Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2007, 06:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
1100D good explanation but any idea how the turbocharger would not fail and just force the water into the engine without any damage. The turbo should ideally fail first.
The Turbo was not spooled up when the water entered.
Old 28th June 2007, 11:00   #77
Team-BHP Support

Just spoke to Ganges Ford. in short a horrible experience.

They have this false aura around them that they are the only chaps for Ford so I have no other choice.

The guy refused to speak on phone saying everything has been told to my uncle when he was there and I should ask him. He says he doesn't have time as it is peak hours and if I want to speak in detail I should call in te evening when he is free or come down. When i said I couldn't come down to see the car I was promptly told that it's your car if you want details then you have to find time and come down.

After giving him a piece of mind I told him that I wanted to speak to his manager to which he said he is in a meeting and is unavailable.

He says the reports on the repairs have been submitted to Ford. Also as per him the Fiesta air intake is behind the bumper and not very high.

Also now his story is changed to the whole cabin being wet when he had earlier mentioned that nothing in the cabin is wet. My uncle is really angry now as he knows that there is no water even close to the cabin level.

I then called up the 24hr Ford number and I am told the Customer relations Lokesh P. will call me as well as the Kokata regional manager one Mr. Sowmitra.
Old 28th June 2007, 13:03   #78
Senior - BHPian

thats real bad. i dont understand why companies like ford let their employees behave like this. I thought only TVS behaved like this. now i realise its becoming common practice. Especially with customers who are not very much aware about things would surely be taken for a ride.
Old 28th June 2007, 13:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

I think someone needs to visit the Ganges Ford workshop in person to take stock of the situation. I would suggest you ask your uncle to spare a couple of hrs and make the trip... physical presence always makes a difference IMO.
Old 28th June 2007, 14:05   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I think someone needs to visit the Ganges Ford workshop in person to take stock of the situation. I would suggest you ask your uncle to spare a couple of hrs and make the trip... physical presence always makes a difference IMO.

Razor, My uncle has already been there. The problem is he doesn't know any technical aspects at all. He doesn't even know what's a piston or con rod.

That way they can take him for a ride.
Old 28th June 2007, 18:15   #81
Senior - BHPian

man, thats really terrible. isnt there any t-bhpian there who can physically go? 1.2L to repair the car, i find it very hard to belive. my indica got stuck in water that was about 2 ft high, so high that when a vehicle went past in the opp direction, the water went over the roof :(, anyways, one driver just pumped the water out and we push started the car. this is after i drove the car through 1 kM of knee deep water.
And if you are saying a wagon R went thru, i seriously doubt their claim that the engine itself needs to be completly overhauled!
Old 28th June 2007, 20:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Razor, My uncle has already been there. The problem is he doesn't know any technical aspects at all. He doesn't even know what's a piston or con rod.

That way they can take him for a ride.
Ok... I think we need to step in here. PM me his details once again (name, cell no) and will get in touch with him.
Old 28th June 2007, 21:27   #83
Senior - BHPian

Apostle of change indeed!!

Quote:
Just spoke to Ganges Ford. in short a horrible experience.

They have this false aura around them that they are the only chaps for Ford so I have no other choice.

The guy refused to speak on phone saying everything has been told to my uncle when he was there and I should ask him. He says he doesn't have time as it is peak hours and if I want to speak in detail I should call in te evening when he is free or come down. When i said I couldn't come down to see the car I was promptly told that it's your car if you want details then you have to find time and come down.

After giving him a piece of mind I told him that I wanted to speak to his manager to which he said he is in a meeting and is unavailable.
I recently happened to read an article/interview with Mr Arvind Mathew, MD, Ford India in ET. Ironically, the article was titled 'Apostle of change'. Read what he has to say....

Mathew doesn’t measure success only by Ford's volumes or numbers on the road. “I want my customers to carry the Ford name with pride. If you need to sell 50,000 cars to get it, or any less, I don’t care. What matters is the brand needs to stand out. For me the brand is everything. In the last three years, we have made a significant progress on that front,” he says. “It is also equally important for us that our customers do not feel cheated on any front.”

Here is the linky...Apostle of change-ET Cetera-News-The Economic Times

Now, with the sort of attitude that the guys at Ganges Ford dished out, I wonder if Mr Mathew's vision (wish on ??) is being driven to dust by these overbearing and unsympathetic morons.

vid6639, pile on the pressure at any cost. Ford and its dealers have to learn sometime.
Old 29th June 2007, 10:13   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford and the dealer both are showing a non-friendly attitude.

However, if my uncle got into such trouble and I know that he does not know much about cars, I would not have him go and meet (or talk to) the dealer alone. I would always try to be there in person.

It's ironical but true what your dealer said on the phone: "it's your car so if you care about it, you should go in person".

The fact that dealer is not honest hust highlights the need for doing this.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, I am really feeling sorry for your uncle--Rs 1.2 lacs for repair---that too for a new car under warantee !!
I too own a Fiesta petrol car, and have recently driven through 1 foot deep water for a small stretch of 30 metres and did not face any trouble. I put it in 1st gear and drove a little fast, because I read somewhere that water may enter the exhaust if one drives slowly.
Now I am gonna be very careful.
Hope Ford walks its talk, especially in your uncle's case!
Old 29th June 2007, 12:10   #86
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Vidyuth, get in touch with Ishaan. Find out if his uncle/aunt/lady love/man love/sasuma/sasur whoever it is in KF can get you a free ticket to Kolkata . Go and give those guys a earful. If not, plan out a route with brilliant roads. Take mag and his swift along, make mahesh sit on those guys. End of story, atleast in fear they will get your car repaired under warranty.
Old 29th June 2007, 12:18   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops...
did not realize that you are in Bangalore and your uncle is in Kolkatta.
The incident itself was so overwhelming, I just did not look much at the left hand column.

Sorry...
Old 29th June 2007, 12:35   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
I recently happened to read an article/interview with Mr Arvind Mathew, MD, Ford India in ET. .
You have to be really really naive to believe what CEOs say in newspaper interviews. For all you know, the replies were perhaps written by the PR agency of Ford India.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:00   #89
Team-BHP Support

Only advice i can give is have patience and follow up with the company and dealer in your case.

Going OT: These incidents are common across all brands and dealership, its matter of who falls prey to all of this and again is reported in forums like ours. Using this against a brand might be lil unfair.

Getting response from a company having nation wide network will take time, hell i havent got the NOC for my Bajaj finance which was closed in April even after umpteen follow ups. Now i have shot of a diplomatic email to all the email ids in their site

In this case so much of time might not be available, good part is atleast ford as a company has acknowledged the request to interfere.
Old 29th June 2007, 15:04   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Only advice i can give is have patience and follow up with the company and dealer in your case.

Going OT: These incidents are common across all brands and dealership, its matter of who falls prey to all of this and again is reported in forums like ours. Using this against a brand might be lil unfair.

Getting response from a company having nation wide network will take time, hell i havent got the NOC for my Bajaj finance which was closed in April even after umpteen follow ups. Now i have shot of a diplomatic email to all the email ids in their site

In this case so much of time might not be available, good part is atleast ford as a company has acknowledged the request to interfere.
Yup Jaggu am just waiting for the response from Ford India. I guess the dealer is pi**ed off that I wrote to Ford india and hence acting uncooperative.

I'm just going to follow it up with Ford directly instead of the dealer. The only thing I was looking was for an acknowledgement from the regional manager in kolkata. Usually if you escalate with MUL or HM the regional head gets in touch with you promptly. I have done it with both MUL and HM and now know the regional head in bangalore personally.

I was looking at the same from Ford.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks