Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2007, 01:17   #31
Team-BHP Support

Interesting! Bloody damn interesting. Almost sounds like a magic potion for cars... something equivalent to "what's that stuff" in which Obelisk fell. I gotta check this out now. Where do I get this stuff here in Hyderabad?
Old 6th August 2007, 11:51   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Oh hell you did!! Sorry I was watching a movie then and totally forgot about it.

You used this on your OHC, what were the before and after results on the compression?
Hi Ankit,

Do you think you can do a repeat compression test after about 1 tankful of gas and let us know the results.

Viper
Old 6th August 2007, 22:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was to cost me 2k per cylinder so 8k in total but I got a discount, maybe it was my enterprising nature or possibly being referred by Ishan! (But they don't deal in tyres man!!!)
Yeah right! They don't deal in tyres but they do work on my cars & those of friends so you'd get some preferential treatment for sure!
Old 6th August 2007, 22:36   #34
BHPian

Depndeds on how well you kept your OHC @ 62,000

I had the lancer flushed for the first time at 50,000 K, Never missed a schedule-STP for the first day did great next day, Clutch seal failed, So I had to get it replaced.

But After That I had the Oil replaced last month to Castrol Magnatec from GTX, So flushed it with STP again, keeping fingers crossed..! and guess what Nothing happened, The car runs great, sound great..No leaks !
Old 7th August 2007, 02:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Interesting! Bloody damn interesting. Almost sounds like a magic potion for cars... something equivalent to "what's that stuff" in which Obelisk fell. I gotta check this out now. Where do I get this stuff here in Hyderabad?
The description of the products on the website makes you feel it's like a wonder drug. Revitalizant for Fuel Equipment and for Petrol Engines is something that seems to be of further interest. Wonder how their lubes are, variety is good too.
You would need to call one of the distributors and find out for Hyderabad. Xado India | XADO | Engine Treatment | Engine Oil Additives | Reconditioning Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Ankit,

Do you think you can do a repeat compression test after about 1 tankful of gas and let us know the results.

Viper
Viper sir, I have to drive her till 500kms and then get the repeat compression test done again as the stuff works and settles in completely by then. I will update this thread after that is done but it might take a while though as I'm not driving a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah right! They don't deal in tyres but they do work on my cars & those of friends so you'd get some preferential treatment for sure!
Hmmmm.. Danke!
Old 19th August 2007, 04:21   #36
BHPian

UPDATE: I'm about to complete the required 500kms very soon.

The immediate FE I got after the work has increased to almost 14kmpl with 100% AC on in the city as compared to the 12.5 I got on the highway!
Old 19th August 2007, 22:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Dont get too excited about this "miracle drug".
As the saying goes - If its too good to be true, it probably is.

I'm not 100% sure if this Xado stuff is what i'm talking about, but it is what is usually used by a lot of dealers and mechanics just before a severly used car is to be resold on the market.
The thing is that the effect is not permanent, and in certain cases it may just suddenly blow through while you are driving, and you'll notice an immediate decrease in performance again.

So just keep that in mind.
cya
R
Old 19th August 2007, 23:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE: I'm about to complete the required 500kms very soon.

The immediate FE I got after the work has increased to almost 14kmpl with 100% AC on in the city as compared to the 12.5 I got on the highway!

thats an amazing FE for the OHC ( 1.5 i guess ) - really unbelivable. !!! but well worth the effort....
Old 20th August 2007, 02:17   #39
BHPian

@Rehaan: You are right about the stuff suddenly blowing out, that's exactly what I was told and so to drive the car really gently (revs under control and speeds under 50-60) else I WILL blow the stuff out and loose all benifits till it settles down properly. I guess the website also states that, so I'm very hopeful!

@narayan: If I can recall properly, the FE I used to get from the 1.5 was super a couple of years ago before the air filter or muffler, guess the driving style makes a big difference now.

It's 14kmpl now also cuz of the way I have been driving, but then im sure I have atleast some gains.
Old 20th August 2007, 12:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

just a query...sorry for sounding like a newbie.

I was reading xado india website, the gel revitalizant for diesel page. I want to use this in my Indica, but have a couple of doubts:

1. It says "Open oil mouth" does it mean the place where the engine oil is poured in?

2. It says bring the car to optimum temperature acc to chart given below. There is no chart.

3. Ankit said that Pandit guy used 1 gel in one cylinder initially. Now whats that? How can I differentiate between cylinders in my Indica? All i Could find is an engine and some openings. May be Petrol and Diesel engine difference?

Help Guyz....
Old 20th August 2007, 13:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
1. It says "Open oil mouth" does it mean the place where the engine oil is poured in?
It can be nothing else.

Quote:
2. It says bring the car to optimum temperature acc to chart given below. There is no chart.
Start the engine and let the temp needle rise, till is rises no more. I can see the table below, although the gel has to be added as per that table and no reference is made to the Temperatures. Engine should be warmed up and gel added as per table.

Quote:
3. Ankit said that Pandit guy used 1 gel in one cylinder initially. Now whats that? How can I differentiate between cylinders in my Indica? All i Could find is an engine and some openings. May be Petrol and Diesel engine difference?
It was a compression treatment given to the cylinders, you need to open up the engine to see them.

For diesel, its an Oil additive with a difference.

Quote:
XADO Gel Revitalizant is not at oil additive that changes the chemical composition of the engine oil in any way. Instead, it uses the lubricant as a delivery method to go where friction parts rub against one another. It does not change the properties of the oil, but does change the physical properties of the friction pair, making its surface wear resistant.

Last edited by dadu : 20th August 2007 at 13:15.
Old 20th August 2007, 14:18   #42
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good, but agree with "Rehaan". we will know only after the car has done few thousand kms.

But if it really works and is permanent it would be fantastic!
Xado India | XADO | Engine Treatment | Engine Oil Additives | Reconditioning Technology

Ankit please keep us posted.
Old 20th August 2007, 14:54   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
thats an amazing FE for the OHC ( 1.5 i guess ) - really unbelivable. !!! but well worth the effort....
@ between 50 - 60kmph 14kmpl is very realistic.
lets hope ankit keeps the thread alive with the compression tests
Old 20th August 2007, 16:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

thanks dadu, but Pandit used the same gel (though petrol variant) in cylinders after opening up the engine when its supposed to be added with Oil? this confuses me.
Old 20th August 2007, 16:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Dont get confused, there are many products for different uses by Xado.

XADO Gel Revitalizant for Petrol/Diesel Engines

Can be Used to Treat :
- Low-pitched dead sounds from the bottom of the crankcase, which intensify noticeably with the increase in rotational speed of the crankshaft (wear of the main bearings)
- Steady ringing metal sounds, which intensify with increased loading (wear of the crankpin bearings)
- Engine overheats
- Muffler smoke
- Power loss
- High fuel consumption
- Low pressure and high oil consumption
- Intense vibration and noise.

XADO Gel Revitalizant for Cylinders (used by pandit)

Benefits of the Treatment :
- Option to treat selective cylinders
- Compression increase in the cylinder
- Restoration of the geometry of the cylinder, removal of scuffs
- Protection of rubbing parts from wear-out at cold start
- Eliminates sticking of piston rings
- Decrease in noise and vibration
- Increase in engine capacity
- Fuel saving
- Decrease in CO and CH contents.

Quote:
thanks dadu, but Pandit used the same gel (though petrol variant) in cylinders after opening up the engine when its supposed to be added with Oil? this confuses me.
Also for cylinder treatment, engine does not need to be opened up, the gel can be fed mixed with Engine oil using a syringe by unscrewing the plug out of the cylinder, the gel is fed onto the cylinder wall and not the piston.

Last edited by dadu : 20th August 2007 at 16:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks