Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 12:50   #1
BHPian

Warranty on paint for Palio

Do you have any idea on whats the paint warranty for our cars?Mine will be completing 1 year this June and I can see a very small portion (pinp-oint) of my bonet with paint peeled off.I am really worried about this.Can I correct this through warranty?Guys , can you let em know?
Old 28th May 2007, 14:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

It depends on when you bought the car. Earlier they had a 5 year paint and anti-perforation warranty. A friend and Palio user availed the benefit of this warranty and got his entire car painted at a cost of a few thousands when the roof of his car had some cracks in the paint.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Really? Paintwork is covered under normal warranty? I was under the impression that no manufacturer ever covers the paintwork as it is very difficult to establish that the problem arose because of faulty workmanship. It may very well have happened due to the owner's negligence, adverse conditions, some vandal elements etc.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:58   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Really? Paintwork is covered under normal warranty?
Yes, Fiat does cover the paint under a separate warranty. They also have / had a warranty against perforation in paint. They assess the damage and offer to pay a certain percantage of the repair cost for painting. In my friends case his 4 year old car got a complete repaint at around 4000/- bucks and his car looked as good as new!
Old 28th May 2007, 14:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

There is a paint warranty. But against finishing problems, rust etc. from the factory end. I think it is 6 months, but not sure. My left front fender had a very light mark ("flaw"?) on it (on the paint) when I bought it. I noticed it about 2 weeks after I took delivery (it was very light and could be seen only when the light hit at a particular angle). The fender was painted for free during first service. [Not the current screwed-up paint job by RF Motors ]
Old 28th May 2007, 15:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Not the current screwed-up paint job by RF Motors ]
Your current fender paint job is very poorly done. Is it done at a Fiat dealership?
Old 28th May 2007, 15:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

I think the warranty was on corrosion/rust and it was for 6 years AFAIK.
Old 28th May 2007, 15:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Your current fender paint job is very poorly done. Is it done at a Fiat dealership?
Well, yes & no. TATA/FIAT Dealer, A.S.S. provider. RF Motors, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. Grrrr... I'm going to an independent workshop the next time.
Old 29th May 2007, 00:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend whos has a 2003 palio and the hood and roof have faded away and the car is not painted at all
what maybe the cause and what can be done
Old 29th May 2007, 01:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Really? Paintwork is covered under normal warranty? I was under the impression that no manufacturer ever covers the paintwork as it is very difficult to establish that the problem arose because of faulty workmanship. It may very well have happened due to the owner's negligence, adverse conditions, some vandal elements etc.
But it is zappo. Paint is part & parcel of a car & if there is any shoddy workmanship, it ought to be addressed. BTW, my M-1000 (1993 model) had no such issues till the date i sold it (2003). Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Well, yes & no. TATA/FIAT Dealer, A.S.S. provider. RF Motors, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala. Grrrr... I'm going to an independent workshop the next time.
Change your service guy, hydra. it dont pay anymore to be faithful to fiat A.S.S, cause there is a TATA TATA involved.
Old 29th May 2007, 01:16   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Yes, Fiat does cover the paint under a separate warranty. They also have / had a warranty against perforation in paint. They assess the damage and offer to pay a certain percantage of the repair cost for painting. In my friends case his 4 year old car got a complete repaint at around 4000/- bucks and his car looked as good as new!
Yes, Fiat does have that 5 or 7 year anti-perforation warranty.And I dont think many must have used that.I think I know the friend you are talking about.But in his case, it was'nt the paint quality, rather the 3M detailing/ teflon coating or some such paint treatment that caused the damage.So that guy was really lucky as he never disclosed the same to the dealer.Thats what I remember.Correct me if wrong Kiran.
Old 29th May 2007, 01:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
BTW, my M-1000 (1993 model) had no such issues till the date i sold it (2003). Japanese.

Good to know.But whats that got to do with the topic under discussion?

Last edited by roms : 29th May 2007 at 01:25.
Old 29th May 2007, 01:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Good to know.But whats that got to do with the topic under discussion?
Not to start another fiat fight ( god that rhymes), i just mentioned that there was no warranty on the paint & it still shone. Do you have a problem with that ?
Old 29th May 2007, 01:31   #14
BHPian

I just thought you hinted at something with the word "japanese" thrown in. If not,lets leave it that.Dont need yet another wasted thread.
Old 29th May 2007, 01:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I just thought you hinted at something with the word "japanese" thrown in. If not,lets leave it that.Dont need yet another wasted thread.
Why would you think like that ? is the word japanese a threat ? i am not a jap, but i dont feel threatened by the japs at all (Even after watching "The bridge over the river kwai"), now why would you feel jittered ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks