Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2022, 23:38   #16

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2013 Honda Amaze Diesel(95k KM done)

- The AC on-off switch does not work. Got it replaced twice, but its gone bad again. Have to turn the blower speed to zero to switch off the AC.

- There is no clicking sound whenever I put on the indicators. Honda ASS has no clue what's wrong. They just say "an entire assembly" costing around 35,000 has to be changed to resolve this issue. They will not say what's the name of this assembly. Have been living with this issue for about 40k or so KMs. The downside is, I have to remember to turn off the indicator after changing lanes, etc.
metalheadnomad is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 23:46   #17
BHPian

2017 Ignis 37k run: the front washer spray motor is not working. It failed an year back and I got it fixed. And now it has failed on me again.
Joelinf is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 00:16   #18
BHPian

2013 i20 AT - Front suspension might need some work

2017 Baleno CVT - Nothing. Usual rattles(genetic inheritance)

2010 TVS Wego - Everything works; Needs new tyres
MotoBlip is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 00:30   #19
BHPian

Manza MJD - one of the glow plugs broke and remains stuck in the engine. The check engine light LED is dead, so no matter what the check engine light never turns on. Needs a new set of tyres.

Active 2006 - FC Pending as the agent lost my RC card and DRC application was lost/misplaced by office people. It's a never-ending saga getting this sorted. Otherwise mechanically everything works as expected.

CT110 - fingers crossed, everything works fine.
SS80 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 00:33   #20
BHPian

Tata Aria. Is a permanent deserving member of this thread if there ever was one.

I bought it against the sage advice of senior members on here and it has fared exactly as they said.

Currently,
Alternator kaput
Power window switches
Seat fold and recline
AC condenser leak
Rear AC working just as blower
digitalnirvana is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 01:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArspeed View Post
2011 Corolla Altis CVT: 1,35,000 KMS. Engine Knocking/Choking when driven in highways in hottest summer months. System diagnosis at various centres doesn’t throw up errors.
Check if there is water/condensation in the fuel injectors. Physical check, not electronic.
mygodbole is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 01:38   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

Ship - Liners of all 6 cylinders of the engine need replacement.
Lol hope you have your RA's ready
Old 16th May 2022, 09:02   #23
BHPian

Seems trivial but for me this has become a persistent case of bad luck. I drive a VW Polo 1.2 MPI Comfortline Petrol 2016 Dec Model. Been 5+ years of fuss free ownership !

As of today, I lost yet another wheel cap recently. Its an eyesore to see the car without that wheel cap.

Issue -- The wheel caps on Polo just don't fix tightly no matter how hard you press and lock. You need to secure them in place with a tag tied around for long highway drives and unanticipated bad roads. The caps come off very easily. Now whenever there is a puncture, the guys at the shop cut the tag off and don't have a new one to put back. They keep assuring me the wheel cap won't come off, however I don't listen to them and same day I get the tags from somewhere and put it around the wheel caps. On those odd days, when I delay in getting a tag because of other commitments or hospital hectic schedule, exactly that day the wheel cap has to fall off without my knowledge. Exactly that day !! A little delay and I have ended up losing 5 caps so far. A new one costs Rs 2822/- . Currently I have lost one more. This is the 6th new one I am gonna buy I have finally kept hell lot of tags in glove box that may come handy, before I purchase a new wheel cap shortly. Oh! something I should have done long back. Have already lost 15000 behind this trivial issue. Rest car is awesome !

Last edited by vivek95 : 16th May 2022 at 09:03. Reason: Price correction
vivek95 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Seems trivial but for me this has become a persistent case of bad luck. I drive a VW Polo 1.2 MPI Comfortline Petrol 2016 Dec Model. Been 5+ years of fuss free ownership !

As of today, I lost yet another wheel cap recently. Its an eyesore to see the car without that wheel cap.

Issue -- The wheel caps on Polo just don't fix tightly no matter how hard you press and lock. You need to secure them in place with a tag tied around for long highway drives and unanticipated bad roads. The caps come off very easily. Now whenever there is a puncture, the guys at the shop cut the tag off and don't have a new one to put back. They keep assuring me the wheel cap won't come off, however I don't listen to them and same day I get the tags from somewhere and put it around the wheel caps. On those odd days, when I delay in getting a tag because of other commitments or hospital hectic schedule, exactly that day the wheel cap has to fall off without my knowledge. Exactly that day !! A little delay and I have ended up losing 5 caps so far. A new one costs Rs 2822/- . Currently I have lost one more. This is the 6th new one I am gonna buy I have finally kept hell lot of tags in glove box that may come handy, before I purchase a new wheel cap shortly. Oh! something I should have done long back. Have already lost 15000 behind this trivial issue. Rest car is awesome !
Since you have spent so much on getting replacement wheel caps, why not invest a bit more and get alloys. Will solve this headache forever.
Repsol is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:29   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Since you have spent so much on getting replacement wheel caps, why not invest a bit more and get alloys. Will solve this headache forever.
Or keep a pack of cable ties in the car.
mukeshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:30   #26
Senior - BHPian

XUV5OO, 40K km as of today, the wheel cover keeps slipping out despite trying all known fixes, aftermarket wiper blades don't last long.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th May 2022 at 09:31.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:36   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

2011 WagonR, 92k run - No open issues. Anything which goes wrong is fixed immediately.

2019 Seltos, 43k run - No issues. Might need a new wiper arm at the next service as the RHS swipe isn't smooth.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 09:38   #28
BHPian

2010 Corolla Altis, oDo @ 125,000 kilometers.

1. The wipers are due for replacement for 3-4 years but haven't bothered to replace them.

2. There is a baby rattlesnake in the rear parcel tray which is a simple 20 minutes / 100/- fix but is pending since a long time.

3. The front left ball joint is gone, but since every other component is new, I have not bothered to replace it.
Swapnil4585 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

With my Polo 1.6, everything is perfect except the famous VW Air vent, its has broken a few flaps on the driver, right side.
2000rpm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:15   #30
BHPian

In my car, thankfully nothing is broken that much. There is just this issue of fog on the edges of the windshield when AC is turned on, probably due to improperly refixing the dashboard after an ICE upgrade.

Also, a slight issue is there, the gear shift from 4th to 5th is rough, sometimes, when I try to shift to 5th, the lever gets a bit rough, and needs some force to put it to 5th, but very occasionally. I don't know how big of an issue it is, I think it's fine since there is no gearbox light on.
TorqueMonster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks