Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 17:07   #1
BANNED

A few problems with New wagon R. Help needed !

Hi All

I own the new wagon R VXi and there are few problems that are bothering me, first one being the vulnerability of the bonnet getting dented. The front face of the bonnet I lacking strength and is getting small dents. I noticed it is not just with my car but with other new shape wagon R’s aswell . I wish to lodge a complaint with maruti for this issue and hope to get it repaired under warranty (if possible), but before doing that I thought of taking an opion from all the new wagon R owners on TBHP.

Second problem is with electric door mirrors somebody tried to steal it, although was not able to do so but in an attempt broke the cover below the mirror (which covers the nut bolt). I'm not able to find it anywhere as it is different in LXi model and maruti guys tell me the whole assembly will have to be changed costing 7500 /- No clues what will I do now. Ant suggestions would be a help. I lodged a complaint with MUL got a call in this regards also but no use they said they are in process of getting the inventory new wagon R

Please suggest what else should I do for these 2 problems
Thanks
Akhilesh
Old 31st May 2007, 01:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
I own the new wagon R VXi and there are few problems that are bothering me, first one being the vulnerability of the bonnet getting dented.
I have a stupid dent on my bonnet right in the front middle portion, where we press to close the bonnet. Was caused a dumb gas tuner.

Cant repair it. Any suggestions to hide it by a sticker or something so that its not evident? Please help.
Old 31st May 2007, 09:52   #3
BANNED

mail4ajo : Never in favor of stickers as they are a compromise here and not many good designs and patterns are available. I like to keep my car very simple so a sticker would be my last option. There's a guy in own colony who has stickers all over his car just to hide those everyday scratches
Old 31st May 2007, 12:26   #4
BHPian

I had a Wagon R for 7 years (2000 to 2007) and never had a dent on the bonnet. However I had a couple of other dents - one on the boot (when i was reversing and a 2wheeler came in between) and another one on the Right side (again by a 2wheeler !), but never felt that it is more vulnerable than any other car in the cars. Also i am made to understand that the modern cars are made in such a way (the bonnet) to enhance the pedestian safety.
Old 31st May 2007, 13:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashvk View Post
I had a Wagon R for 7 years (2000 to 2007) and never had a dent on the bonnet. However I had a couple of other dents - one on the boot (when i was reversing and a 2wheeler came in between) and another one on the Right side (again by a 2wheeler !), but never felt that it is more vulnerable than any other car in the cars. Also i am made to understand that the modern cars are made in such a way (the bonnet) to enhance the pedestian safety.
This isnt for pedestrian safety for sure. He is talking about the new bonnet being vulnerable to dents even when closing it normally.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:33   #6
BANNED

abhilashvk : I'm talking about the latest wagon R , mine is 10 months old and i no way the new or the old bonnet of wagon R increases pedestrian safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks