Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2022, 17:36   #121
BHPian

Re: As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?

2020 Hyundai Xcent Petrol 1.2 SX (Retrofitted Lovato OBDII CNG Kit) @ 20,000 Km: ICE screen display went kaput. Nevertheless, the ICE system functions as desired.
Old 17th May 2022, 17:38   #122
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Ertiga 2019 March, ~14,000 km as of today

Broken on the first family trip to Temple on 3rd day:
Magazine/Mobile holder plastic below central arm rest.

Image for reference, see the red arrow
As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?-ertiga_3rd.jpg

Takes some genius to design that part which is going to get kicked by passengers sitting at the back!
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 17:41   #123

1. 2012 VW Vento Highline Petrol - 38k on odo. Gearshifts are a pain last 3 years. VW service has changed 2 gear cables in 2020 and 2 in 2021, problem resolves for a few months and starts all over again. The gearshifts work normally for a while and randomly some shifts require a few tries before the gears slot. Hoping to fix during June service.

2. 2021 November Kia Carnival Limousine plus - 3.2k on odo - had installed a 360 degree camera setup through the dealer at time of purchase. Poor side visibility on 360 degree console. The installation of side cameras is at the base of the side view mirrors instead of outer edge of side view mirrors(like in seltos or other carnival 360 camera videos on yourube). Hope to get this fixed from the dealer in another month.
Old 17th May 2022, 17:56   #124
BHPian

Mine will be one of the rarer posts with issues mentioned against a Toyota

I have a 2011 Liva, bought pre-owned in 2019. The current crop of issues are -

1. Sound from the steering rack during initial left/right turn. I went to an FNG recently to get new wiper blades, he told me that the steering rack needs to be replaced. Not sure if the issue is that bad, but quoted approximately 32k for the part.
2. Left and now right front suspension clunks. My assumption is the control arm bushes are worn out. This also causes slight wheel mis-alignment over a few thousand kms.
3. Volume control knob on the radio is loose almost never works (thankfully I have steering mounted controls)
4. Engine has always sounded a little too rough to me but haven't figured or noticed any serious issues so I don't bother

2 of these are major fixes which should have been done, but I am hoping to change my car in the next couple of months hence don't feel like spending the money to fix these.

If anybody wants a DL registered Liva in and around BLR as a beater/project car please hit me up
Old 17th May 2022, 17:58   #125
BHPian

Hyundai Eon (2016-70,000 km)
Front and rear suspension needs overhauling,
Rear hatch hydraulic struts have failed,
Windshield crack at upper right corner
All issues will be closed at next service

TVS Scooty Pep (2008- 15000 km)
Engine seized. Will be scrapped
Old 17th May 2022, 18:08   #126
BHPian

Car: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross DDiS 200
Kms: 1,05,000 KMs

Issues:
  1. Pre-Heat system failure. Have been replaced twice previously.
  2. Steering wheel cover: Worn out.
  3. Rattles as with any Maruti car.
  4. Audio amplifier (aftermarket) failure.
  5. Wiper blades (needs replacement every year)
  6. Boot gas struts are weak

Replaced very recently:
  1. Gear knob
  2. Windshield (Front) due to stone hit.
  3. Engine start/stop switch.

Other than these, it has been an extremely reliable car with the few modifications I have made.

Last edited by sudeepg : 17th May 2022 at 18:10.
sudeepg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 18:10   #127
BHPian

2021 SCross - 10K Kms

Wiper Washer spray not working

Rattles - Squeaks - Rattles - Squeaks!

High Beam is out of Focus.

A small bit of the Roof Liner managed to come out of its position around the edge.

Driver side noodle mats ruined where you place the heel.

Sun film on the Driver side peeling off!

Not Broken but needs attention -

Dirt on the roof liner

Marutis not so sensible boot mat needs to be thrown out and replaced with some custom solution

That is longer than I thought it would be!
anand.shankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 18:13   #128

2010 Hyundai i10 Kappa 1.2L, done ~82000 KMS

Has largely been trouble free for all its life. Currently living with a few niggles:

1. Turn indicator does not auto-cancel now
2. Glovebox holder is broken on the right side so needs to be closed with some force. No problem otherwise
3. Interior light does not work when set to the "Door" setting, so does not light up inside when doors are opened

Everything else is great!

Last edited by Daks0606 : 17th May 2022 at 18:27. Reason: Added engine size for clarity
Old 17th May 2022, 18:32   #129
BHPian

I am tired of reading this very interesting, and very quickly growing thread. I wish we could summarize with data. (Though I quickly figured out that VW has AC Vents and ABS sensor issues across its products.)

We should have something like Consumer Reports reliability ratings, flagging issues with particular manufacturers, models, etc.

May be some smart techie can scrape the data in this thread and create some easily understood charts and tables.
Attached Thumbnails
As of today, what's broken / not working in your car?-screenshot_20220517183056_opera.png  

mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 18:43   #130

2015 Maruti Swift Zdi @129000 KMS.
Issues:
- Driver side window not working.
- Clutch overhaul, still running on stock clutch and the pick up has dropped considerably.
- Auto fold rear view mirrors doesn’t work on the right side and left side glass cannot be adjusted using the switch or knob.
- Suspension needs a complete overhaul.
- AC cooling not so efficient these days .
- Rattle sounds from back seats especially on bad roads is getting worse.
- A few body parts rusted.
- Headlights turned hazy.

What’s holding me to upgrade to a new car ?
- Having a vehicle without Emi and Inspired by GTO thread to keep vehicles for a minimum of 10 years.
Lastly, but not least exorbitant pricing of new cars and ever rising fuel costs.
Old 17th May 2022, 18:44   #131
BANNED

2016 - Ford Figo BASE 1.5 D - ~1,33,000KM - Hazard button stopped working after ants filled it up. I have bought the replacement for 300 buck and will be replacing it during the next service. Lock is not openable with key from outside on the driver side. A whiff of chain spray must solve that. Battery is past the year mark and might need replacement, especially since I will be mounting two single pipe airhorns drawing over 300 watts each.

2017 Ameo - No issues.
COMMUTER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 19:43   #132
BHPian

2001 M800 : Almost dies mid-way on first crank attempt. Fires on the second . Battery is close to giving up or maybe starter motor trouble (?). Seat covers are two decades old and are barely hanging on. Door frame rubber beadings keep coming off.

2008 Tata Indigo CS DiCOR : The serpentine timing belt is squeaking madly on start up. Subsides in 10 secs. No other issues or tantrums, for now.

2011 Tata Vista Refresh Multijet : Wipers are jumping across the windshield, but the blades are new. Possibly the windshield has bodywax reside. Needs a thorough windshield clean maybe. Factory-fitted fabric seats have outlived their shine, but intact otherwise. Needs new seat covers. Everything else is perfect and rock-solid. That rare Tata!

2012 Toyota Etios : The fuel light has a mind of its own and comes on when it pleases so. Fuel filter is new. Fuel lines are clear and did a 6 hour highway run recently. No performance drop. Must be a sensor issue says the FNG. Rear middle passenger's seat belt button doesn't lock. Keyless locking remote has gone kaput. One of the headlamps are yellowing. Factory black paint on steel wheels have faded down to the brown primer (or is it metal?), almost.

Yep, too many aging seniors. Hunt for spanking new replacements are underway!
Miel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 20:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

2016 Volvo V40 @35000 km - Left side ORVM doesn't auto fold sometimes and gets stuck partially folded. This happens roughly 1/5 times. Pressing the folding button fixes it afterwards.

2016 VW Polo GT TSi @40000 km - Broken central AC vents thanks to a driver i used for a few months when my wife was unable to drive.
Old 17th May 2022, 21:14   #134

2009 SX4 : Rear right door doesn't auto lock/unlock, need to open and close it from the inside everytime. Steering mounted audio controls don't work. The fuel filler cap release has a mind of its own and multiple scratches, dents, squeaks and rattles that come with 13 years of abuse. Yet it goes on and is still mechanically sound.
Old 17th May 2022, 21:48   #135
BHPian

2018 Tata Hexa XT 4x4: @90,000km Front left Shock Absorber leak.

2019 Toyota Yaris G CVT (O): @70,000km Front Left door alignment messed up. Rubbing of body panels.

2016 Mahindra XUV5OO W8: @1,10,000km TPMS failure, Reverse Camera intermittent failure, 3rd Row fold cable snapped on one seat, 2nd Row fold cable snapped on one seat, Front Left Window Winder broken.

2019 Interceptor 650 Bakers Express: @7,500km: Perfect!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks