Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2021, 11:48   #31

Re: Dealer delivers a paint damaged Tata Punch to me

First of all Congratulations for the new memeber!!!!

White spots which are visible is rubbing and wax polish which they apply while teflon coating process. The polish paste goes into the gaps between the panel when polish machine is used. It becomes difficult to reach at those places and requires hell amount of time and patience to get it clean.

Scratches visible in pics on panels are hair line scratches which come generally due to use of muddy cloth to wash the car or the second reason may be the teflon coating/polish work is not done properly causing patches where machine is not used properly.

In my opinion get the car polished one more time at a professional centre like 3M and your concerns will be resolved before opting for a repaint job.
Old 28th June 2022, 23:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
I don't understand why TATA customer has to go through this ordeal?

He has pad full price and not a penny less, he must get squeaky-clean car to his satisfaction.

Dealing with TATA dealer is never a pleasant experience, there are few cases, TATA dealer tried to sell reworked car as brand new. Never trust TATA dealer because TATA has absolutely no control on them.

My friend was about to sign on delivery form, he noticed slightly different reflection of light from driver side door. Paint finish was appearing perfect. Late on it was revealed that whole driver side door was repainted and dealer conveniently hided this fact and tried to sell car as brand new. My friend refused to take delivery and dealer has to refund full price paid.
How they agreed? Hasn't the car got registered in his name?
Old 29th June 2022, 12:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sany0023 View Post
How they agreed? Hasn't the car got registered in his name?
Fortunately this happened before registration.
Old 29th June 2022, 12:37   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Fortunately this happened before registration.
Then that must not be delivery form. Because they don't start delivery process until the vehicle is registered.

Unfortunately, in my case, they did repaint work in 1 week gap between my PDI and delivery day. It's a brand new Altroz and I am fighting with TAMO and dealer to get it rectified.

Most Viewed