Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 13:43   #1

Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore

My 2013 Toyota Fortuner which is regularly serviced at Anant Toyota Indore has been stuck at the Toyota service centre for 45 days now!

We first gave the vehicle for regular service that included brake pads replacement and T-Belt Replacement. For brake pads replacement the service centre told us that they will have to polish the discs also and we agreed to that. When we received the vehicle from them the vehicle lost all the progression in the brake pedal and the brake pedal behaved like an on and off switch, also even after removing the pressure from the brake pedal and the brakes are still not getting disengaged! After that, they tried some petty tricks to get it done none of which were satisfactory according to the level of an official Toyota service centre.

Then they asked us to replace the master cylinder and also rear drums which had no prior issue! After that the situation got even worse, the vehicle has no balance while braking, the brakes are inconsistent and also get stuck. Seven times they have taken the vehicle and every time their response and their behaviour get worse! And on top of that now they are saying us to get an ABS module and sensors replaced worth 180000 which were fine when we first gave the car to them! The dealership service guys think that a 2nd gen Fortuner which already had average braking and now with inconsistent brakes is completely fine and that's all we can do!

Please help me out with what to do, I tweeted to Toyota India a couple of times and messaged them the contact details but no response after that.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th June 2022 at 21:09. Reason: Spacing and spell.
T-REX84 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 23:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore

Will like to know a little more on this, you took the car for service and had some brake issues or the service centre advised to get the brake pads skimmed during service. Also, mention the mileage on your vehicle.

As far as I have experienced, Toyota dealerships will not touch anything that's not required to be opened and go strictly by manual, except those crazy add-ons which are otherwise harmless.

I won't expect Toyota to answer like some other EU brands as they route everything back to the dealerships usually and it will be a good idea to escalate this with your dealer. If the branch you are having trouble with is a satellite or smaller, take the car to their main centre. If this is the main then try to meet someone senior at the dealership. These are pretty tough vehicles so you should be able to sort this with little patience and effort. Will not advise you to take outside at this point and instead ask the dealership to give you a satisfactory answer.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 13:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Will like to know a little more on this, you took the car for service and had some brake issues or the service centre advised to get the brake pads skimmed during service. Also, mention the mileage on your vehicle.

As far as I have experienced, Toyota dealerships will not touch anything that's not required to be opened and go strictly by manual, except those crazy add-ons which are otherwise harmless.

I won't expect Toyota to answer like some other EU brands as they route everything back to the dealerships usually and it will be a good idea to escalate this with your dealer. If the branch you are having trouble with is a satellite or smaller, take the car to their main centre. If this is the main then try to meet someone senior at the dealership. These are pretty tough vehicles so you should be able to sort this with little patience and effort. Will not advise you to take outside at this point and instead ask the dealership to give you a satisfactory answer.
We have lots of highway runs and we use the fortuner for that, it was just a regular service at approx 142k kms and they recommended to change the brake pads and get the discs polished after that we’ve taken 7 test rides and still they are not able to sort it out! I and even my elder brother have now no confidence in the brakes while driving it but the service centre guys say that its like that only and ironically then add always to that sentence that get the abs module changed it will get better! Im really stuck because if i get it checked outside they will then not take responsibility of any screwup they have done! And absolutely no help from Toyota India whatsoever be it customer care or twitter or even dealership level!
Old 25th June 2022, 13:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if we are able to gather what the problem is. What is the diagnosis by Toyota? Did they scan the ABS module for any error?

Some parts of the vehicle like master cylinder/ brake booster / wheel cylinders (rear) will not last forever , they could give up if there was some hard use or while testing as well. However if they do need to be replaced, do not delay else the ABS module will get contaminated with broken seals etc and that too will need to be replaced.
Old 16th September 2022, 23:39   #5

Re: Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore

Sorry for the late response guys, but thanks to Team Bhp we came to a conclusion with the dealership which might’ve been because someone in toyota read this and somehow a solution popped up in a day when Tbhp was mentioned when for more than 45 days they were treating me like hell and was specifically requested to proceed with forums and social media for my discomfort! Team Bhp to the rescue, Yaay!!!
T-REX84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2022, 14:33   #6
BHPian

Re: Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore

Last month 31st I got delivery of my fortuner AT (D) from Anant Toyota, Indore. Further if any help is needed do PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore-615658727606442b8951a0e3ce8e1cf1.jpeg  

Fortuner stuck due to incompetent service @ Anant Toyota, Indore-7b7cb392d72849d7993535ab7e7d82b3.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks