fan working ?? Do you notice white smoke from the exhaust ?? Check if all the sensors are mounted properly .. A loose contact might throw up the MIL ..
Old 15th May 2007, 21:19   #4

thanks for the reply guys

the temperature gauge stays in the middle no overheating

no white exhaust

engine oil is good dropped in another MUL dealer he says the same complaint about SPEED petrol?

looking for more suggestions guys

thanks
Old 16th May 2007, 02:35   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaprabhu View Post
Guys

Off late while driving in the city or the highway aftrer half an hour of drive the engine kinda seizes up and acts weird, the dangerous orange light in the instrumentation panel lights up
This could be the ignition coil.I had posted this yesterday in Samurai's thread relating to his Baleno's problems.But his car's symptoms were a bit different.

This is what I had posted on that thread -
'A similar thing happened to my car recently. The injector malfunction lamp would come on.The car was losing all its power and it felt as if the engine was running on just 3 cylinders.

This problem crops up intermittently and only after driving for a while.'

Is the problem similar in your case?
Old 16th May 2007, 07:49   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Dont know how speed petrol will affect things ?? I have been using it for quite a while now and I dont see whats the point these guys are trying to make .. Unless they are out to take you for a ride .. I suggest you get the car checked by a good private mech then ..

PM psycho , he surely will be able to help ..
Old 16th May 2007, 08:05   #7

Roms

Thats pretty much my problem

dont know how to tackle this ???
Old 16th May 2007, 11:17   #8
BHPian

If the problem indeed is the ignition coil, it wont cost you much.I got my Palio's ignition coil replaced at the authorised service centre for around 1700 bucks + 200 for labour.And it does'nt take much time or labour to replace.After the replacement,my car's been running fine.Most probably it is the ignition coil in your case,but do get the car checked by a good mechanic for any other possibilities.
Old 22nd May 2007, 20:54   #9

Close the thread friends i traded my baleno for a SWIFT ZXI

Old 23rd May 2007, 10:39   #10
Team-BHP Support

Thats quite an interesting way to solve the problem.
Old 23rd May 2007, 14:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

lol.. yea that was kinda abrupt!
@mariaprabhu, any reasons, other than the warning light why you made the switch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks