Team-BHP - accent FE issues
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   accent FE issues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/25093-accent-fe-issues.html)

i have a 2001 accent which has done 55000 kms in 5 years now. the issue is that im feeling my FE is very bad. i fill it up 500 bucks and it runs 70kms in that till reserve light comes on. as soon as the reserve lights come on i fill up again. so reserve i know is 10 liters for sure. i have also filled up 2 full tanks and in those im only able to run the car 275kms. i have a 2006 city CVT and that runs about 400kms till tank loses out and there is some fuel still left for sure. how do i increase the FE of the same. the car is driven properly no ripping whatsoever and all gears changed under 2000 rpm still this problem. i want to be able to run the car in full tank atleast 350 kms ? :)

The fuel line could have minute leaks. You could also decarb the engine, and clean the inejctors.

in my opinion try changing your filling station & always follow tankfull practice.

take your car for a tuning check up, including ignition timing, valve timing, tappet setting, make sure that air intake is clear of obstructions & a clean filter.

I think your getting about 7kmpl-7.5kmpl based on your outline. Firstly, my suggestion is to always do a tankful to tankful ( you will be able to assess the kmpl more accurately).

Next step is to check the fuel line for any leakages, clean the air and fuel filters and ensure you have correct tyre pressure and if you still get same mileage, change the fuel station:)

I have a Accent 2005 GLE, I am a very big fan of Accent ( old school designing !! ), I drive it really very very hard, I take it to 50 - 60kph on 2nd gear, and really floor it, but still it never fails to give me below 11 - 12 kpl ( in city with AC ) , on highways it gives me 13 - 14 ( this is with normal fuel, no turbo or speed )

I suggest the following will really improve your FE -

- tank full always from a reputed dealer
-de carb the engine as -thMAG - suggested, this helps.
-check the fuel line, does petrol smell come when you turn the blower ?
-get an extensive service done ( at hyundai, I got it done at 25k kms & it cost me around 9000 rs, but included changing diskpads, loads of other things )
-new filters etc.

I am 99% sure after all these yr car will give you more than 10, I tankfull always ( around 30 litres ) and it gives me more than 350 km's. Cheers :)

Quote:

I tankfull always ( around 30 litres ) and it gives me more than 350 km's
30 litres? Isn't the tank capacity 45 litres?

Drifter

I own a accent and its indeed a very thirsty car more so in urban enviornment,i get around 8-9kmpl under light foot driving and dont ask me what it returns when i rip her.BTW get the injectors,spark plugs,cables and ignition coil checked.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 467544)
30 litres? Isn't the tank capacity 45 litres?

Drifter

Yes it is, but I always tankfull the moment it starts going towards E. I have always been doing tankfulls this way and it always comes to anywhere between 28 - 32 Litres. I do not like bringing it really to the end.

Could anybody be pilfering petrol somewhere?

ok thanks for the replies. as for changing of pumps i have done that already same results. cleaning of everything and all still done. the tensioners were changed in tapid cover this year was serviced. its taken care of. how are u getting 12 and 14 kms to a liter i dunno. even my ezen i manage only 11km with ac. i dunno what all is mentioned here have done everything problem still persists.

The accent is known to give a poor FE on congested city roads ( especially Mumbai) ...one of my freinds who used to travel every day from Dadar to Churchgate used to get average FE between 7-8 kmpl.

~A

I presume you maintain the recommened tyre pressures, service intervals etc. and not one who consders 'all-the-world-is-a-race-track'.

In Bangalore traffic my 2003 model Accent 1.6 used to give me 9.5kms / litre (combination of both spirited and sedate driving). In highways it used to be 13-14kms / litre at speeds ranging from 120 - 150 kms / hr. This is tank-full to tank-full figures of normal petrol with ac always on.

By that standards, the FE you have seems less and warrants a thorough look-in by the Hyundai guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 467613)
Yes it is, but I always tankfull the moment it starts going towards E. I have always been doing tankfulls this way and it always comes to anywhere between 28 - 32 Litres. I do not like bringing it really to the end.

Well, its no harm for the car to reach the reserve ( 7-8 litres) before you tank up again. As soon as the warning light comes up, it can be filled. However, i agree we should never drive till we expend the last drop of petrol/diesel

still stuck here 3 full tanks about 1500 - 1800 bux fuel. last i filled was 1500rs. and used for 200kms and meter is down. reserve is still not on. what the hell is wrong no ripping no thing and this still. oil seems to be comin out as well from the cap on top.

I get around 9.5 Km/Lit in heavy Bangalore traffic and around 14 on highways, in both cases AC is always on.

Experiment with some petrol stations and also make sure what time you tank up your car, do it in the morning or late in the night as volume of the fuel increases with increase in temperature.

If this doesn't help than you are due for a service.