Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 01:48   #46
Team-BHP Support

Please see this thread for some details (and search for "paint" in thread titles only for more)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...lear-coat.html

cya
R
Old 26th May 2008, 12:18   #47
BHPian

Bangalore: Where can I get a good Paint Job for Opel Astra

Hi Friends,
I have a 2002 Opel Astra Advantage (silver colour). As usual, over a period of time it has got a few scratches and dings. Overall it still looks neat but I am itching a bit to get a few of them fixed. The problem is, I dont want to give it to the GM showroom for doing the job as I am afraid they may charge exorbitant prices. Since there are no major dents so I feel a good local guy can do it. However I am afraid if they can match the original paint finish which is still prevailing on my car and so to say is amazing to look at. The local guy I know claims it can be done exactly the original way as all the paints are mixed using computerised machinery and that gives you the exact paint that your original car has. I am not sure about his claim...I need suggestions from you guys. Do you have any experience in this regard. Can we actually get the original paint finish even from a local (but good) painter ?
For your reference I have attached the pic of the existing condition of the car...
Attached Thumbnails
Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-opel.jpg  

Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-opel2.jpg  

Old 26th May 2008, 12:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pani,

Read through this thread.

Btw you from Bhopal or did you buy it from Bhopal?
Old 26th May 2008, 12:57   #49
BHPian

Hi Technocrat,
I bought it from a friend in Bhopal...I am using it in Bangalore.
Old 27th June 2008, 11:26   #50

Glasurit® HS Clear VOC 3.5-scratch-resistant C
Application:
Extremely scratch-resistant HS clear 90 Line basecoat / clearcoat systems.
This is a good option for those who do not have access to Ceramic Clears.
Although the booth has to be state of the art since you cannot sand buff polish this material like the traditional clears since it will become like a smog effect and never clear to bring up the pigment color.

Properties:
High solids content; extremely scratch-resistant; outstanding weathering and yellowing resistance; excellent finish quality; quickly ready for polishing and masking.
Remarks:
Suitable for repairing extremely scratch-resistant original finishes.
Select hardener and reducer according to ambient temperature and size of object to be painted.

These guys stock Glasurit pigments and clears and good to get in touch with them.
CARS-Complete Accident Repairs Service-#9,9th Main Gundappa Gowda Road, Ejipura, Viveknagar Post, Bangalore-47
Philip-9945191751
Robert-9845929217
Ramesh-9845331921
Old 30th September 2008, 13:17   #51
BHPian

1. My Accent needs some minor paint work on the front Bumper. Can anyone please suggest some good shop in Hyderabad? I went to the KUN service centre and after the touchup it looks even worse.

2. Do you suggest me getting a clearcoat done on my car?

Thanks for your replies
Old 26th February 2009, 14:27   #52
BANNED

Need advise on painting the wing mirrors and door handles of swift. Need them body coloured as in the ZXI model. Here are the quotes:

BIMAL, whitefield :
1st time: Rs.3000
2nd Time: Rs 2400
Pratham: Rs 4000

Tried to contact mandovi, but was unable to.

Any other place in banglore where i can get that done for less then 2k?
Old 9th August 2009, 11:12   #53
BHPian

I'm bumping this thread cos' i have a query regarding removal of swirl marks on my car. Could anyone tell me abot a professional swirl mark remover in Bangalore?
Old 9th August 2009, 12:33   #54
Team-BHP Support

You can get the 3M treatment done, starts with surface refinement, scratch/swirl removal and finally the polishing. Indira Nagar, there is a Goodyear shop near the BDA. Behind it comes a Dupont and 3M shop where the services are offered. Will cost around Rs 3000 and half a days time.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You can get the 3M treatment done, starts with surface refinement, scratch/swirl removal and finally the polishing. Indira Nagar, there is a Goodyear shop near the BDA. Behind it comes a Dupont and 3M shop where the services are offered. Will cost around Rs 3000 and half a days time.
Thanks for your input buddy, I need advice here, My car's 11 months old, The paint still looks fresh and wet, but in the night, The swirl marks are very prominent, bunches of swirl marks stick out!( Thanks to my driver) Should i go for this treatment? Any reviews? Have you got it done to your car? These guys are official 3M guys right? Or just authorized from 3M?

I checked 3M's website, they have the following treatments, which treatment should i get?
UV Protection
Exterior Beautification
Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal & Surface Enhancement

Awaiting your replies. I'm desperate. :(

Last edited by akshay_b : 11th August 2009 at 09:16.
Old 11th August 2009, 09:14   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Thanks for your input buddy, I need advice here, My car's 11 months old, The paint still looks fresh and wet, but in the night, The swirl marks are very prominent, bunches of swirl marks stick out!( Thanks to my driver) Should i go for this treatment? Any reviews? Have you got it done to your car? These guys are official 3M guys right? Or just authorized from 3M?

Awaiting your replies. I'm desperate. :(
I believe better to go there and check if some car is getting the treatment.
Every care is prone to scratches/swirl mark etcso don't be very desperate but yes maintain your car in perfect shape with proper servicing intervals.
Old 11th August 2009, 15:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I believe better to go there and check if some car is getting the treatment.
Every car is prone to scratches/swirl mark etc so don't be very desperate but yes maintain your car in perfect shape with proper servicing intervals.
Yup, Swirl marks are common but i couldn't tolerate seeing them all at once when our driver wiped the car with a wet cloth and waxed with all his energy. He ruined the finish in 1 hour!

To top it, I have a black car, so the swirl marks have become very prominent.
Earlier, i smiled every time i saw my in the dark under strong street light. Reason- Swirl marks weren't visible even under bright lights !
Old 11th August 2009, 16:30   #58
Team-BHP Support

Sorry was not watching the thread, Vid's lancer and my Swift had undergone the treatment and i rate the finish ***** though its slightly costly compared to normal polish job. Check with them they will prescribe the right treatment after they inspect your car, depends on the paint quality (OE vs repainted), age, amount of scratch etc.

This will be the one mostly recommended 3M India: Minor Scratch/Swirl Removal
Old 11th August 2009, 19:42   #59
BHPian

The paint is completely scratch less, Anyway, could you please help me with the location, Phone numbers would be great, Is it a 3M shop? 3000 is good enough if they do a good job. Many people don't even know what swirl marks are!
Old 12th August 2009, 12:28   #60
BHPian

I contacted the 3M people for the swirl marks removal plan and they said i can get it done at any trident hyundai service station. I also contacted the service manager at trident an inquired about the procedure.

They do rubbing(to remove swirls and minor scratches), waxing and detailing.
i got a quote of 2500Rs. and a half day's time.

Should i go for it or should i go for any other swirl removal plan? Jaggu sir help me out here.

P.S- There are only swirl marks on the car, no scratches.

Last edited by akshay_b : 12th August 2009 at 12:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks