Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2007, 10:05   #1
BHPian

Problems on my M800

Been using my 800 only on weekends since I bought it 3 weeks back. Clocked around 200kms on varieties of terrains and find the car pretty good and sturdy but there are of course some niggling issues.

1) We have these really huge humps at places. There are single humps but almost 2m wide. When only 2 of us travel, there is no problem at all and the car crossed it with ease. When even one more comes aboard, the car bottoms out. I have tried going real slow at even about 5 kmph(thats all the meter can show) but it still bottoms 90% of the times. Is the suspension inherently a little soft in the M800 or what could be the problem? I see that the ground clearance is 170mm but then why is it still bottoming?

2) Today it started raining at night and this was the first time I have taken the car out when it rained(that why I had bought it). So the windows started fogging up real bad. I never have my windows rolled up, it is always down but still the fogging on the windscreen was there. It was pretty bad too. Almost half the window was fogged and visibility was real bad. I tried the defogger on the car with AC on, without AC on, with cold car, with hot air, but still the fog didnt disappear. Whats worse was that the fog was on the outside and not on the inside, so I couldnt just wipe it off easily with my hands. Why did this happen and how do I defog the glass? Does M800 have any problem with defogging?
Old 1st July 2007, 11:21   #2
BHPian

Great... I surpassed the time limit for editing my first post.
Ok, I was about to clean my car, so I removed all the rubber mats. I then noticed that the carpets werent buttoned in properly so I had to get a little down and dirty on the car. Thats when I noticed the wiring undering the carpets and the steering wheel. My god, that was a total mess. There are 100's of exposed wires running below the dash, many are taped here and there and they are all very very sticky.

I have an autocop XS installed and no stereo. Is this the way the wires are usually or can I do something about this? Would someone be able to rewire everything neatly and in a concealed fashion? Does this make sense at all or should I just leave it as it is?
Old 1st July 2007, 12:56   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by herculesksp View Post
So the windows started fogging up real bad. I never have my windows rolled up, it is always down but still the fogging on the windscreen was there. It was pretty bad too. Almost half the window was fogged and visibility was real bad. I tried the defogger on the car with AC on, without AC on, with cold car, with hot air, but still the fog didnt disappear.
Keep only the AC on next time. I don't think there's anything wrong with your car.
Keeping AC on means you're having a moisture free climate inside. Keeping de-fogger on means creating heat inside the car. So your AC won't be be as effective.

Most Viewed