Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 12:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Found a hole in my Honda City's diesel engine

Very strange. My Honda Amaze 2013 diesel had run for 1.18 Lakh km without a single issue before selling it off. Not even a check engine light during the 8yr ownership.
Power and mileage was never been an issue even after 1.18L km. The only gripe i had with the engine was the loudness and refinement.
abhisekbit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 14:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditseh View Post
He sourced an almost new engine and turbo unit (keeping our transmission, and injectors) from a total damage accidental car,
Does this new engine (number) needs to be endorsed on the RC for legal purposes?
manchandap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:16   #18
BHPian

Super silly query : as reported the engine was running well, then can this engine hole simply be patched up via welding or another way?
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 11:17   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Does this new engine (number) needs to be endorsed on the RC for legal purposes?
Not sure if it is required, but usually in Mayapuri as per norms, you need to return the old engine to them which is then dismantled and your original engine's number can be etched to the new engine. I'm not sure if this is the correct method but this is what I was told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarkhan View Post
You might want to install aftermarket oil pressure gauge. I am not sure if your car is already equipped with Oil pressure sensor (I think it should be). It won’t save you from another hole in engine but you’ll able to catch if oil is getting burned or if there is some oil leak in engine
The oil pressure sensor is by default present in the car. Sad thing was that even when the car was running on no oil, still there was no warning light on the MID. I guess the warning lights are just for showoff while doing the ignition sequence.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks