Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 12:56   #1
BHPian

Car Scratched During Servicing

I recently gave my car in Pratham Motors, Bangalore, for second servicing and on receiving it I realized that there has been prominent deep scratches on the front bumper (spread around 15"X5"). On pointing out I was offered a proper paint job. Should I agree upon it or is there any other option or rather a better solution to it. By the way they are going to paint 3/4th the bumper and not the whole one although they have assured that there will not be any paint difference. I am really confused as I am left at their mercy.
Old 6th June 2007, 14:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Atleast they accepted that the scratch came during the servicing, most dont even accept that and I would suggest you accept their paint job.
Old 6th June 2007, 14:19   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I dont think they would paint only that portion of the bumper. The shades will surely come out different. Infact, let them. See how it comes out. But make sure to tell them that if you ain't satisfied they will have to redo it again. Stand by your POV and dont let them get into your head.
Old 6th June 2007, 14:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ask for a bumper replacement and settle for complete repaint. Touching up would not go well & asking them to re-do it, is waste of time for you spending behind them.

Last edited by Surprise : 6th June 2007 at 14:41.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:20   #5
BHPian

Ask them for a complete paint job for the entire bumper, painting only that portion of the bumper will not give an exact color match.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

which car do u own ?

its good dealer accepted the same and has offered to do the repaint. as mclaren pointed chek out the result. if its not good u can always ask for a repaint..

i dont think it would be reasonable to ask for a bumper replacement...neither would dealer accept...
Old 6th June 2007, 15:40   #7
BHPian

thanks !! As per your replies I will let them do their job first and then if I am able to spot the difference, time for a new bumper !!

fingers crossed !!

Yes I am glad that they accepted their mistake. I wash my car myself most of the time and hence am aware of any scratch on the vehicle. If they would not have accepted I would have created a havoc over there ... but I was surprised by their reaction which was like .. "that's ok .. we will repaint it and give it back to you" ... as if nothing happened or these things are usual !! Anyway, lets hope that they do a good job.

Will keep you updated.
Old 6th June 2007, 15:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
By the way they are going to paint 3/4th the bumper and not the whole one although they have assured that there will not be any paint difference.
Dont accept the delivery of the car until u are completely satisfied with the paint job...Even if u find a small difference in shade dont accept it...
Also while delivery check the fittment of bumpers for gaps etc..

Anyways what car do u own?
Old 6th June 2007, 16:04   #9
BHPian

Same advice here...let them do the painting and in case there is a change in shade, let them redo the whole bumper
Old 6th June 2007, 16:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Anyways what car do u own?
He owns a Maruti Swift VXi >> Solid Bright Red
Old 6th June 2007, 16:11   #11
BHPian

Yep Maruti Swift Vxi (Red) : First Car
Old 6th June 2007, 17:46   #12
BHPian

Get the whole bumper painted. You might only be able to make out the difference after the paints start getting older.
Old 7th June 2007, 19:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
thanks !! As per your replies I will let them do their job first and then if I am able to spot the difference, time for a new bumper !!

fingers crossed !!
All the best

You are going to have tough time convincing them, if you are not happy with the outcome. They try to convince you from all aspects with two or three of their men telling the same thing " sir, it has come out nicely. The difference in shade is due to lighting etc etc"

They had done the damage & its their responsibility to get it done perfectly. They are not doing any favor for you. My preference would be complete repaint.

PS: My dealer told me for a complete door replacement for scratches in door (not even dent) (iam serious). Thanked him for the joke & asked him to proceed with the painting job.
Old 8th June 2007, 03:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Ask for a bumper replacement and settle for complete repaint. Touching up would not go well & asking them to re-do it, is waste of time for you spending behind them.
I dont think they will replace the bumper for a scratch. But yes, there is no point in repainting a portion, ask them to repaint the whole area of the part that has been scratched. they should be happy that you have given them that opportunity instead of being too aggressive.
cheers
Old 8th June 2007, 11:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I dont think they will replace the bumper for a scratch.
Quote:
Ask for a bumper replacement and settle for complete repaint
Yes, they dont do a replacement for a scratch. But I wanted him to ensure that they do a complete repaint (ask for sky and settle for star )

Quote:
its good dealer accepted the same
There is no other go for them.

Before taking the vehicles for service, they mark all the scratches and damages on a diagram printed in the service sheet. And a copy of it will be provided to you.

Most Viewed