Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:20   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Excessive vibrations from Harrier engine | EDIT: Tata & dealer replacing the car!

I was expecting the car to be fixed rather, its worrying to know that the 'fix' is to replace the vehicle at our own cost. Hope the new owner of the old vehicle does not end up in this same thread later.
Kosfactor is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:01   #77
BHPian

re: Excessive vibrations from Harrier engine | EDIT: Tata & dealer replacing the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilnitdg View Post
Hello Bhpians!!

Wanted to give an update on the issue.

After I sent emails to Tata motors top leadership posting them the link of team-bhp thread, I got a call from dealership Kropex Motors.
Mr Raghu Nandavarik, GM of Kropex Motors was very supportive. He helped me sell off my old car for a good price and then with minimum financial impact, I got a new vehicle. I am thankful to Mr Raghu and Mr Tanveer who helped me resolve this issue . Hope will have a positive experience with the new car
I am also thankful to all BHpians for providing me full support on this issue. It’s because of the power of the platform that customer voices are heard !!! More power to Team BHP !!
You should not accept "Minimal Finanacial Impact" on a car which has official warranty. You should have "0" finanacial impact AND you should be compensated by Tata motors for not having a car for 2 months in your 6 months ownership.
vaibhavyagnik is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
I was expecting the car to be fixed rather, its worrying to know that the 'fix' is to replace the vehicle at our own cost. Hope the new owner of the old vehicle does not end up in this same thread later.
Agreed, if it's a lemon an unsuspecting owner will end up with it and without the reach of TBHP they'll be in a similar or worse situation.

The car should have been fixed and then sold off.
digitalnirvana is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:09   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Understand your concern, as I said, I got the new vehicle with minimal financial impact with majority of the difference amount being taken care by the dealership.

Also, they promised to refurbish the vehicle with replaced engine, resolve the issue and then sell it in open market, which was a win win proposition for everyone.
kapilnitdg is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 11:27   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Agreed, if it's a lemon an unsuspecting owner will end up with it and without the reach of TBHP they'll be in a similar or worse
I have slowly started getting a feeling that most of the affected people find team bhp as a tool to have their issues resolved.

I just hope that new owner of the affected vehicle gets the vehicle after total rectification and not as it is.
scorpian is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:10   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Agreed, if it's a lemon an unsuspecting owner will end up with it and without the reach of TBHP they'll be in a similar or worse situation.

The car should have been fixed and then sold off.
Engine replacement was already approved by TML. The dealership usually have a nod from the manufacturer to assist in replacements in such cases, else no dealership would want to bear a loss and change the car.
For me, given the company already approved engine replacement, and I was getting a new car, I found this as the best solution moving forward.
Not sure what others would have done if they were in my place.
Also, to your point of it landing in someone’s lap , given the vibrations are significant, I highly doubt anyone would buy that vehicle until it’s fixed.
kapilnitdg is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 12:55   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Engine replacement was already approved by TML. The dealership usually have a nod from the manufacturer to assist in replacements in such cases, else no dealership would want to bear a loss and change the car.
For me, given the company already approved engine replacement, and I was getting a new car, I found this as the best solution moving forward.
Also, to your point of it landing in someone’s lap , given the vibrations are significant, I highly doubt anyone would buy that vehicle until it’s fixed.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the onus on you as you sold it to the dealership. They're now responsible to fix it before selling it off. Not you. You've done your bit.

It's just that with how things work, I would've been more comfortable if the dealership had fixed the car first before taking it as a buyback deal.

Anyway water under the bridge. I hope the new car serves you well.
digitalnirvana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 13:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Dealerships are into making money. They cannot survive losses for more than a couple of months. These are not run by billionaires.
So, they could always deduct the costs against their profits and have a net 0 effect on their Balance sheet at the end of the day.

So, money is not a factor that influences these decisions.

Good luck with your new purchase.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2022 at 07:10. Reason: Grammar
Mustang_Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:31   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians!!

After I sent emails to Tata motors top leadership posting them the link of team-bhp thread, I got a call from dealership Kropex Motors.
Mr Raghu Nandavarik, GM of Kropex Motors was very supportive. He helped me sell off my old car for a good price and then with minimum financial impact, I got a new vehicle. I am thankful to Mr Raghu and Mr Tanveer who helped me resolve this issue . Hope will have a positive experience with the new car
I am also thankful to all BHpians for providing me full support on this issue. It’s because of the power of the platform that customer voices are heard !!! More power to Team BHP !!
Still I m not getting feel good factor about Tata motors ASS. This is not taking care of customer by Tata, this is forum's influence. And still you have to pay some more for replacement, but think about agony of those who are not privileged with access to such forums and people. As it is said, Integrity is what you do when no one is watching.
Gummybear is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:23   #85
BHPian

When we buy a car ( We = me = most middle class Indian) with our hard earned white money especially in such difficult times with OverPriced + OverHyped Market there are lot of emotions and feelings attached to it.

No offences meant -- Personally I would never be able to buy the car from same manufacturer after being delivered defective product in first place. The pain they gave and time they wasted I do not think TML made customer happy. It was their Job to deliver the issue free product in first purchase only. They do not deserve the happiness of making a sale to me again and taking credit for it along with giving me financial losses.

Even though Indian manufacturers are coming with lot of new products I believe they still have to work really hard and establish themselves as Trusted players in market.
SinghBHP is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 18:28   #86
BHPian

Glad you got your problem resolved but kinda feel sorry for whoever lands up with your car. Notwithstanding their promises of replacing the engine and refurbishing before flogging it, their track record doesn’t seem to inspire confidence that they will follow through. Not your problem any more I know but this along with the other Safari thread and seemingly so many unhappy customers of a 20+ lakh car just goes to show (me) that TaMo still hasn’t fundamentally changed since their old Indica days. We owned the first two generations of Indica way back. In fact one still sits unused in our garage (for various reasons). Excellent build quality in terms of choice of metal gauge and plastics (compared to other hatchbacks of the time and even subsequent models) which have really withstood time well. Awful after sales service and shitty quality control for everything else. They’ve acquired design and added a veneer of modernism but their soul and culture seems to be exactly the same as back then. For all those who keep bashing Chinese companies for their origin, I’ll say my experience with MG has been sterling in comparison and I’m very happy we went the Hector Plus route instead. At least we sleep better.
RT13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 00:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Although its good for the owner, I would say the solution was not ideal. Tata Motors and the dealer gave one more reason to not buy a used Tata car

While I sincerely hope the dealer replaces the engine, I have zero confidence that they will do so, and will sell the defective car with some temporary fix that will resurface six months after the someone gets this car.
NiInJa is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 04:21   #88
Senior - BHPian

Try getting a new faulty laptop replaced as an individual (not a corporate) and see how a company behaves. (Been there, done that).

When changing a laptop, which would impact the company by only a few thousand isn't commonly done, it is a big deal for a car to be replaced with minimal financial impact.

Tata Bashing is popular. Others get away with much more easily. We recently had a Jeep Compass failure thread on the forum, and no replacement was given - only rectification and some freebies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
I write this with the utmost regret, horror and, for a better lack of word, disgust. This is the second weekend I'm without the jeep in the first week of ownership.

You read it right, the second time in the first week of owning the car, it has been towed away...
The XUV700 and Compass threads are filled with issues one doesn't expect of such cars too. To me, it appears that Tata gets disproportionate flak.

~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Understand your concern, as I said, I got the new vehicle with minimal financial impact with majority of the difference amount being taken care by the dealership.

Also, they promised to refurbish the vehicle with replaced engine, resolve the issue and then sell it in open market, which was a win win proposition for everyone.
Mate, Congratulations on this resolution. I appreciate your positive and rational outlook. Please put this behind you and enjoy the many positives this car has. Wishing you an enjoyable ownership onwards.

Further, on similar lines:

- @kapilnitdg gets a new car with minimal financial impact, when one would typically have to do with only a repaired car. I think this is welcome.

- The dealership would have borne some financial impact, with some likely being taken care of by Tata Motors. Not a significant loss for them, I expect. Probably none, if compensated by Tata.

- Tata Motors gets to salvage some reputation at minimal cost - a win for them.

- The new buyer of the car would be buying it as a used car, so would be expected to do the checks - let us not compare this to a new car purchase. When one purchases an old car, one knowingly takes a risk. As stated the engine replacement as been approved and will almost surely be done before sale, as things are in the notice of Tata Motors. This would be as much of a win or loss for the future purchaser as would be when he buys a used car elsewhere.

Though such things are rarely ideal, I find this solution by Tata a way better solution than what was offered by Jeep for the Compass which failed in the first week, and then again (link). Had the same resolution been provided by Mahindra or other manufacturer, it is easy to imagine many rejoicing the minimal-cost replacement of a car as excellent; car which had run over 6k kms.

What I criticize Tata for is to not have better PR management for Tata Motors (other Tata businesses are at a different level - there was a whole political scandal around it!).

Last edited by Poitive : 3rd September 2022 at 04:27. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 15:32   #89
BHPian

@kapilnitdg good to know that you got your "LEMON" replaced with a new car with minimum financial impact. While given your situation, there was no second choice in the best interest of every party involved here. I would have done the same thing.

For everyone out here, TML doesn't have a replacement policy at all. M&M has one. I am not sure about Jeep though. So this replacement wouldn't have been possible without the dealer's intervention and coercion. So my great appreciation to the dealer to convince TML to the replacement while also bearing the appropriate financial burden.

All the appreciation to the dealer. My appreciation to TML, is only if this will be a starting point to change their attitude toward customers, quality, & reliability. Now with a strong product portfolio, TML has no other choice but to change its mindset.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 31st October 2022 at 15:33.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 11:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians!!

Great that you are happy with how it turned out! But as others have pointed out, it is sad that companies act only if blackmailed with social media, and platforms such as tbhp, and not as part of their SOP. I just hope the old car is not passed on to some unsuspecting soul.

Most Viewed