Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2007, 09:57   #1

Matiz Overheating & Mileage Problem

Hi Team-BHP,
I joined recenly with Team-BHP.I own Matiz SG.
I bought a second hand Matiz Recently.I am getting mileage of 9KM /lt in City drive with out A/C.Does any one have such problem.What needs to be done to increase the Mileage of my Car.
Apreceate any suggestions from the team Members.I am located at Pune.Please suggest me some good service centers as well.

Thanks in Advance,
Kishore.
Old 26th June 2007, 10:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

That is very poor considering that I get upto 14 kmpl in my 1999 Matiz SE in city with AC on.

Have injectors cleaned, engine retuned, get air pressure optimal (I keep 30 in all my tyres). Use fifth gear as much as possible. The car uses up all its power in low gear with AC on, hence dense driving conditions in Pune may take away a couple of kms in mileage. Check whether your exhausts are OK (big problem in Matiz).

Search this forum, there was a suggestion about a Pune service outlet a few weeks ago.
Old 26th June 2007, 11:18   #3
BHPian

welcome to team-bhp kishore.....

u've not mentioned how much your car has run? how is the overall condition? since you've bought is recently, have u got it serviced yet?

you can perform following preliminary checks before u actually go to a professional service center:

1) open the air filter cover and check whether airfilter is blocked/greasy/oily.....if yes, replace it (costs arnd 150 bucks)

2) on an empty strectch race thro' second gear till 70-80 kmph,check for any jerks.....if yes, fuel filter and injectors need to be cleaned

3) does the engine knock? if yes, need to adjust engine timings

4) stock tyres need 30psi air pressure all over....check it

these are just a few checkpoints for DIY diagnosis...as suggested by hvkumar, search the forum to get service center adress/contact for matiz...
Old 26th June 2007, 14:19   #4

Hi Zakaaaaas/ Hvkumar,
Thanks for giving quick reply.
My car is 40 K on odo.It is 2001 Model.I recently changed the engine oil, gear box oil,coolent,air filter etc and did general service.
I am drving in 5th gear when ever possible.Also i am using A/C rearly.Exhaust is fine.Also engine sound is good.

After this service only i am getting this mileage.
My Fuel guage indicater is not working Properly.I may need to change the Fuel guage.I am counting the mileage from reserve to reserve.
Does this Fuel guage is the problem fro less mileague?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Old 26th June 2007, 14:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
My Fuel guage indicater is not working Properly.I may need to change the Fuel guage.I am counting the mileage from reserve to reserve.
How do u know that the car is in reserve? Is there any light which glows?
I suggest u try the full tank to full tank method...

Abhi
Old 26th June 2007, 14:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
How do u know that the car is in reserve? Is there any light which glows?
I suggest u try the full tank to full tank method...

Abhi

Yes, in the Matiz, there is a red light that comes on whe fuel is in reserve. Reserve to reserve gives you accurate mileage readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchittilla View Post
Hi Zakaaaaas/ Hvkumar,
My car is 40 K on odo.It is 2001 Model.I recently changed the engine oil, gear box oil,coolent,air filter etc and did general service.
I am drving in 5th gear when ever possible.Also i am using A/C rearly.Exhaust is fine.Also engine sound is good.

Does this Fuel guage is the problem fro less mileague?

Try cleaning injectors. In case you have not changed spark plugs, you are overdue for change - new plugs will imporve mileage. Try changing our petrol pump. And see if you can get quarter-to-quarter mileage readings too, so that you can zero down on routes for poor mileage. And if you haven't changed the fuel filter, please do so.
Old 26th June 2007, 18:49   #7

Hi hvkumar,
I searched the forum for the Matiz service outlets in Pune.I have not got any details related to that.Please let me know if you know any Service centers in Pune.I will check with them regarding the injectors and spark plugs.

Thanks in Advance,
Kishore.
Old 26th June 2007, 21:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Some extracts from messages regarding service centres for Matiz in Pune:

From Yahoo indianmatizowners group:
"There are two places where you can get your Matiz serviced , the
first one is Taurus Automobiles on satara road.They are now FORD
dealers but they earlier were Daewoo dealers and they have good
experience and spares as well, there being a slight problem . Sometime
ago I heard someone saying that they have stopped servicing Daewoo car
s that are not sold by their sister company Automart ( same premises )."

Also from the same yahoo group:
"The next one is Gargatte Auto Garage in Aundh , near to Medi Point
hospital..my personal experience was brilliant with this garage and
they seem to know Matiz pretty well..."

From earlier message in teambhp:
"Speed Automotive in Chichwad...
the contact person there is Anand @ 9822267486.... "

"however, getting parts is not that difficult in Pune...'national tempo' in Rasta peth, 'Narang' opp to Laxmi Narayan Theater, some spare-part shop exactly opp to Jangli Maharaj Mandir on J M Road....."
Old 27th June 2007, 10:35   #9

Hi hvkumar,
Thanks for the information.I will check with these people and post the Updated about my car Mileage.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Old 27th June 2007, 10:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Another fellow Matiz owner who is worried about spares.
Welcome to the club brother.

Quote:
My Fuel guage indicater is not working Properly.I may need to change the Fuel guage.
Don't worry Matiz fuel gauge is erratic. Better to ignore it.

Quote:
Yes, in the Matiz, there is a red light that comes on whe fuel is in reserve.
Are you sure about red light? Cause I think it is dark yellow with petrol bunk shape.

Quote:
I searched the forum for the Matiz service outlets in Pune.
Quote:
There are two places where you can get your Matiz serviced , the
first one is Taurus Automobiles on satara road.They are now FORD
dealers but they earlier were Daewoo dealers and they have good
experience and spares as well, there being a slight problem
Its Talera FORD and now they have stopped servicing Daewoo cars.

Kchittilla, if you want I can refer you to my mechanic who earlier used to work in Daewoo service center and knows Daewoo cars inside out.
PM me if you need more details.
Old 7th August 2007, 10:16   #11

Matiz Mileage Problem

Hi Team Members,
Thanks for all the members who gave me their suggestions to improve my car Mileage.I cleened the Fuel Injectors.It cost me Rs900.After this i am getting a mileage of 13Km in City with some times A/C On.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Old 13th March 2008, 11:55   #12

Matiz Mileage Problem After Engine Overheating

Hi Friends,
I have Matiz SG 2001 Model, 45 K on Odo.I recently bought this car.I was getting a mileage of 10 km and after clening the injectors and air filter it gave 12km initially and later 11 KM.
Last month i went for a long drive.After driving for 60 KM my engine got Over heated.I stopped the engine and opened the Bounet, fumes came from the Engine.I let the Engine to cool down and pour water in the Coolent tank.Water Vapours came when i pour and after some time i found the water is leaking from the Packing of the Engine.I took to mechanic and he told the packing needs to be changed.He did it.And there is no leak in the coolent tank.
From then onwards my mileage decreased.It went to 8 Km and i had another problem last week.Car was not starting because of Timing assembly was spoiled.It was replaced by mechanic.From past few days i noticed that my car giving 3 Km /Lt.I spoke with my mechanic.He told he has made all the adjustments and not sure why it is giving less mileage.

I has a feeling (not sure) that the Engine Exhaust gases are slightly thick.I need to do the Pollution check to check it.

So i would request team members to suggest me what needs to be done to improve the Millage.

Thanks,
Kishore.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

Kchittilla: there is something wrong with your car , as even the previous mileage of 11 & 12kpl is low for a Matiz. I am not sure who is an expert on Matiz. lets wait for a matiz owner to reply.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:44   #14
BANNED

Kchittilla.

We own a 2000 july Matiz and its clocked only 24000 kms, on an average we are getting a mileage of 16 kms.

My neighbour got one of the same model run 46000 kms and even that returns a neat mileage of 15 kmpl.

My two friends own a 1999 and 2001 matiz run 60000 kms and 72000 kms , and with a mileage of 16 kmpl each respectively.

This vehicle has got a good engine life of a minimum 2 lac kms .

Since the engines are made in korea and not a local make they last long.

Your engine can be diagnised by the engine scanner at some reputed Service Centres.

Even though it may cost a bit extra kindly get the car diagonised before jumping into any conclusion.

The Matiz is a fuel injected car and is totally dependent on the electricals.

But a great car to drive and maintain.
Old 13th March 2008, 13:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Since the engines are made in korea and not a local make they last long.
BS, Whereever the engines are made, they are the same. Come on India ROCKS BIGTIME

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks