Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 10:33   #31
Team-BHP Support

get the mikuni ones its worth it
Old 24th June 2007, 00:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Though i m not exactly facing the same problem but i dont know its electrical or mechanical and since i thought i ll use this thread as its in the same lines.
Since about 1 nd half months i m facing this problem in which the car is running perfectly but shuts out abrubtly at anytime.It shuts down when its on idle,accelerating,crusing anytime and after it shuts down it starts back in the very first crank and behaves as if nothing happened.Have shown thrice to the service station guys and everytime they go like we ve fixed it and it runs perfectly for 300 to 400 km after which it starts stalling again and there is no fix time inbetween the stalls.
Yesterday had given the car for the ac job and that time had mentioned to them about the stalling and they said they ll look into it.Got the car back and upon enquiring what did they do about the stalling problem the service advisor told me he had opened the carb and cleaned the jets and that the problem would not be back.
After that used the car the next day for a 70 km traffic filled trip with the ac on 100% of the time.As soon as we were about to reach home the car started jerking whenever i pressed the accelerator but at idle it felt like it was missing a beat and since home was very near parked it.
Started it again the next day and was near the house when it was raining cats and dogs and at the signal the engine stopped and to my horror refused to start back.With heaving traffic behind my A** i cranked cranked and the engine would start for a second and shutdown.For 5 min this ordeal continued after which she started and the service station was right ahead.It was 7:30 and they had shutdown and they asked me to drop it on monday.Continued on my journey and she stalled many times in between but now she was starting in the very first crank after the stalls.
Also since sometime after the car is started the brake oil light and the alternator light remain dimly lit on the dashboard for around 8 to 10 min after the engine was started and disapper after that.The service station guys have checked the charging too and it is perfect.
I really want to be armed with some information of what it could be before i could go the service station again on monday as the rains are here and i really dont want to be stuck up somewhere with a non starting engine.Please help

Last edited by humyum : 24th June 2007 at 00:14.
Old 24th June 2007, 11:43   #33
BHPian

Humyum
1) Get the alternator checked that it is giving the right power - i think the right power is around 14
2) Get the battery gravity checked
3) Get the fuel pump checked - the fuel supply might be the problem
4) Get the fuel injectors cleaned
Old 24th June 2007, 17:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

1)Yep Alternator is giving the right power
2)Battery is brand new
3)Fuel pump yes i ll get that checked tomorrow but then how will the service station guys diagonise this as the whenever we for a test drive with the service advisor inside it never stalls.And if its the fuel pump will the car crank back in the very next crank after it stalls?
4)its a carburated 800
Old 24th June 2007, 22:19   #35
BHPian

I am not sure but will checking the whole self circuit help; may be there is a problem there. Other TBHPians might comment.
Old 24th June 2007, 22:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Check your fuel i think some problem with the quality of fuel used but when the car is in motion battery has no say so it can be mostly the fuel pump.
Old 25th June 2007, 09:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Now there is a twist in the tail.The service advisor feels that the keyhole has play and is letting go of current because of which the stalling?After the car starts is the current continiously passing through the keyhole and if there is break the car shuts off is what i could understand from what the service advisor said..what do u guys think?

Last edited by humyum : 25th June 2007 at 09:24.
Old 25th June 2007, 10:18   #38
BHPian

yup..same problem i had with my santro. Fuel pump was cleaned. So much 'kachra' was present in it. !
Old 25th June 2007, 21:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

The service station guy sprayed some solution in the keyhole and told me mostly the problem should not reoccur and during the half and hour i drove after that she did not shutdown even once.But when i started her once again in the evening she kept dying and finally changin the ignition switch mechanism tomorrow.Any idea about the pricing?
Old 25th June 2007, 22:07   #40
BHPian

well keyhole might have play. but how does it relate to current? I mean does it have anything to do with the starter circuit?
Old 25th June 2007, 22:09   #41
BHPian

btw humyum your problem is similar to mine.
I have a santro xing. My problem was the wirings of CKB sensor was faulty. THe A.S.S. guys found it out easily coz of the onboard ECU. Mayb you have a similar problem.
Old 26th June 2007, 16:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainak View Post
well keyhole might have play. but how does it relate to current? I mean does it have anything to do with the starter circuit?
Yeah it has play so it when u go over a bump or bad roads it stops the current supply for a second and thus the engine stalls.
Also maybe it has developed rust inside and its loosing contact for a fraction of a second and thus the engine is stalling.
Also in my situation if the key was not inserted properly sometimes the oil pressure light used to not come on at all before the start and i had to keep shifting the position of the key to make it come.
Anways i have changed the entire lock set today.Cost me 700 bucks and is of the company minda.
Now ill drive around and see if anything else crops up which i think it should not.
Thanks everyone for all the help
Old 28th May 2008, 16:54   #43
BHPian

an issue thats come up lately
while driving my car, sometimes the AC and stereo goes off and on.
Doesnt happen often though, once when i jammed my brakes at a bump, i noticed clearly that the AC and the stereo completely switched off and came back ON again.

Where could the issue be?
Old 28th May 2008, 17:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

Seems some electrical malfunction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post
Doesnt happen often though, once when i jammed my brakes at a bump, i noticed clearly that the AC and the stereo completely switched off and came back ON again.

Old 29th May 2008, 11:22   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_mclaren View Post

check the harness where the ac controls and stereo get connected behind the stereo inside the dash.
btw have you done any diy on the stereo recently or has any wires been pulled down around the pedal area / front passenger firewall area.

Most Viewed