Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 09:07   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unhappy Tata Harrier owner | Looking for advice & alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Here you go with more horror story - Safari !
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 09:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sometimes I feel he is taking it too far. Any sensible person who just wants to get rid of stress would have accepted a replacement and whatever damage they give. Get it done and move ahead.
Asking for dealership cancellation, going public and what not is just taking it too far.
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 12:53   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes I feel he is taking it too far. Any sensible person who just wants to get rid of stress would have accepted a replacement and whatever damage they give. Get it done and move ahead.
Asking for dealership cancellation, going public and what not is just taking it too far.
Even I felt so. Many of us would have gone the smoother route, however considering the number of videos on Youtube against that dealership, I am grateful for the few little extra guys like him that hold on to that little vengeance even if it means being a bit dramatic about things. At the end of the day these guys are our best chance at having some change happen.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th October 2021 at 12:55.
IshaanIan is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 13:04   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Even I felt so. Many of us would have gone the smoother route, however considering the number of videos on Youtube against that dealership, I am grateful for the few little extra guys like him who at the end of the day are our best chance at having some change happen.
The strategy looks like finding fault with whatever the company / dealer is doing. It is almost like a witch hunt. Car replacement is not so easy in India. Which the dealer is providing to the customer here. The complainant is making youtube videos to promote his youtube handle. Is there another financial angle to this whole issue ? I even suspect companies, who fight in this segment to be with this particular complainant. Like Toyota, who may lose out due to competition from Harrier.

Just my thoughts. Not blaming anyone.
commonman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 13:13   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
The strategy looks like finding fault with whatever the company / dealer is doing. It is almost like a witch hunt. Car replacement is not so easy in India. Which the dealer is providing to the customer here. The complainant is making Youtube videos to promote his Youtube handle. Is there another financial angle to this whole issue ? I even suspect companies, who fight in this segment to be with this particular complainant. Like Toyota, who may lose out due to competition from Harrier.

Just my thoughts. Not blaming anyone.
Have you watched all the three videos before forming this opinion? While I understand they may be tough to watch considering each is about half an hour long which altogether is a movie's length, I have. He clearly mentions how the dealership allowed him to conduct a PDI one day before the delivery of a certain car with a different VIN which he liked but on the next day they gave him a different same colored vehicle. When he noticed that the odo reading was quite high and did not match the photo of the car he inspected, he then checked the VIN and that did not match either. When he brought this to the attention of the dealership he was initially ridiculed and laughed at and dismissed until he showed photo evidence of the same. After which he was told the other car was sold. He even found the other vehicle in the same dealership catching them in another lie and was then pushed to take this claiming registration excuses. The dealership also lied to him and failed to produce a set of keys for the car claiming that the second key is with Tata motors themselves and that they will arrange for it. Later he found out that the car was given to someone else who still has the keys. They likely discovered all the issues, returned it and the car was forced onto him. Now anyone will be extremely pissed off about this. These are straight up unfair and unlawful business practices on the dealership's behalf and even if you or I settle for a replacement, we will still feel like we lost a certain moral battle by not heralding the justice of consequences to the dealership for their sly behavior.

I mean do you not realise that if someone like him does not take the time out for appropriate justice, tomorrow you or I or someone we know and love, can also fall victim to such dirty business practices?

Last edited by IshaanIan : 9th October 2021 at 13:17.
IshaanIan is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 23:01   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I mean do you not realise that if someone like him does not take the time out for appropriate justice, tomorrow you or I or someone we know and love, can also fall victim to such dirty business practices?
Agreed. I had watched his videos and was wondering how this hadn't been brought up in any of the team-bhp forums. Totally sympathise with him and looks like a clear case of dealer fraud. I had made up my mind for the Harrier automatic after having recently cancelled my Seltos booking but reconsidering my decision now.
silentstorm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 12:25   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
No use fighting with the dealer, fixing it and getting standed somewhere yet again. For the sake of what matters most in life - peace of mind - sell the car and buy something else.

This time stick to reputed brands/proven models.

Innova Crysta would be your best bet. Or just consider this as an opportunity to buy what you always wanted to buy - the compass.
I absolutely second that there is no point in fighting with the dealer/TML.
In fact, as mentioned earlier, this is the fate of Indian consumers even after taking all the beatings.
However, as I mentioned earlier, I am not financially sound to replace my car for at least the next 6-8 months. So I don't have any option, for now, other than to continue with my car.

Quote:
I don't agree. It's not about money or replacement. It's about the attitude of the dealer and more obviously Tata itself. They (the dealer and the OEM) should and must be penalized no matter what.

Quote:
Exactly. Someone should do something. And we at least should support his effort. Poor consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm View Post
Agreed. I had watched his videos and was wondering how this hadn't been brought up in any of the team-bhp forums. Totally sympathise with him and looks like a clear case of dealer fraud. I had made up my mind for the Harrier automatic after having recently cancelled my Seltos booking but reconsidering my decision now.
This should not be a deal-breaker/influencer to cancel (or) reconsider your decision about Harrier. Harrier is a fantastic product. And these issues/exceptions happen with all the brands, including BMW's and MB's.

In India, the fate and situation of consumers are really pathetic. It almost always "advantage corporate" culture. There are no strong laws that protect the consumer.

Being one of the world's finest in Technology (TCS), Steel (Tata Steel), Airlines (Vistara, AirAsia), Hospitality (Taj Group), Commercial Vehicles (Tata Commercial Vehicles), Tata's Passenger Vehicle BU (PVBU) is the only exception I see here.
This re-iterates my saying that "It's (Harrier) the right product in the wrong hands".

Some of the points to prove the worst attitude of Tata Motors Passenger Cars.
1. No CEO is able to sustain for the long term. And most of the recent CEOs are foreigners.
2. In PVBU, most of the employees are in the commercial vehicle mindset. Especially in fit, finish, and reliability departments.
3. Tata thinks that they have offered the best features in this segment.
4. This "newer forever" tag line and brand positioning itself show that Tata is significantly lagging to understand the market dynamics and competition. Adding/launching/deleting new features and variants every 3-5 months shows the poor market strategy and bad customer commitment from Tata.
5. Even though it is still a fantastic product, I still feel that Harrier is on the expensive side in its segment. Of course, the justification is that the gearbox is from Hyundai, the powertrain is from Fiat, the suspension is tuned by JLR and Lotus, the platform is from Land Rover, Infotainment (software) is from Visteon, etc, etc, - What is "True Indian Car" in this? I would hands-down put my money in M&M when it comes to "Indian Car" where most of the product is Indian.

Nevertheless, all in all, I am a totally frustrated, poor, unhappy Tata customer. And definitely, I regret the purchase of Harrier. With the worst attitude and unskilled minds of Tata and its dealers, it will not be a long time that Tata loses market share again.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 08:25   #83
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I just went through this video (only this one) and feel sorry for the guy. His demand may sound unreasonable but I agree with his premise. The dealer is defrauding customers and spooling Tata’s brand name, however we know how dealers act in our country, most, if not all, have political connection. I pray this gent also has strong levers (not just money) to support him against that ‘DADA’-giri of the dealer.

Another reason why I’m afraid of paying so much money to TATA
RJK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 13:22   #84
BHPian

I just saw the second video of this guy and he echoed my thoughts regarding "Make in India" apologists. These apologists don't realize that it is just a ploy of the established Business houses to keep on monopolizing the Indian trade and industry.
These business houses will defend their own foreign collaborations as the need of the hour of the country but will lobby hard to kill competition in their own products category.
neeraj0272 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 20:21   #85

I recently got a 2022 Harrier and I had 3 issues so far and the ASS say these are small issues and not really big issues.

1) infotainment system completely crashes and so even my instrument cluster failed. - Tata replaced something called silver box along with some firmware upgrades. - So far so good
2) NO2 sensor issue - they couldn't find why CEL was showing up so they replaced the sensor to fix the problem
3) Door sensor issue - Replaced
4) Battery failed - Replaced Battery

all of them in the first 700 kms

Now I scared to upgrade my music system as I was initially planning to upgrade the Audio to Helix set up ( 2 pair of S series components, MSiX DSP AMP and K10 Subwoofer.) Neither the installer nor TATA is giving the confidence that I won't face the issue with the infotainment. So I'm thinking its not worth upgrading and losing my peace of mind. Its very annoying that you are forced to be stuck with something cause nobody can give you the confidence that it won't break the car!

Honestly speaking I forget all of this issues when I'm driving the car! Its a great car! awesome fun.. Big , bold and beautiful.. Awesome power - Sport mode is just brilliant! But its sad that I have to compromise on the audio!
Redlock666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 21:54   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlock666 View Post
Now I scared to upgrade my music system as I was initially planning to upgrade the Audio to Helix set up ( 2 pair of S series components, MSiX DSP AMP and K10 Subwoofer.) Neither the installer nor TATA is giving the confidence that I won't face the issue with the infotainment. So I'm thinking its not worth upgrading and losing my peace of mind. Its very annoying that you are forced to be stuck with something cause nobody can give you the confidence that it won't break the car!

Honestly speaking I forget all of this issues when I'm driving the car! Its a great car! awesome fun.. Big , bold and beautiful.. Awesome power - Sport mode is just brilliant! But its sad that I have to compromise on the audio!
Why do you want to upgrade the audio system? And what variant do you have ? - If its XT/XT+, XZ/XZ+, XZA/XZA+ or any other top variant, it is not advisable to swap/upgrade the infotainment due to obvious reasons that you cannot access all the features in the after market system and of course the warranty issue.
My advice is (if you are an audiophile) to do a full dampening (harrier's sound insulation for audio is poor) and upgrade just the speakers, woofer-amp combo and re-tune the system for better sound experience.

Tata is just about 20%-30% better than Indica days in terms of reliability, fit and finish, quality, ASS, and customer experience. So always my advise is "buy Tata at your own risk". The failure/disappointment/bad experience rate is high enough to spoil your feel of the product itself (which is good). And as I always say "Harrier is a right product in the wrong hands".
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 00:02   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Why do you want to upgrade the audio system? And what variant do you have ? - If its XT/XT+, XZ/XZ+, XZA/XZA+ or any other top variant, it is not advisable to swap/upgrade the infotainment due to obvious reasons that you cannot access all the features in the after market system and of course the warranty issue.
My advice is (if you are an audiophile) to do a full dampening (harrier's sound insulation for audio is poor) and upgrade just the speakers, woofer-amp combo and re-tune the system for better sound experience.

Tata is just about 20%-30% better than Indica days in terms of reliability, fit and finish, quality, ASS, and customer experience. So always my advise is "buy Tata at your own risk". The failure/disappointment/bad experience rate is high enough to spoil your feel of the product itself (which is good). And as I always say "Harrier is a right product in the wrong hands".

Yes , I have already done a 4 layer dampening .. Its obvious I cannot upgrade the system.. besides I had no intention to upgrade the head unit (infotainment System).. for reference I have a XZA+ variant.. so swapping the headhunt is out of question.. but How do I upgrade the woofer and amp? cause there is no way I can unplug these without cutting the wires.. or the last option is to connect the existing amp to the Helix DSP Amp.. and sub.. and retune the system ..
Redlock666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 16:46   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlock666 View Post
Yes , I have already done a 4 layer dampening .. Its obvious I cannot upgrade the system.. besides I had no intention to upgrade the head unit (infotainment System).. for reference I have a XZA+ variant.. so swapping the headhunt is out of question.. but How do I upgrade the woofer and amp? cause there is no way I can unplug these without cutting the wires.. or the last option is to connect the existing amp to the Helix DSP Amp.. and sub.. and retune the system ..
Harrier/Safari do not come with an external amp set-up. The amp is in-built in the silver box (if I am correct). The woofer is placed in the right side of the boot when you open the boot door. I am not sure whether can it replaced without cutting wires. So it completely depends on the professional expertise and skill and of course, the amp/woofer brand/model compatibility.
Old 19th April 2022, 17:09   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Harrier/Safari do not come with an external amp set-up. The amp is in-built in the silver box (if I am correct). The woofer is placed in the right side of the boot when you open the boot door. I am not sure whether can it replaced without cutting wires. So it completely depends on the professional expertise and skill and of course, the amp/woofer brand/model compatibility.
Actually it does come with an external amp.. I have seen it.. Its under a metal plate on the drivers side seat and an 8 inch sub in the boot as you mentioned. Silverbox is the interface which manages the central head unit and the instrument cluster screen.
Redlock666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 10:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
You have driven 32,000 kms with this car. It surely can’t be that it keeps breaking down all the time. As I have said on some other threads, expecting cars to never break down in our road conditions, with the kind of rampant fuel adulteration that takes place is not reasonable. You are likely to face similar issues with other cars too.
This isn't reasonable. Case in point, me and dad have owned a total of 5 cars, since the millenium and in total of 22 years, none of our cars have ever broken down on the road. Heck, there's not been ever a issue with regards to engine or gearbox in either of these cars yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks