Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2022, 08:53   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
When moving at low revs, the compressor trips off and temperature starts to rise. In the video, the Taigun owner has demonstrated the AC issue with the help of a digital temperature meter.
Spot on, saw the video and seems like the compressor trips below a certain rpm.
Exactly what I experienced with my split AC when the compressor used to trip due to loose wiring contacts.

To me, this doesn't seem like a fault but intentional to reduce engine load else that car running on the 1.0, without turbo, will be a pain to drive.
Why did Skoda make this decision (if its not a fault) for India is beyond me.
And the less said about the "millions of kms of testing" the better.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 10:56   #77
BHPian

Looks like VW-Skoda finally decided to work on it, can't wait to hear back from the service centres. I really hope it's a concrete solution. https://www.rushlane.com/amp/skoda-w...7w_hXoqyfTbUuY
adigup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 12:51   #78
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun owner shares a hack to fix AC cooling issue but I am confused. AC compressor cut-off depends on engine RPM rather than selected gear.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun : Ineffective air-conditioning-286790270_10160389813521098_3063494509511474057_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 12:32   #79

Dear Taigun owners,

I have booked VW Taigun AT Topline 1.0. After reading through the thread I am worried should I go with it or stick to my back-up Tata Nexon MT.
Old 9th June 2022, 23:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Dear Taigun owners,

I have booked VW Taigun AT Topline 1.0. After reading through the thread I am worried should I go with it or stick to my back-up Tata Nexon MT.
AT variants do not have much of this problem. And as VW has admitted that there is a problem, we can expect it to be solved soon.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:36   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Spot on, saw the video and seems like the compressor trips below a certain rpm.
Exactly what I experienced with my split AC when the compressor used to trip due to loose wiring contacts.

To me, this doesn't seem like a fault but intentional to reduce engine load else that car running on the 1.0, without turbo, will be a pain to drive.
Why did Skoda make this decision (if its not a fault) for India is beyond me.
And the less said about the "millions of kms of testing" the better.
Does the AC Problem persist even in Manual Knob AC of any 1.0L Skoda or VW ?

I've booked VW Virtus Highline 1.0L TSI, that has Manual Air Conditioner. Should we take it or not?
Other option being a Honda City 5th Gen Petrol
Old 10th June 2022, 17:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditjain23 View Post
- Does the AC Problem persist even in Manual Knob AC of any 1.0L Skoda or VW ?

- I've booked VW Virtus Highline 1.0L TSI, that has Manual Air Conditioner. Should we take it or not?
- Since I don't own one I cannot confirm but here's a link to a post which says something similar : TBHP : ashishk29 (Skoda Kushaq Review).
If its a compressor-ECU issue it should affect all cars, if not then probably the auto AC models only but just guessing.
Explore that thread and also the reddit links in it for more and latest info.

- Take a TD of the vehicle by letting it warm up by rolling down the windows and AC off, then roll up, AC on and head for bumper to bumper traffic. Keep low rpm and gears since someone reported that it happens in gears 1 and 2 but not in 3 so check that out too.
Post the TD decide if you want to keep the booking or switch based on what you experienced.
Update us post the TD.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:54   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
- Since I don't own one I cannot confirm but here's a link to a post which says something similar : TBHP : ashishk29 (Skoda Kushaq Review).
If its a compressor-ECU issue it should affect all cars, if not then probably the auto AC models only but just guessing.
Explore that thread and also the reddit links in it for more and latest info.

- Take a TD of the vehicle by letting it warm up by rolling down the windows and AC off, then roll up, AC on and head for bumper to bumper traffic. Keep low rpm and gears since someone reported that it happens in gears 1 and 2 but not in 3 so check that out too.
Post the TD decide if you want to keep the booking or switch based on what you experienced.
Update us post the TD.
Thanks. I took a TD but again they offered TD of the 1.0 L Topline Manual that has auto AC. I took the car in harsh traffic conditions, put it on IDLE after a run of 5-6 kms. The AC seems to work fine while the vehicle is in motion but it trips when in neck to neck traffic and also while it is running idle. ( You can feel suffocated when the AC turns off ). IT CERTAINLY ISN'T THE AIR CONDITIONER YOU WOULD EXPECT IN A 15 LAC CAR.
I asked the dealer to arrange a TD of any 1.0 L car that has Manual AC but they didn't have any. Luckily we spotted a new Virtus that had manual AC, although we couldn't drive it but we put the ignition on and checked the AC on idle condition. It seemed to work fine for 5-10 minutes the car was on.

Hence we are still confused
muditjain23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 15:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Volkswagen Taigun owner shares a hack to fix AC cooling issue but I am confused. AC compressor cut-off depends on engine RPM rather than selected gear.
So while on standstill you put it on 4th gear and keep pressing the clutch? Ingenious solution to a cumbersome problem. Not very convenient, I suppose.
Old 11th June 2022, 22:56   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
Looks like VW-Skoda finally decided to work on it, can't wait to hear back from the service centres. I really hope it's a concrete solution.
Very poor and irresponsible statement from VW. Do they think Service center will teach us how to operate AC better? Skoda has been more forthcoming and willing to accept the flaw.
Old 12th June 2022, 08:57   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adigup View Post
AT variants do not have much of this problem. And as VW has admitted that there is a problem, we can expect it to be solved soon.
I have slavia 1.0 AT and I also face random compressor cutoff in bumper to bumper traffic.
Old 12th June 2022, 14:34   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditjain23 View Post
Hence we are still confused
From my perspective the AC, across the range has an issue.
We have cases with the 1.5 and 1.0 cars, the only info I cannot confirm is that if it happens with manual AC.
Showroom conditions don't reflect the real world, please verify any case over a TD only.

If its a design then your car will experience this based on other variables.
If its a defect which happens at a later stage due to some component failures then eventually your car might have it too.

Personally I would stay away until they get the issue is sorted.
Specifically in your case if you really (with a capital R) like the car then wait else get the alternate.

Last edited by shancz : 12th June 2022 at 14:36. Reason: Ccl
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 17:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
So while on standstill you put it on 4th gear and keep pressing the clutch? Ingenious solution to a cumbersome problem. Not very convenient, I suppose.
Nope, will not help at all. Today in traffic I tried keeping the car on 3rd gear on speeds as low as 25 kmph and AC was a bit better. It's quite evident how AC on 1st and 2nd gear cuts off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Very poor and irresponsible statement from VW. Do they think Service center will teach us how to operate AC better? Skoda has been more forthcoming and willing to accept the flaw.
Both are indirectly the same companies so can't say much. I know it's annoying that sales and service guys are sending tutorials of how to operate automatic climate control. I am waiting to hear back from VW service center on the AC and ECU update that will solve this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitTran View Post
I have slavia 1.0 AT and I also face random compressor cutoff in bumper to bumper traffic.
Yes, a friend has Kushaq 1.0 AT he is facing the same. To be honest, I feel it is a lot more evident in the manual cars.

Also, I am pretty sure 1.5s do not have the AC issue and it's just on all variants and models having the 1.0 engine.
adigup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 14:44   #89

Having booked and waiting for Taigun 1.0AT Topline, wondering if it is prudent to accept delivery of "soon to be recalled" vehicle in the first place and suffer air-conditioning issue till a technical solution is worked out by VAG ? Like "rkponders", I was seriously looking at Nexon Petrol AT as an option, but chose Taigun for better automatic experience and space. Did not explore Seltos or Creta on safety considerations. Suggestions please ?
Old 16th June 2022, 08:57   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KannanV View Post
Suggestions please ?
Would suggest to take a TD and try to replicate the scenario and see for yourself since its quite evident now and then decide what do you want to do with your booking.
Let's see how and when they solve this issue.

In the meantime check out the upcoming Brezza and probably the Scorpio N to keep yourself engaged.

Good Luck.
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks