Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 12:30   #31
BHPian

Veeraj - Exactly my point, they have been pestering me since 1st free service 1.5 yrs back. I think the service engineer who takes the car is actually a sales guy in a servicing guy's clothes. They will try and sell you everything - from underbody coating or wheel balancing to 4-5yr warranty and after getting hit constantly by that stuff, you tend to fall for it as after all "hyundai is strongly recommending it all". I think the advaith ploy is now clear and I hope any more people don't fall for such tricks. I am not sure if the same happens at the other hyundai dealership, but hyundai customers in bangalore need to be careful.
Here's 2 pointers
1) underbody coating is not needed in bangalore or non-coastal areas
2) 4th & 5th year warranty, the normal ploy is it is cheaper to get it when you are in your free servicing period. The truth is you only pay 400rs. more if you opt for 4th year warranty after the free service period.

Cheers,
j
Old 26th June 2007, 13:15   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
ajaybiz, if u are asking me, i have spent the amount already. I may not need this stuff here in bangalore but my car is ready for coastal areas now for sure

cheers,
j
One thing I must admit, you do have a terrific sense of humor buddy. And then you seem to be capable of laughing at yourself. Thats really a rare quality to come by.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I am not sure if the same happens at the other hyundai dealership, but hyundai customers in bangalore need to be careful.
j
I have got my viva serviced with Trident yeshwanthpur,they didnt ask me for all these stuff and the service was excellent.Even during the first year i had gone to the service station many times for all minor issues but they patiently listned to my query without any mentions of these extra stuff.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:29   #34
BHPian

hey had been to hyundai showroom yesterday.
they said they have a dinitrol coating which is same as anti rust under body coating for 2.7k. Is it the same thing?
Old 26th June 2007, 16:07   #35

hyundai india site does provide numbers where you could lodge complaints
Hyundai Motor India - Official Site of Hyundai Car Products

dunno hw effective it is(or if there is any backlash ) thou once it did work for me..they had forgotten abt my car docs(insurance,rc book) for long time and after i complained,the advaith sales person came to my office n delivered it personally..
Old 26th June 2007, 16:40   #36
BHPian

Thanks Zappo
So guys I think in Bangalore, Trident is the better place to goto for servicing atleast.
Unfortunately, I have not asked my hyundai dealer on what this coating material is It cost me 3.75k + taxes = 4.25k. I can only say its reddish brown in color. i don't think this stuff is standardised and each hyundai dealer seems to be offering something different!!

Cheers,
j

Most Viewed