Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 18:27   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I do not see this thread as Hyundai-Bashing either. IMHO, hyundai has the best service record in this country. I accept that my case was handled efficiently, by hyundai service.

I am also willing to accept that mine is a freak case.
In which case, it is totally possible that my Hyundai verna is the only defective one in this world.

But I am uncomfortable driving a possibly defective car.

That's my point. In a nutshell. uhhh... a very big nut no doubt, but yeah, I agree. lol.

Sam

You have written a very comprehensive & well worded mail to Hyundai, to the point with no offensive words. I think it describes very well your point of view which a lot of us here totally endorse/agree with. I hope that HMIL gets back to you on this on a positive note.

All the best

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 29th May 2007 at 18:32.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:37   #92
Senior - BHPian

Sam,

Sorry to hear about your car. That mail was well written. I hope Hyundai gives you a new car. Nice to see an 'lol' in your last post.

RKS, you like Mathematics right? Confess now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I agree .... the chances are now 50:50.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:53   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But picture this - My axle came off, due to no fault of mine. What if it happens again when I am driving at 160kmph on the highway? To laugh, I need to be alive na?

It won't be a laughter riot when Rtech writes my obituary thread in shifting gears. It'll be an extremely popular thread, no doubt, but no one will be laughing. I hope not.
No such thing is going to happen, Sam. I had an inkling that you had taken it seriously, but had no idea that it was "sooooo" serious.

BTW, I must be missing something, but even if axle slips off at 160, I suspect if it will lead to losing control. It will stop transmitting the power to wheels. But, you still have your brakes working It can be quite dangerous during single lane overtaking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
I agree with your logic in the sense that if I were going for a new Verna ....
You can see that the probability of failure can no longer be taken as 1/20000; it is clearly much higher, unless futher information is available to increase our confidence levels.
I understand the point and as I said, it would have been nice for service advisor to explain reasons of failure. It's more of this lack of transparency, which is shaking confidence in the car.
Old 29th May 2007, 18:57   #94
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
RKS, you like Mathematics right? Confess now.
Yes, I have graduated in both engineering and applied mathematics (done some research in the past in these areas plus formal logic). What I have said is basic stuff that is easily grasped without any training and probably taught in freshman courses.
Old 29th May 2007, 19:07   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Sam, didn't you have an RS? Seen your mails on BRISKODA. Bomi.
No, I have never owned a Skoda. Whoever said he saw me do it is a liar and cannot prove it.

Last edited by ajmat : 29th May 2007 at 20:21.
Old 29th May 2007, 19:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Guys,

I feel people have a lot of spare time on hand and have nothing better to do than attack companies at the drop of a pin. They make & pass comments without even knowing what it takes. A PDI responsible for faulty axle which never had a problem for a couple of months, checking of tolerances of spares at workshop level. Get real guys.

IMO the thread has served its purpose and needs to be closed.

Viper
IMHO

Most of us here are here coz we have a passion for cars & NOT because we have spare time. We are voicing an issue that needs to be adressed. Kindly view the issue in the right light & spirit.

Cheers
Old 29th May 2007, 19:14   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Dear Sir,

Kindly take this in the right light & spirit

Cheers
Hey,

Point taken in the right spirit. What I was trying to highlight was a relative small issue being blown out of proportion by statements for which a workshop has no control over not by Sam but by others. Maybe my choice of words was not appropriate and am sorry if I offended anyone.

What Sam did was 100% correct and the matter should be taken up.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 29th May 2007 at 19:21.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:29   #98
Senior - BHPian

so,

the car is good.
the part is good.
the service and after sale service is good.

one freak accident !!

now,

Sam, Do you have any enemies? have you faced any other freak incidents?

just trying to find more clues as to why it may have happened.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:50   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
WOW that was nice to get back your mat and wheel nut cover..!!
You dont know how mad I am.
Old 29th May 2007, 21:58   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No, I have never owned a Skoda. Whoever said he saw me do it is a liar and cannot prove it.
I think someone might have seen your picture with Winne the Pooh in the background (it was on TBHP some moons back).
Old 29th May 2007, 23:46   #101
BHPian

Well, my Hyundai Santro also had a premature failure of critical components - crankshaft etc. It's on the post below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-1-2years.html

Is Hyundai having a quality control problem or is it just that we have been the unlucky ones to get lemons?
Old 30th May 2007, 09:29   #102
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Dear Sirs,

I am sure you can understand that I am very upset with what has happened. I have lost faith in the safety of this car. I am not a mechanical engineer, but am well aware of how critical an Axle is to a car. I do not know if the Axle slipped out during my (very careful) usage of the car, or if the car was delivered to me defective.

I was using this car to travel from Mumbai to Pune often.

However I cannot drive it anymore now. I am worried that the axle may slip out once again and endanger the life of my family and I. In effect I cannot bring myself to drive this car anymore, as I have lost faith in it’s safety.
I would like you to address my grievance seriously and restore my faith in HMIL’s products.
Hi SAM,

Well written mail. It clearly informs the concerned authorities that they need to respond to this incident with proper actions from their side. My suggestion would be, ensure that some one takes the responsibality for responding to this e-mail and track with him/her. In most cases, when a mail is addressed to more than one person, all of them ignore the mail, thinking others will respond, especially if the topic of tha mail is bitter one, like this.

The other option in this case, please get in touch with the consumer court, let the HMIL in the worst case make a commitment that it will never happen (which they won't), this will force them to replace the car. It is clearly not the one which can be addressed by warrenty as it involves teh safety of the users and other road users.

regards,
-manju
Old 30th May 2007, 11:08   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I was trying to highlight was a relative small issue being blown out of proportion ...
When something as serious as the axle slipping, happens in a new car, I do not think it can be termed a small issue. I do accept that it might be just one among all the Vernas released in India till date, but still it is not something that is expected in any new car and from a reputed manufacturer.

And irrespective of who the manufacturer is, I am sure the company would have attracted the same ire from tbhp-ians like Hyundai did in this case. We have berated Honda for issues with Accord (initial version) and for the silencer falling off on a brand new test drive Civic. We are critical of the various issues that crop up in new Tata vehicles. We flay Fiat for almost nil A.S.S. and delay in getting spares. We shout at MUL for keeping on selling the same cars for decades and the rattles in the Swift. And at HM for screwing up some nice offerings from Mitsubishi. We are also angry at Ford for their costly maintenance. In short, we hit out at all manufacturers here and the whole idea is that we consumers should not get a raw deal, given the money we shell out.

Even if what is happening is Hyundai-bashing, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. A consumer and one among us got a raw deal after shelling out some 8lakhs and is now even hesitant to use the car after this happened. Atleast our ranting might make the manufacturers more careful and result in better quality cars for consumers.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:24   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
A consumer and one among us got a raw deal after shelling out some 8lakhs and is now even hesitant to use the car after this happened.
A very important point SB. Tolerance levels are decided based upon the purpose of the thing in question as well as its implications. So when a 8 lakh rupee car (no small amount by any stretch of imagination, immaterial of the money I have stashed in my accounts) develops some problem, no matter how freak and easily repairable, and that has the potential to cause significant damage to life and property if it reoccurs in certain conditions then it is a serious matter. Moreover because of the possible serious ramifications of such an occurence if I loose my faith in it even after spending 8 lakhs I believe it does not remain a small issue any more. And the seriousness is not decided by the seller but the buyer who is now suffering the problem.

Hyundai IMO needs to see the problem in that light (and not an axle slippage that their workshop rectified in a few hours) and address the issue accordingly.

Last edited by Zappo : 30th May 2007 at 12:25.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:35   #105
BHPian

Quote:
My mistake. The BRISKODA posts were from sam b and I got confused with the names. Bomi.

Most Viewed