Team-BHP - Zen "Watery" noise
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Zen "Watery" noise (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/25461-zen-watery-noise.html)

All,

As the subject line states, my 2005 Zen has for the past couple of days started making some strange watery sound (by this I mean keep a bottle of water on the seat and brake and the sound that would come is the same). However, one thing that I realized is that it comes only after I brake and I checked if there is any water bottle any where in the car but its not the case. Nor is it the fuel from the tank as the sound comes from the right side of the car.

Any Advise what might be the cause of that sound? Brake Fluid??

Mods, please move to the correct thread if this is not the one....Thanks Apologies in advance

I see 2 possibilities here:

1. Its the fuel in the fuel tank that usually makes that sound.
2. RAIN/WASHING: Possibly there is water in your door panels. Check by getting the door pads removed and drain any water inside before it causes rusting. Also, check and get the door window beading replaced if this is the case.

lol..
The same thing is happening with my lancer from past couple of days,
will try the above solutions tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankitahuja (Post 476571)
I see 2 possibilities here:

2. RAIN/WASHING: Possibly there is water in your door panels. Check by getting the door pads removed and drain any water inside before it causes rusting. Also, check and get the door window beading replaced if this is the case.

This one could be the case. Thanks! let me try this out...

guy, I am also hearing the same sound, but only when i starts my Car. Whenever I start my Zen I can clearly listen teh sound of water stream.

Any Idea, why this is happening, I have checked my doors for any water stored there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruty (Post 484205)
guy, I am also hearing the same sound, but only when i starts my Car. Whenever I start my Zen I can clearly listen teh sound of water stream.

Any Idea, why this is happening, I have checked my doors for any water stored there.

Do you get the sound when you brake or just when you start the car?

Any update on this thread ?

Quote:

Get ac belt and drive belt checked
Same was happening with my mpfi zen in the mornings.

yup even in my zen also it used to come during morning times but now it went of....

check the ac belt,it could be the issue.used to happen in my zen as well.

There's water inside your running board guys. Same thing used to happen in my car. My garage guy said that the hole through which the water drains during rains was clogged and water was collecting in my running board. Unclogged the holes, problem solved.

Quote:

I'd love to listen to that sound when i start my car, especially living in a concrete jungle.

I checked teh AC belt, but still no improvements, I can still hear the sound whenever I start the car.
Adman77: In Delhi Summer, i can not imagine water lying inside the board.

In my case its just the water which had entered the running board. They just drained it and cleaned the drainage system of the running board (cleaned it of mud and gravel, so that the water doesn't get struck inside).

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 535889)
I'd love to listen to that sound when i start my car, especially living in a concrete jungle.

John,

That'll rust your car's floor (platform) and then can also see the lawn on the concrete roadlol: