Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 10:26   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Car wash in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Auto, Any idea where we can get this steam cleaning done in bangalore, and approx costs for the same?

Ajay
On hosur road -- just before audgudi signal [if you are coming from city towards Silk board] there is a Gokul car wash on the left hand side.

Charges 200 bucks for a complete car wash + internal vaccuum. He also uses kerosene/diesel spray for the engine bay.

Cheers,
-SK
Old 8th September 2007, 11:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Here in India, steam clean is a word that none would have heard of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by traman View Post
Steam cleaning is the method that most professional workshops would use to clean your bay. Its hot steam that essentially cleanses most of your parts. High pressure water would ruin your coilpacks and thats not a pretty thing to happen. Ask around for someone who can perform a steam clean and you should be just fine. That might cost you quite a bit though.
Old 14th September 2007, 06:26   #33
BHPian

By the way, the Maruti website ( I think it's the FAQ) cautions that MPFI cars should not have their engine bays washed with a pressure was, apparently since there a many water-sensitive components.
Old 14th September 2007, 11:31   #34
BHPian

Speaking of engine bay, I saw a bit of RUST on the Engine supports. Is it normal ? I know that theres no water going from the top. Is it due to that fact that water / rain drops entereed through the grill ? Any idea how can we make sure that it doesnt rust again ?
Old 14th September 2007, 13:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Speaking of engine bay, I saw a bit of RUST on the Engine supports. Is it normal ? I know that theres no water going from the top. Is it due to that fact that water / rain drops entereed through the grill ? Any idea how can we make sure that it doesnt rust again ?

It is normal but make sure that the areas covered with rust ain't flaking.

You can use SONAX RustConverter&Primer. For further details please log on to Products :: Exterior, Paintwork and Chrome :: SONAX RustConverter&Primer :: 311200 :: SONAX

Please check with a methods dealer Methods - Methods Dealers for their availability.

Let me know in case you have problems getting the product, i can speak to a methods dealer at Chandigarh and arrange for the same.

Guys, any idea about 'compressed air cans available in the market'?
Old 17th September 2007, 14:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
On hosur road -- just before audgudi signal [if you are coming from city towards Silk board] there is a Gokul car wash on the left hand side.

Charges 200 bucks for a complete car wash + internal vaccuum. He also uses kerosene/diesel spray for the engine bay.

Cheers,
-SK

Hi SK,

Does he do "steam wash"
Old 18th September 2007, 01:52   #37
BHPian

At Tata Service Stations they hose down the engine bay with a high pressure jet of water after carefully covering the air intake and the horn siren with a polythene sheet.
Compressed air follows and is blown meticulously to remove any visible residual water.
No kerosene/diesel/engine oil has ever been used to clean the bay of my Safari.
However, the mechs tell me they are extremely vary of hosing down a CNG vehicle,so they simply sponge it with soap solution and clean with a damp cloth.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:32   #38
BANNED

Anyone used this ?

HOEC BARDAHL INDIA LTD.

What's your opinion ?
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Manually cleaning the engine bay with kerosene is the best bet.Kerosene is a good deterrent against snakes too.

Sticking to this after the snake came visiting.
Old 3rd September 2009, 10:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

Cheers,
-SK
I did not get this location. Is this before the approach towards the Dairy circle flyover from say Lalbaug gardens ? Please shed some light on this. Anyone ?
Old 26th May 2010, 14:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Reviving this old thread for a clarification:

I got a free wheel rotation/alignment and water wash for my Alto from MSM recently, for renewing my insurance through them. I had driven about 15 KM to reach the workshop, and it was taken inside for the alignment/balancing/rotation an hour later. The wheel job must have taken another hour, after which the SA took me for a test ride in the car for a couple of KM. He pronounced it OK and then left the car for washing, and I went to the lobby.

When the car was delivered to me a little later, I noticed the engine bay also had been washed clean. I am now worried that the bay may have been washed when the engine was still hot. The engine usually reaches operating temperature very quickly, within a couple of KM.

Could it have caused any damage to the engine? How do I find out? The SA said it is not a problem and will not cause any issues. This was 10 days ago, and car has been running fine since then.
Old 26th May 2010, 19:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Its not a problem, How do you think the car works in places where there are extreme rains.
Old 17th July 2013, 22:28   #43
BHPian

re: How to Clean the Engine Bay?

Hi Guru's,

As the monsoon season is about to start with a bit of shower every now and then in Chennai, I thought this would be the right time to bring up this thread back into Active mode.

The recent rains in Chennai has really accumulated a lot of mud and dust in the Engine bay area of my car. I keep cleaning the engine bay with water (occasionally mixed with Kerosene) and cloth. However, with so many latest products into the market I thought of checking with you all whether if anyone is using any branded products that are available specific for this purpose.
Old 17th July 2013, 22:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind6488 View Post
I keep cleaning the engine bay with water (occasionally mixed with Kerosene) and cloth. However, with so many latest products into the market I thought of checking with you all whether if anyone is using any branded products that are available specific for this purpose.
Get Meguiars Super Degreaser for cleaning the engine bay along with a few brushed and Meguiars Hyperdresser to shine the engine. Use the recommended dilution ratios.
Old 13th July 2014, 19:03   #45
BHPian

re: How to Clean the Engine Bay?

Engine washed and dressed a bit (plastic engine cover is in the trunk for now)
Attached Thumbnails
How to Clean the Engine Bay?-p1100912.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-p1100913.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-p1100914.jpg  

How to Clean the Engine Bay?-p1100915.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks