Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 19:47   #31
BHPian

Re: Why does the boot also unlock, when you unlock the doors?

Credit where due,

Being a huge vehicle with a high possibility of theft from boot. Tata's safari storme opens in a two step process. First the driver door, then the remaining 3 doors + boot (tailgate).
Why does the boot also unlock, when you unlock the doors?-20201215_001635.jpg
It's much safer, and is the perfect compromise between convenience and safety. Having the boot open ONLY with the boot unlock button is a little too cumbersome for most IMO.

Or maybe I'm a little lacadacial like that.

I think this would make for an interesting poll.
@MODS, what do you think?
Old 10th October 2021, 23:07   #32
BHPian

My fiat linea had a 4 door central locking. The boot could be opened by pressing a button on the keyfob, by manual key or by pressing a button on the centre console. That was so much more convenient and safer than the 5 door central locking that i have in S-Cross now.
Old 11th October 2021, 20:19   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

In Brezza and S-Cross, there is option to unlock either the driver side or passenger side or the boot individually using the request sensor. If the sensor is pressed twice, other doors also unlock. From the inside, I can individually unlock any door as required, for that I must not press the unlock button on the door pad. Pressing that unlocks all the doors. I love the individual unlocking from inside feature as each door has its own lock. Wagon R is not the same, in it if you unlock the driver's door from inside, all doors get unlocked.

If you look at the safety point of view, the boot shouldn't get unlocked as chances of losing precious belongings is very high. The cable operated boot unlock was any day better. The control was in our hands.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 23:57   #34
BANNED

Quite funnily my Alto has this sought out feature where the boot only opens with the Key or the lever under the driver seat.

Central Locking only works on 4 doors, it is how it is from Factory.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 09:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- Some premium cars give you the option of unlocking just the driver's door when you unlock the car. Could be useful in your scenario if it's just you.
Well, my Scross has it. Since its mostly just me driving one click and only the driver side door unlocks, the second click all the doors get unlocked. This feature can be enabled or disabled via the MID.
Old 14th October 2021, 13:50   #36

Baleno has an option (and I assume similar software/options for other Maruti models).

Option 1 (default): On door unlock by the remote, only driver-door opens. Another unlock opens the remaining 3 doors + boot.

Option 2: On door unlock by the remote, opens the 4 doors + boot.

User has can change it from settings on which one to be set.

I wish the below options to be there also ...
Option 3 (wishlist): On door unlock by the remote, 4 doors open, On another-unlock/explicit-unlock, the boot is explicitly opened.
Old 14th October 2021, 17:21   #37
BHPian

Aspire has separate door unlocking and boot unlocking button on keyfob. Pressing door unlock does not unlock the boot. The separate boot unlock button has to be pressed twice in few seconds to unlock the boot.
Quite a safe feature as when alone I can dump my shopping in the boot without being worried about anyone reaching into the seat space.
Thank you
Old 8th November 2021, 12:07   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedocgb View Post
Aspire has separate door unlocking and boot unlocking button on keyfob. Pressing door unlock does not unlock the boot. The separate boot unlock button has to be pressed twice in few seconds to unlock the boot.
Quite a safe feature as when alone I can dump my shopping in the boot without being worried about anyone reaching into the seat space.
Thank you
Exactly similar in my Toyota Yaris. Another advantage is that the rear seats are split 60:40 folding, which is rare in mid sized sedans. Too bad Yaris was discontinued in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks