Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2022, 00:29   #31

Re: Issues in my 5-month old Tata Safari | Terrible after-sales support

Sorry to hear your ordeal. No new car owner should have to face problems like these in the first place - tata's ascs only make it worse. I cannot help you with your specific case but I can share what my experience has been with three tata service centres in my one year of ownership: on average, they are sufficiently capable of doing routine jobs only - oil change, coolant refill, battery checks, clearing dtcs - stuff like that. The moment you need any non obvious problem diagnosed - their wisdom bottoms out. There's a clear lack of qualified technicians in each tata ascs I visited, and this is in Kolkata - a metro city.

I now recommend people to go to tata's ascs only in case car is still in warranty. If tata / their dealers stop honouring genuine cases like yours, then what's the point in regular servicing from them - and - their extended warranty (which i also purchased) would be a joke.

In my case, the horn doesn't blow if steering wheel is at certain angles - usually past 90 degrees either way. The SA changed the horn relay which fixed nothing (I believe the clocksping is faulty here).
Another case being my cars long term fuel trim hovering around 5 all the time (should be close to 0). The SA at a different asc simply said there's no dtc and refused to check further. I plan to take it to a fng later when time permits.

Hope you get a resolution soon.
dijkstra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 21:13   #32

Re: Issues in my 5-month old Tata Safari | Terrible after-sales support

Issues like this one give me sleepless nights as I await for delivery of my booking. I own a Toyota, my first car and I have never faced breakdowns or breakages in half a decade of ownership of my car. I'm very happy to see that there was resolution for this issue, albeit with a lot of delay. Kudos to the power of the forum.

In my fair defense, I've planned thorough PDIs of my allotted car and I've been doing the required homework for it, courtesy of Team BHP forum. Fortunately, the sales advisor has assured me two PDIs in my presence, one as soon as vehicle arrives the stockyard and another on the day of delivery. Also, I've talked to many of my friends who own Tata cars and gathered their A.S.S. experience. Luckily, the service center close to my house is the one preferred by most of them over the years of their ownership.

That being said, considering that this would be my only car and my daily drive for foreseeable future, news of such issues make me hesitant over my decision to go ahead with purchase. As if an inner voice tells me to save more money and go for Fortuner.
kmaitrey064 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed