Old 12th August 2009, 12:33   #61
Senior - BHPian

Here you go.
3M India: India Locations
Old 12th August 2009, 14:22   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Thanks for the info but the Bangalore address belongs to 3M corporate office, not a service station, They train people at various A.S.S to use their products.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Thanks for the info but the Bangalore address belongs to 3M corporate office, not a service station, They train people at various A.S.S to use their products.
I guess we'll have to call em up to know where they deliver the service.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:20   #64
BHPian

I contacted them, They deliver their services only at major A.S.S.. They do not have stores anywhere in the city.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:46   #65
Team-BHP Support

Price quoted is aok and i think you can go ahead with the dealer itself, less pain. Only make it very clear that you expect good results and not to hurry with the job.

EDIT: and no Sir's! Please!
Old 13th August 2009, 12:55   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I contacted them, They deliver their services only at major A.S.S.. They do not have stores anywhere in the city.
@akshay_b for the benefit of the members could you give us the details of what you gathered on the call with 3M ? I mean which major A.S.Ss in Bangalore ? Sagar Automobiles ?
Old 13th August 2009, 14:51   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Price quoted is aok and i think you can go ahead with the dealer itself, less pain. Only make it very clear that you expect good results and not to hurry with the job.

EDIT: and no Sir's! Please!
Thanks jaggu, I'll tell them clearly what i want. I'd be more comfortable if there was an actual 3M outlet where they offer all their services. :( Where did you get your 3M coating done from?

And sure, no more sir's from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
@akshay_b for the benefit of the members could you give us the details of what you gathered on the call with 3M ? I mean which major A.S.Ss in Bangalore ? Sagar Automobiles ?
When i called 3M corporate office, my call was transferred to an expert car detailing guy, he gave me all minute information about the procedure, He told me not to go for polishing or teflon coating as it will only bring shine to the car and no swirl marks will be reduced.

Procedure:
Car wash
Rubbing(to even out scratches and swirls)
Waxing/polishing
Sufrace enhancement
Engine Bay cleaning and
tire polishing

People at major A.S.S are trained by 3M to use their products for their detailing services and said that i can expect great results, The guy was very informative and was able to answer all my queries.
I'm not aware of any A.S.S which offer 3M services except Trident hyundai all over Bangalore as i have a Santro Xing. Contact Mr. Chetan for more information about where their services are offered.
3M India: Where to Buy

People in Bangalore can contact Mr.Chetan on 9980164630 for 3M car detailing services.

If you have a Hyundai, Contact Mr.Praveen(senior service adviser at Trident Sheshadripuram) on 9900545257

Last edited by akshay_b : 13th August 2009 at 14:54.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man, now to check with Sagar Auto, to know whether someone there has been trained by 3M.
Old 15th August 2009, 14:18   #69
BHPian

I'm postponing the swirl removal treatment for 15 days as my car's 1 year service due is on 22nd, I don't want the service folks to wash out the 3M coating.
Will write up a short review once i get the swirl treatment.
Old 15th August 2009, 20:54   #70
BHPian

swirl marks.

Akshay,

Please update the work on your car about the removal of the swirl marks. I too will decide based on your feedback on my black swift .
Old 15th August 2009, 20:58   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Where did you get your 3M coating done from?
I got it done through a 3M/Dupont shop in Indira Nagar. Also get the job after workshop work and take before and after picture, will be useful for others an difference will be very evident since you have a black car.
Old 15th August 2009, 23:22   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I got it done through a 3M/Dupont shop in Indira Nagar. Also get the job after workshop work and take before and after picture, will be useful for others an difference will be very evident since you have a black car.
So that's a company owned 3M shop run by 3M people?? Should i go to trident or the 3M shop where you got yours done? I'm not much confident with the trident people.
Old 18th August 2009, 19:46   #73
BHPian

Updated.

Updates: I visited a Hyundai Trident service station today and enquired about the 3M swirl and scratch treatment,

The service adviser recommended me to get a simple polishing and Teflon coating for swirls and i told him i do waxing and polishing at home and i know what exactly the "Teflon coating" means. He smiled sheepishly, The look on his face was priceless

Anyway,

I got the following information

1st step: car wash
2nd step: Claying to remove impurities and unevenness,
3rd step: rubbing with 3M swirl removal (not available in the market)
4th step: Waxing
5th step: Polishing
6th step: Surface enhancement treatment.

The service adviser realized that i was not a layman and showed me all the products that are going to be used, The products looked like genuine 3M made for professional detailers. The products costs around 40$ each. The paste wax is for 14$

Quoted me a price of 2700+taxes, I bargained and got it down to 2.5k (Common we're Indians )

Will post the before and after pics when i get the treatment, maybe after a week.
These are the products that he showed me:
Attached Thumbnails
Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-4140ybcxejl._sl500_aa280_.jpg  

Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-6062.jpg  

Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-6588.jpg  

Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore-41jmfmbi3l._sl500_aa280_.jpg  

Last edited by akshay_b : 18th August 2009 at 19:57.
Old 18th August 2009, 21:38   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hi akshay_b, did you interact with trident service center in inner ring road, domlur? I may opt for it as part of the next service.
Old 18th August 2009, 22:39   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Hi akshay_b, did you interact with trident service center in inner ring road, domlur? I may opt for it as part of the next service.
No buddy i visited the Sheshadripuram Trident, Inner ring rd. is too far from my place(vijaynagar)

If you wish to visit the same service station i can provide you with the service adviser's number. He was quite knowledgeable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks