Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 11:50   #346
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul9229 View Post
THIRD EPC ERROR , THIS TIME WITH ROBUST PUMP

For the first time , I am actually regretting my decision of not buying the unsafe and boat like handling seltos or creta and getting this safe car that handles well. I just hope they make my car fit for road, I am definitely going to sell it off soon and get any other car that's not of the skoda-vw family because I have had more than my share of trouble with this car in the past 30 days. I also request everyone reading this to stay away from this groups cars and request your friends and family the same as they have lost the skill to make reliable cars anymore.
Quoting your post for the sake of it. First owners of Kushaq are facing issues with their new car since first week of the ownership. Here's my advice no one asked for - sell off your kushaq at the first opportunity you get. You'll suffer monetary loss sure, but it'll be nothing compared to the agony your "new car" is giving you. A new car is supposed to bring smile to your face, not frown.
Off topic - it's about time kushaq should be branded as a lemon car.
Akshay6988 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:06   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
My points exactly.
I was counting on the India 2.0 strategy from the group. Always expected niggles but these breakdowns and lack of a root cause and solution make me feel a bit sceptical about their future. Hope they sort it out soon.

But what concerns me further is those falling off cabin lights. Not a major issue but this shows the lack of quality control in fittings and in essence putting the car together.
This is not what you expect from any car in 2021 let alone a Skoda/VW.
I'll probably never buy a VW car but I'm praying like hell that they sort these problems out and are successful. Don't want our automobile sector to go the telecom way.
wilful is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:11   #348
BHPian

It is embarrassing to read all the troubles. How does a car company who owns Bugatti, Lamborghini, Bentley, Audi, Porsche, Ducati etc cannot even able to produce a basic and reliable crossover?

Last edited by amvj : 30th September 2021 at 12:15.
amvj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:19   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
reliable
Probably, the single reason why the Tin cans rule the roost?

Skoda India,
Clearly shying away from the fact that you are still struggling to arrive at the root cause of this problem is pathetic. No wonder why you haven't announced an official recall yet.

Last edited by eccentric : 30th September 2021 at 12:39.
eccentric is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:44   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
'It's India-specific because it won't sell anywhere else, and/or get our pants sued off us'.
So true.

- Would they even dare hinting that the quality of fuel was bad in certain regions, they would be immediately sued by the oil companies for defamation.
- With pics of drooping cabin lights they would've immediately initiated a campaign to apologize, correct and compensate the buyers.
- On the EPC issue, the lawsuits would've put an end to their profit projections for the next 5 years at least.

We are very adjusting as a country and culture but we should realize when adjustments turn into compromises.
We need a strong customer protection bill and enforcement but since that's not in our hands we can only speak through our Cheque/Czech books. Pun Intended
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:14   #351
Team-BHP Support

Zac Hollis' reaction to the Team Bhp article on BHPian Rahul9229 ordeal - He maintains the stand that the new "robust fuel pumps" are not failing and the EPC issue could mean something else for the dealer to trouble shoot.

The new trend - it looks like you ask him about the car and he replies about the new fuel pump (not just this example, can see multiple such replies in the last two days). Frankly, I don't see why a customer should care!

Customers bought the car for 20 lakhs, not the fuel pump!

Skoda Kushaq breakdowns & problems-screenshot_20210930140359_twitter.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:42   #352
BHPian

Who cares about the EPC error and owners getting stranded in the middle of the road! Aren't we getting 'robust' replies from Zac? What do you want more than that?

Owner's like Rahul who had spent a good 15-20L of their hard earned money and received a lemon, while the manufacturer itself has no clue on a fix, appalling! Can't imagine the trauma and embarrassment faced by the owners.
ASP007 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:43   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Zac Hollis' reaction to the Team Bhp article on BHPian Rahul9229 ordeal - He maintains the stand that the new "robust fuel pumps" are not failing and the EPC issue could mean something else for the dealer to trouble shoot.

The new trend - it looks like you ask him about the car and he replies about the new fuel pump (not just this example, can see multiple such replies in the last two days). Frankly, I don't see why a customer should care!

This is very unfortunate because the first step towards resolving a problem is acknowledging that you have a problem. Sadly they choose to remain in denial (fearing adverse publicity perhaps). It will only worsen matters.
wilful is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:58   #354
BHPian

Don't know if it makes sense, but why can't the owners file a class action lawsuit against Volkswagen India group? 15-20 Lakhs is definitely not a laughing matter if you're getting a lemon for that price. Any lawyers here who can enlighten us all?
mav3r1ckblu3 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:34   #355
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This is so true. Actually i have never seen the so called robustness of the VAG group cars. There are other german car companies that I adore and even some VAG cars for that matter. I feel like the Skodas and Volkswagens are just inferior quality cars made for India like all manufacturers. But an issue on such a scale is absolutely unacceptable. These threads are making me reconsider even the slightest thought in my mind to get a car from VAG group. I was hoping that the kushaq will redefine that segment, but no it proved otherwise. I could only imagine the trauma you are going through after paying a pretty significant amount of hard earned cash on a car. This simply shows the lack of proper testing on Indian conditions. No one expects their NEW car to breakdown once mid trip, but that happening frequently! That is nothing short of unacceptable.
Old 30th September 2021, 15:43   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Attachment 2213520
route cause?
Either Mr.Zac Hollis didn't tweet that or someone with poor English is 'managing' his twitter account (which will be concerning since we don't know if the opinions are really of the Top Boss).

Last edited by WindRide : 30th September 2021 at 15:44.
WindRide is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:07   #357
BHPian

I have been observing the amount of cases coming in since quite a few days and I get a feeling that Skoda knew about these issues and that they were going to occur before launching the car but they decided to take a gamble on it to prevent further investment and to meet the deadlines and now the plan has backfired. It is simply not acceptable for failures like these to be so common in a 20 lakh rupee car and Skoda should be embarassed about the situation that has risen.

As GTO said, if other brands can run their cars perfectly fine on their "localised" fuel pumps then why can't Skoda? Did they not test the mules on local fuel?

Skoda needs to give an answer fast and along with it a solid compensation to the current owners who are facing the issues and having to leave behind their shiny new 2 million rupees worth cars in the service centre or see them on a flatbed.
porsche_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:38   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Don't know if it makes sense, but why can't the owners file a class action lawsuit against Volkswagen India group? 15-20 Lakhs is definitely not a laughing matter if you're getting a lemon for that price. Any lawyers here who can enlighten us all?
Yes, it can be done. The affected persons as a class can approach consumer forums if they want to. In my opinion the chances of success are also high as multiple breakdowns of the same car are reported even after replacements , which means the product is defective for the primary purpose of transportation.
adventureseeker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:03   #359
BHPian

Threads like these should be the answer to those people who go to "Ford quitting India" thread and complain that Indian consumers suffer from herd mentality or blame the Government.
Word has been spread in the market that Kushaq suffers from this issue, this puts potential buyers at fence and at the end they go with the tried and tested Creta, Seltos or Harrier. Quality niggles with interiors can be dealt with in first gen products, but engine failures that leave you stranded are unacceptable.
Don't understand what products do they test under the camo that don't produce such issues.
officer416 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:24   #360
BHPian

As saying goes,it is easy to pinpoint a problem, very hard to find root cause and easy to solve it.
But i think, the problem looks more deep than just fuel quality issue. Usually TSI engines are more sensitive to fuel quality issues.
In europe and other developed countries, fuel quality is really not issue. But in India it is. Generally i felt MPI engines are far superior in terms of robustness when compared to TSI/GDI engines, unless well engineered for indian conditions.

Very important, VW finds the root cause and addresses the root cause and not by replacing fuel pump without understanding depth of problem.

Most Viewed