Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 18:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

Alternator bearings gave up:(

Couple of weeks back i had to drive through a flooded road, water was till the bonnet. did manage to cross that flooded part but after couple of days when i started the car got a weired noise alomg with the engine sound. got S*** scared.
Took it to "Whitefield Honda" and was told there that the alternator bearing had given up.

Actual problem was that, after i had driven through the water i came back and parked the car and dint touch it for 2 days. so the mositure seems to be the culprit.

anyways had to shell out 2k (Alternator bearing and some other bearing )

So guys next time you drive through that flooded road make sure you use the next day.

also people in Bangalore avoid Beml road when its raining heavily, esp the stretch after CV raman gate which leads you to old madras road.

Last edited by lohithrao : 6th June 2007 at 18:27. Reason: slight change had to be made to the post "a day" to "couple of days"
Old 6th June 2007, 19:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

Excellent point Lohith - Cars when kept in shed spoil faster than the cars in motion. especially after a rain flooding.

Also bangalore roads are a menace now after a heavy downpour. I have an Itch to start a poll for worst roads in bangalore after rains.
Old 6th June 2007, 20:00   #3
BHPian

similar kinda thing happpened to me with my m1000. drove it thru a foot and half of water....... flew to bombay the next day and came back 4 days later. when i started using the car there was this grinding noise at high speeds..... took it to maruti and was told i had to replace all my wheel bearings.

costed me around 6k for the rear bearings and about 3k for the front bearings. i felt so stupid when they told me it because i didnt use the car after it went thru so much water.
Old 7th June 2007, 01:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Those rear bearings for the M-1000 are SGP, meaning it is a suzuki part, hence very expensive, but you get these in the grey market for almost half the price that MUL charges.
Old 7th June 2007, 11:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Yes guys rainy season is very dangerous forour vehicles, need to be extra careful.

since i dont use my car on weekdays now am more worried.

but looking at the traffic getting worse as the days goes by it doesnt encourage me to use the car either:(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks