Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 13:10   #1
Senior - BHPian

Transmission failure in brand-new Tata Nexon

Thanks to Hariprasanth for sending in the details. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I bought a new Tata Nexon on 20/4/2022 (Wednesday) from Truesaiworks, Hosur. They delivered a vehicle with a manufacturing defect.

On the very first day, I experienced (check engine symbol) sensor-related issues in my car with 50 km on the odo. The same evening I visited the dealership with my car to get rid of the issues, but the dealership service people's response was pathetic, they misbehaved and they wouldn't find out or rectify the issue.

So the next day I filed a complaint with Tata Motors customer care and when I visited the dealership with my car at that time they were in a hurry to get the satisfaction letter signed, but not in a hurry to resolve the issue in my car. After many arguments, they temporarily cleared the error shown in the diagnostic tool and handed over the vehicle, but the same evening the check engine symbol came back on once again. I called the dealership Service GM Arulanand and informed him of the issues, he asked me to get the vehicle back to the dealership and I said I will bring it on Monday.

On Sunday, I experienced a new humming noise coming from the power unit so the next day morning (Monday) I visited the dealership regarding both issues. After a lot of drama, they told me that two sensors were malfunctioning and needed to be replaced, along with replacing the complete transmission assembly as well.

They ordered the parts and got it replaced, but I don't understand how a 50 km old car can face engine sensor issues and a transmission failure after 900 km. The car is still parked in the dealership. I spoke to Tata Motors Regional Heads and both responded in a bad manner. They are not accepting that this issue is because of manufacturing defects. They are like do whatever you want to, this is how Tata deals with their customers, So pathetic!

So the vehicle is still in the dealership, and I don't have the trust to get the vehicle back (defective vehicle). The car doesn't match manufacturing standards as mentioned by Tata Motors & I feel unsafe with this car.
Transmission failure in brand-new Tata Nexon-tatanexontransmissionfailure1.jpg

Transmission failure in brand-new Tata Nexon-tatanexontransmissionfailure2.jpg

Transmission failure in brand-new Tata Nexon-tatanexontransmissionfailure3.jpg
RahulNagaraj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 15:02   #2
BHPian

Re: Transmission failure in brand-new Tata Nexon

Sorry to hear about your ordeal!

Is this a manual or an AMT car, diesel or petrol? Sorry, with my limited knowledge, could not figure out from the pictures.

The least Tata can do, apart from being polite and owning up the mistake is offer to take the car back and provide a new car to the owner. 900km is too short a distance for such a catastrophic gear box failure!
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 19:30   #3
BHPian

Something doesn't add up. From the narrative, it seems to me that the OP had done a 850 KM trip with a check engine light; not advisable in any circumstances. I fear that that could be compounded the original problem, causing transmission failure.

In anycase, such a brand new car must not develop such niggles, Tata must not compromise on quality
buzzy_boy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 20:27   #4
BHPian

The post somehow feels incomplete, missing lot of details and an obscure picture of a sheared bolt?

I see a pattern here. Neglect a minor issue, wait till the last minute to snowball it into something bigger, dump the blame on the dealer and manufacturer, and if things do not go their way then threaten to use social media platforms and reputed forums to degrade and maintain an upper hand in the bargain. Obviously, the dealer or manufacturer will bolt and try to hush up fearing bad publicity. Afterall who is even willing to hear their part?!

I am not saying that this is a such a case. But have come across many cases on the internet which I suspect are of the same nature. Wish OP gets a quick resolution.
corvus corax is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 15:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
The post somehow feels incomplete, missing lot of details and an obscure picture of a sheared bolt?

I see a pattern here. Neglect a minor issue, wait till the last minute to snowball it into something bigger, dump the blame on the dealer and manufacturer, and if things do not go their way then threaten to use social media platforms and reputed forums ….

I agree that post feels incomplete. The customer needs to share more around the model and how exactly the events unfolded.

Having said that it’s unfair to point finger to the OP, who has just spent more than a million rupees and got a sub par experience to say the least. Given other experiences in the forum, I am inclined to give customer the benefit of the doubt for now. When a car is delivered fresh out of the showroom, at the minimum , regardless of usage, it needs to run for a few thousand KMs with out throwing up Check engine light.

Tata needs to be addressing this on priority. Fact is Tata is selling a huge volume of vehicles with out a commensurate increase in servicing capacity. Just today I learnt that the waiting period in Tata service
Center is > 3 weeks for my car to get serviced.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 20:55   #6
BHPian

The engine check light came up at 50 km. The service center did not do enough to sort this out. Instead they wanted a clean chit from the customer. I blame the service centre. This callous attitude is common, as reported by many, across Tata service centers. Let's call a spade a spade.
Old 26th April 2023, 15:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Any update on this?

Whether the issue has been resolved or pending.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks