Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 12:15   #16
BHPian

Hey Kiran... who are your service guys? Varun or Mitra? I know for sure both have pretty competent service personnel.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:22   #17
BHPian

Looks like a short circuit somewhere. Better to get complete wiring harness checked.

Start from the wires connected to the battery terminals. Visually inspect the wires for any damage or signs of heating. There is also a main fuse (with the wiring harness) near the battery somewhere. This is not in the fuse box but in the engine compartment.
Old 5th June 2007, 16:14   #18
BHPian

tsk1979
you have summed up the list of working components.
Apart from that the oil,brake lights etc turn on, except the ECM light.

I have a strong hunch about the relay too, purely because one cannot know the funtioning by mere physical view. It needs proper equipment I guess.
I am still waiting for the Experts to arrive, I was told that they have gone to a marriage party. I cant believe that I am waiting like this.

Jaggu
If you can PM your number I can call you, if its allright with you.

The Offroader
Wonderful suggestion, thanks
But the reason for me to pursue this channel is, I have seen value in the past with such excersise, Hope fully you will find that in due course.

Floyd, why the alternator the battery seems to in perfect condition??

Ghost Rider,
I am liaising with Mitra, Madhapur
A guy named satar my regular service advisor is helping me with this.
Lesser said about their competence the better for me.
No offence meant, But I guess whenever I speak to them their ignorance is very evident to me. Probably I have been speaking only to the freaks as a matter of chance.
Spoke to varun and they told me since Mitra is in vicinity they would be the best to help. And I am waiting for the experts to arrive to work and then attend to my car.

It gives me the shudders to think of me getting stranded in traffic like this/when I am on a trip where there would be no experts.
Geeze so far for the electricals...
Old 6th June 2007, 13:11   #19
BHPian

Wow... that's a first... all my maruti cars go to the RTC X roads Mitra. These guys do a very good job. Well anyway, best of luck with you problem then.
Old 8th June 2007, 13:10   #20
BHPian

WoW is all I could say after I located the source of my problem,

There is a clip that holds the secondary fuse, which is located on the bottow, the place where the wire ends. The clip had got enlarged and had caused a loss in connection. And when I was pressing in the fuses once by one i found the lights got on for a instant adn went off, this helped me isolate the cause.

This just goes to show one of a million probabilities where things can go wrong in a car.

Thanks to Jaggu, who helped me logically think through the problem.

And so much for all the help professionally trained mechanics from maruti has to offer.

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 8th June 2007 at 13:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks