Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2007, 11:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I was so thrilled and i heaved a sigh of relief.
Thats a relief.. Good to hear that your car is back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
thanks to all for all the advice and suggestions. I appreciate all the support guys.
Youre most welcome

Godfather
Old 11th July 2007, 13:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Use some good fuel injector cleaner (atleast for once).
I've been using SystemG regularly for each and every tankfull no matter if its shell or any other bunk. It was the timing which was too advanced that was causing the detonation.
Old 14th December 2008, 20:34   #33
BHPian

guys i have a 2004 Accent 1.5L . Suddenly pinking problem has risen. Low rpm and at high rpm when u floor the accelerator. Hyundai people say thr is no timing adjustment in an accent so its not becos the spark is advanced. have tried system G in a tank full , driven 50 km since then but no effect. Anybody has any ideas or experience?.. Fuel pump motor has just been changed and fuel pump filter was cleaned. Expect fuel lines are clean also else thr would have been power issues. Spark plugs are company replaced 1.5K km back... what else ...anyone??
Old 15th December 2008, 00:07   #34
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthvader5000 View Post
guys i have a 2004 Accent 1.5L . Suddenly pinking problem has risen. Low rpm and at high rpm when u floor the accelerator. Hyundai people say thr is no timing adjustment in an accent so its not becos the spark is advanced. have tried system G in a tank full , driven 50 km since then but no effect. Anybody has any ideas or experience?.. Fuel pump motor has just been changed and fuel pump filter was cleaned. Expect fuel lines are clean also else thr would have been power issues. Spark plugs are company replaced 1.5K km back... what else ...anyone??
Could be you took on a bad batch of petrol.
If the octane rating is too low, you'll get a lot of pinking. This can happen if the petrol is adulterated. Drain the fuel tank, put in fresh high-octane petrol from a known good petrol station and try.

Save the old fuel. If it was not the problem, you can always reuse it.
If it was the problem, you can still use it as cleaning fluid.
Old 16th December 2008, 21:42   #35
BHPian

Well i fill up fuel from diff stations... and i am not sure this is the problem since it has been there for some time now... especially changed the filling station for this tank up... anything else anyone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Could be you took on a bad batch of petrol.
If the octane rating is too low, you'll get a lot of pinking. This can happen if the petrol is adulterated. Drain the fuel tank, put in fresh high-octane petrol from a known good petrol station and try.

Save the old fuel. If it was not the problem, you can always reuse it.
If it was the problem, you can still use it as cleaning fluid.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks