Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 18:00   #91
BHPian

Re: Multiple issues on brand-new Tata Safari Dark Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
Furthermore , one of the tail lights was missing which was news even to the Salesperson. And the strange part was that vehicle had Tata PDI OK stickers pasted on it. None of the vehicles in close vicinity had this issue of missing tail light. Salesperson was expecting me to continue doing the PDI there. I simply refused and asked the salesperson to find out about the tail light, clean the vehicle and bring it out in the open daylight. Was told it will take at least a day or two. I left the facility fuming at that point.
Am in a bit of conundrum and need advice if I should refuse the vehicle and ask for a different vehicle.
I think you should refuse the delivery of the vehicle. Cars coming out of the factory without taillights is certainly strange. I think it is a part of the cleanup job by the dealership as documented in this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5242244 (What happens before you do your PDI? The innocence of new car buyers)
AB10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 18:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
I simply refused and asked the salesperson to find out about the tail light, clean the vehicle and bring it out in the open daylight. Was told it will take at least a day or two. I left the facility fuming at that point.
I think you should not take delivery of this vehicle and I would be scared of even buying a car from this dealership. I am speculating that they used the tail light for some other car in urgency. Even BHPians have a few times posted that the service centre took parts from a brand new car (for testing or for part replacement).

For anyone reading this, I have a personal suggestion regarding PDI that it is ok to witness a dirty car in a stockyard. Atleast it has not been used for test drives.

Secondly, why should anyone wash cars in a stockyard. There is no sense in fuming over a dirty car (OP left angrily because of the missing tail light) and expecting SA to wash the car (maybe thats why dealerships dont prefer stockyard PDIs these days). Just ask for a bucket or bottle of water and request them to clean a panel that you wish to examine more closely.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 02:57   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

For anyone reading this, I have a personal suggestion regarding PDI that it is ok to witness a dirty car in a stockyard. Atleast it has not been used for test drives.

Secondly, why should anyone wash cars in a stockyard. There is no sense in fuming over a dirty car (OP left angrily because of the missing tail light) and expecting SA to wash the car (maybe thats why dealerships dont prefer stockyard PDIs these days). Just ask for a bucket or bottle of water and request them to clean a panel that you wish to examine more closely.
Appreciate the insight. To clarify on this point, the expectation was not to find a car in pristine condition at location but in a reasonably clean state to inspect for any scratches. As a matter of fact, the floor space was co-shared by Jeep vehicles which I passed earlier and were fairly clean enough to do a PDI without any apprehension. And instead of a bucket of water, it is usually more practical to request to have the vehicle taken to the washing bay for a basic clean up to make inspection process quick and easy.
Adamantium is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 19:16   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Is there any iPhone around that you can try and see if the restarts disappear?
Switching from Android Auto to Apple CarPlay did the trick for me. I use Carplay with original apple cable and never faced infotainment issues post the switch. Android auto on my oneplus was extremely buggy.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 20:05   #95
BHPian

Its very sad to see new cars like these are affected and no proper PDI are conducted from the manufacturer. I believe, Its high time now to have some kind of law to protect buyers from facing such issues. Either, buyers should get priority service or refund/replacement. Can online petition for such law be raised and turn some attention from our ministry ?
RaviGowda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks